Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I REALLY hate that I missed it. My son's last basketball game was yesterday and my husband ended up having to work. My mom could have taken him, but I was afraid that he would score for the first time and I would miss it.

Anything interesting at group? I really wish they would make it 2 times a month like once on Saturdays and once on a weeknight. That way it would be easier to make one or the other.

So far my fill is great. I have good restriction! Hopefully we can get rid of these last few pounds! It was nice cuz I am wearing a 12 comfortably now. Last night I even wore a belt!!! I haven't wore a belt in years!

Busdrivr post a pic soon!!!

OH Shawna I want to be in a 12 soooo bad...so close too but I cant lose anymore...its like BRICK wall reinforced with rebar LOL!!! My goal in 9/10...I have been that size since maybe middle school?!! Everyone is doing great!

Im going to a PS in bham on friday...Dr. Hedden I was originally going to get my arms done in Anniston BUT I think Im going to put that off and work on something else ;-) Im totally exicted!!!

Hello. I am going for my seminar tomorrow. I have read every post on this site. I feel like I know everyone here already. I hope there is room for one more in the Miles/ Schmitt family.

I am 37 years old. I have a BMI of 39. I have hypertension and diabetes II. I am on Medicare.

My journey is just beginning. I have thought about surgery for a year or so. I really have tried in the last year to change my eating habits and choices. I just have not been successful. I loss then gain back weight over and over. I hope the band will help. You know everyone will die one day....I just feel like if I dont get a handle on my weight that day will come too soon.

I do have a couple of questions... Does anyone have Medicare part A and B? What kind of out of pocket expenses are there? Is there a 6 month supervised diet? WHich surgeon did you prefer and why?

Sylvia well first off Good luck to you!!! I dont have medicare but I do work with pts that have it and Im pretty sure you have to do the 6month diet as well...

Congrats on starting your journey....Have you looked on medicares website to see what all they require and how much they cover? That may help!

Kaninag, thanks for the encouragment. I went to the seminar. I am so excited.

For future reference, medicare does not require the 6 month supervised diet. There is a $205 fee on your first visit though. I am sure there are other hidden fees that I will discover later.

I am not complaining. I have decided to do whatever it takes to have this tool to help me. Dieting alone has never been successful for me. I could loss a bit then it would creep back along with a few extra pounds. I have my fingers crossed this is what it will take.

Kaninag, thanks for the encouragment. I went to the seminar. I am so excited.

For future reference, medicare does not require the 6 month supervised diet. There is a $205 fee on your first visit though. I am sure there are other hidden fees that I will discover later.

I am not complaining. I have decided to do whatever it takes to have this tool to help me. Dieting alone has never been successful for me. I could loss a bit then it would creep back along with a few extra pounds. I have my fingers crossed this is what it will take.

WOW-- medicare used to be more strict that the private insurance companies....Im surprised you no longer have to do the 6month thing but hey thats easier for ppl!!!

GOOD LUCK!:)

OH How I miss group...well April should be the last month of working on saturdays BUT I think Im gonna ask off for group so I can come too!!! I finally got a new job and am supposed to Start May 1st :-) hope to see you all soon!!!!

Didn't you have your exam or license test this month? If so, how'd that go?

Didn't you have your exam or license test this month? If so, how'd that go?

OH--yes I didnt post that!!

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now an Adult Nurse Practitioner :-) SO Excited.

I have a new job and am supposed to start May 1!!!! (if I take it though...kinda disappointed) but anyhow...Thank you for asking!!!!!:):thumbup::lol:

BUT I think Im gonna ask off for the April meeting is it the 2nd or 3rd saturdays of the month I never can remember!

Wow-nurse practioner! That is great. I know that it takes alot of dedication. Congrats!!!

Thanks lolly and you are looking good to

Ok guys i do not want to scare anyone but just wanted to give ya'll some signs of band to tight week before last i had to have my fill taken out for a endoscope and in 6 weeks i had only lost 3 lbs went back this week and had lost 4 lbs with only 1/2 cc in so Lisa said that she wondered if i had to much in and did not put it all back in. I had not had any great signs a little acid reflux but I will always have that due to Barretts esophagus so I did not think anything about it anyway left office feeling good but in a while started burping and kinda felt like an air bubble thought I have not been like this since i had 5cc taken out so went back and took another cc out and I am fine. I just wanted to share that with you guys so if ya'll ever have those symptoms you know what it is .

I have a new job and am supposed to start May 1!!!! (if I take it though...kinda disappointed) but anyhow...Thank you for asking!!!!!:):thumbup::w00t:

BUT I think Im gonna ask off for the April meeting is it the 2nd or 3rd saturdays of the month I never can remember!

Way TO GO and its the 3rd Sat

Hello. I am going for my seminar tomorrow. I have read every post on this site. I feel like I know everyone here already. I hope there is room for one more in the Miles/ Schmitt family.

I am 37 years old. I have a BMI of 39. I have hypertension and diabetes II. I am on Medicare.

My journey is just beginning. I have thought about surgery for a year or so. I really have tried in the last year to change my eating habits and choices. I just have not been successful. I loss then gain back weight over and over. I hope the band will help. You know everyone will die one day....I just feel like if I dont get a handle on my weight that day will come too soon.

I do have a couple of questions... Does anyone have Medicare part A and B? What kind of out of pocket expenses are there? Is there a 6 month supervised diet? WHich surgeon did you prefer and why?

I do not have medicare but I used Schmitt and I guess the reason was he has done some of my friends. I am also 37 and was banded in July and it is wonderful i have lost 80lbs in a little over 8 months good luck and theres always room for more on here

I have a new job and am supposed to start May 1!!!! (if I take it though...kinda disappointed) but anyhow...Thank you for asking!!!!!:):thumbup::w00t:

Yeah! Good for you! I'm so excited for you! Congrats! Go make us some money gurl! lol!

HAHAHA--if i could quit getting low ball offers just because Im new...LOL they wanna pay me less than what I make now...UGH!

Hi guys! Haven't been on here in awhile.... How is everyone! I am still waiting and waiting. This is the longest 6/7 months ever!