Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Tiana: Please don't give up. Your journey may be harder than others but it's worth it in the long run. I too have asthma & breathing problems, altho it is so much better now post-op than it was. Dr Dey is a wonderful pulmonary physician and he got me on the right meds w/o a bunch of steriods all the the time. I hope you have a good doctor too. Take care and don't give up now.....

Thanks I think I am back on track now. Dr. Key is pulmunologist and he is great he tried every med in the world including theophellyne ( i think I spelled that right ) lol which I still take now. The steroids are what seems to keep me breathing. I just have to remember I have the support and use it. I will not cut myself off from it again.

And the flipped port saga... SO glad that is over! *knock on wood & says a prayer* They did my 'port revision' last Friday and I gotz to tell ya it hurt worse (afterwards) than the original surgery! OMG! I've heard a few ppl say that port revisions were a breeze but maybe mine was never in right or something! *ugh* Serzly... it was as bad or worse. No joke! But now... It's all good!

Hi girl! Glad that is OVER!!!! I was thinking about you!

Edited by bandmeimready

Hi girl! Glad that is OVER!!!! I was thinking about you!

Awww ty ty ty! I needed prayer... and cheesecake! lol. I need to find a great low cal/low carb alternative to cheesecake! :sad:) How goes it with you? When's the next dr appt? Did you bump them all up just a bit?

Awww ty ty ty! I needed prayer... and cheesecake! lol. I need to find a great low cal/low carb alternative to cheesecake! :sad:) How goes it with you? When's the next dr appt? Did you bump them all up just a bit?

All is well.......sitting here billing claims as usual on this rainey day :wub: Of course I bumped my appointments up! On the 15th I have to do a regular 3 hour sugar test at 7:00 AM, see my norm Dr. at 10:00 AM, and then see Dr. Miles for my first official appointment at 1:30 PM! I am going to have a super busy day! Pray I do not run late! I had all my really good physical blood work done Tuesday at my norm Dr. So, things are on the way! I am almost 1 solid month in! Now 5 more months left and we can get this show on the road!!!!

Ok! Guys! I just realized that my first appointment with Dr. Miles is on Monday! Freaking! What should I expect? What should I say? Anything I shouldn't say? What all are they going to do????? HELP!!!!!!

All is well.......sitting here billing claims as usual on this rainey day :frown: Of course I bumped my appointments up! On the 15th I have to do a regular 3 hour sugar test at 7:00 AM, see my norm Dr. at 10:00 AM, and then see Dr. Miles for my first official appointment at 1:30 PM! I am going to have a super busy day! Pray I do not run late! I had all my really good physical blood work done Tuesday at my norm Dr. So, things are on the way! I am almost 1 solid month in! Now 5 more months left and we can get this show on the road!!!!

That's great! Don't forget the 6 month thingy is really almost 7 months. I know... ALL dr's say it's 6 but it is 7 visits with the MD. I think they count the first as a consult or something? So the following 6 are the actual 6 months. Ummm... I didn't find that out until like the fifth visit and I was so disappointed! I remember sitting there thinking that I had one more to go *Grrrrrrrrr*

So that's when I started the 'bump' theory to get the appts a tad closer and putting me closer to this imaginary date in my head! *Grin* I know you'll be glad to get the sugar test over. *yuck* I so hate needles! It was torture for me to know I had to do all that and get stuck so many times *ack*

Hi everyone!! Hope all is going well with all of you!! I just don't have as much time to post like I used to. Between taking my kid to practices almost everyday and work - I don't have much time.

I have an appt with Dr. Miles on Wednesday to see if I need another fill or not. I have noticed that I am eating more and more frequently. I do have restriction, just not as much as before.

My paniculectomy was denied, because I have changed insurances since my procedure and the Viva plan I have does not cover bariatric procedures and will not cover anything they consider as a result or complication from them. I am glad that I applied otherwise I would not have known that if I had a complication I wouldnt have been covered. So luckily HR is letting me go ahead and change over to the BC/BS plan in April instead of waiting until open enrollment in October. So I will resubmit my request in a few months, I am pretty sure that I will get approved after that. But that is something to think about when changing jobs, make sure that your insurance will cover any complications resulting from the lapband.

I plan on being at support group on Saturday. I really REALLY need it. =)

Hope to see you there!!

=)

Shawna

Well saw Dr. Miles today and got a 1/2 cc fill. We are hoping that it works. What an experience let me tell you!! Dr. Miles came in to give me my fill and I was surprised because he has never givin me a fill before. I was laying there and he got the needle in with no problem - didn't hurt a bit. Well he kept trying to get it in the port and couldn't do it. He said he throught my port was leaning. Well he kept on and kept on. I was kinda laughing and said "this is the first fill you have ever given me" and he laughed and said "I bet you hope it is the last" and then he decided he needed Lisa. So he left that needle hanging out of my belly and went and got her. She came in and got it with one try. This was the first time she asked me to drink Water after a fill, which I was glad, cuz I am always afraid of it being too tight. She also told me that they wanted me to come back for a follow-up about every six months. I am wondering if they are having a lot of complications and are keeping a closer eye on everyone???

Hope everyone is well!!!

=)

Shawna

I was there today and had to sign that sheet about symptoms of slip and stuff maybe the just decided to keep a closer eye on things. I also can not wait till Saturday I so need it I missed last month and can tell that i did see ya'll there

Ok! Guys! I just realized that my first appointment with Dr. Miles is on Monday! Freaking! What should I expect? What should I say? Anything I shouldn't say? What all are they going to do????? HELP!!!!!!

So how'd that go? Did you like him?

Well saw Dr. Miles today and got a 1/2 cc fill. We are hoping that it works. What an experience let me tell you!! Dr. Miles came in to give me my fill and I was surprised because he has never givin me a fill before. I was laying there and he got the needle in with no problem - didn't hurt a bit. Well he kept trying to get it in the port and couldn't do it. He said he throught my port was leaning. Well he kept on and kept on. I was kinda laughing and said "this is the first fill you have ever given me" and he laughed and said "I bet you hope it is the last" and then he decided he needed Lisa. So he left that needle hanging out of my belly and went and got her. She came in and got it with one try. This was the first time she asked me to drink Water after a fill, which I was glad, cuz I am always afraid of it being too tight. She also told me that they wanted me to come back for a follow-up about every six months. I am wondering if they are having a lot of complications and are keeping a closer eye on everyone???

Hope everyone is well!!!

=)

Shawna

Well... that's kinda interesting considering my flipped port drama. Hmmm... is yours the Realize band too? However, I do hear that a 'leaning' or 'angled' port is not unheard of as time goes on and that usually it can be manipulated. On the other hand, that would have freaked me out had it been me since I have had a completely flipped port and it required another surgery to correct it. Grrr.... makes me nervous.

I was one of the last ones to get the lapband. They had just started doing the Realize band when I got mine, but only Dr. Schmitt's patients got the choice at the time. I am not really concerned about my port since I am almost at goal and hopefully will not need another fill. So far this one is PERFECT! I am not hungry at all. No reflux or anything.

Hope everyone is well!!

=)

Shawna

Hey Shawna, we missed you at group today. You should see Busdriver...she is really looking skinny. In fact, she needs to post a new picture.

OH How I miss group...well April should be the last month of working on saturdays BUT I think Im gonna ask off for group so I can come too!!! I finally got a new job and am supposed to Start May 1st :-) hope to see you all soon!!!!

I REALLY hate that I missed it. My son's last basketball game was yesterday and my husband ended up having to work. My mom could have taken him, but I was afraid that he would score for the first time and I would miss it.

Anything interesting at group? I really wish they would make it 2 times a month like once on Saturdays and once on a weeknight. That way it would be easier to make one or the other.

So far my fill is great. I have good restriction! Hopefully we can get rid of these last few pounds! It was nice cuz I am wearing a 12 comfortably now. Last night I even wore a belt!!! I haven't wore a belt in years!

Busdrivr post a pic soon!!!