Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

How is Jason, Busdriver, Fordgal & Kaninag doing? Missed you at last group. Hope to see you at March meeting.

I have some questions about the Protein shots. Do you drink them a room temp or chilled? How often do you use one? If they are considered a slider, do you really benefit from them very much? What is your favorite brand and where do you buy them?

Molly i am doing great and I hopefully will be at March meeting in Feb i had to go get my taxes done that day and unless my daughter has a softball tournanment that day i will be at march.

band me ready I absolutely love your blog your surgery date will be here before you know it and if you have any questions email me kristie.freeman@yahoo.com I am trying to do better about getting on here but some days are just so bust that i forget

band me ready I absolutely love your blog your surgery date will be here before you know it and if you have any questions email me kristie.freeman@yahoo.com I am trying to do better about getting on here but some days are just so bust that i forget

Wow! Thanks for reading my blog! Ya'll have all been so sweet! Thanks so much for all ya'lls help!!!!!! You are right, it will be here before I know it! Which is probably a good thing, I am ready to get this band on! LOL!!!

How is Jason, Busdriver, Fordgal & Kaninag doing? Missed you at last group. Hope to see you at March meeting.

I have some questions about the Protein Shots. Do you drink them a room temp or chilled? How often do you use one? If they are considered a slider, do you really benefit from them very much? What is your favorite brand and where do you buy them?

Awww...LollyMoe you're so sweet Ive been doing GREAT--as for Jason he's just a slacker and works on his car all the time now..HAHAHA

I actually work on the weekends now which is Why I havent been to the last several meetings....My goal though is to have a new job by the end of this month so that hopefully I can be at the April meeting. :-)

As for the Protein shots when I did use them I had them chilled. I dont use them anymore bc I got an AWESOME Protein Shake rec. from Veronica so whenever I think I might need a little extra which isnt often now I make me a shake. Good luck to you all and I hope everyone keeps up the GREAT work!!!!!!!

OH and as for the problem I had a couple of pages back...it didnt last but that night. Thank goodness it just went away...not so sure what happened but hope it doesnt happen again..Im back to reg food with no problems and actually ended up on mushies by the end of that same day...thanks for the concerns :-)

Great info! Thanks! I am so glad I know you "in real life"!!!!! :) I didn't want to say but I am really worried about all this pre-testing blood work! I hate to go to the Dr. as is!!!! Let alone any kind of testing :( My primary has put people throught successfully. Actualy a lady that works at the office had the LAP-BAND® put in in December. The only thing is that she typically uses Dr. Matthews at Princeton. I think I am the first one to use Dr. Miles. I have heard a lot of people complain about the Dr. Schmitt ENT Dr. Miles refers to. Pretty much the same thing you are saying. She rescedules and losses everything. My aunt actualy had the gastric bypass done by Dr. Miles and he finally had to refer her to another ENT because Dr. Schmitt ENT kept delaying her surgery because of lost paper work and so on. I might consider doing the sleep study with the Dr. my primary requested or see if Dr. Miles will refer me to someone different! I have had a sugar test done many many years ago probably like 5. It came out border line. They told me not to gain any weight and I have probably gained 40 lbs since then :( Thanks for the 30 day tip. I am going to go back and check and make sure none of my appointments are more than 30 days apart! Oh, but they still need to be 1 in a month right? Wow, I can't wait to have this surgery so I can just focus on getting my health back in order!

Hey! I did my sleep study with Dr. Dey and he's wonderful. I had sleep apnea before I ever started the process of my lapband but when it was time to do the paperwork for me, I just had to get him the compliance data and they had the paperwork back over at Dr. Miles' office before I knew it.

Hey guys how is everyone. I haven't been on here in a while nor have I been to group. Things are not going great for me at all. : ( I got sick back in Oct. I caught the flu and had to go into the hospital which meant STEROIDS which is not good. I then got sick again in Nov and had to go on them again this time a larger dose and a longer time on. I had an asthma attack in Dec and once again was in the hospital on another round of STEROIDS through IV. So if u haven't guessed by now I gained back alot of my weight. I got frustrated and stopped trying b/c I felt like I was once again fighting a battle I could not win. I didn't get a fill for about 4mos. I cut myself off from group which was BAAAAAD. I really think I needed u guys but I just could not bring myself to come to any of the group meetings. I went in for a fill last week and am proud to say that I think I am back on track. I talked to Lisa and told her that I was on the verge of giving up and she told me NO that is what they are all there for, TO HELP. I will hopefully be at group this month. Please keep me in ur prayers b/c I really need the strength to make it through this. The steroids scare me b/c that is where alot of my weight gain came from and haveing to continue to be put on them to better my breathing scares me into thinking that I will never lose my weight and be able to keep it off.

OH and as for the problem I had a couple of pages back...it didnt last but that night. Thank goodness it just went away...not so sure what happened but hope it doesnt happen again..Im back to reg food with no problems and actually ended up on mushies by the end of that same day...thanks for the concerns :-)

Glad that thingy went away! What kinda work were you looking for and where (generally) do you live? They were looking for someone else to work in one of our clinics but I dunno if it's still listed or not. Heck you may not even be near B'ham.

Im about 45min to an hour from bham...I completed the Adult Nurse practitioner program at UAB I take my certification exam March 17th...yeah def. let me know Thanks!!!

And the flipped port saga... SO glad that is over! *knock on wood & says a prayer* They did my 'port revision' last Friday and I gotz to tell ya it hurt worse (afterwards) than the original surgery! OMG! I've heard a few ppl say that port revisions were a breeze but maybe mine was never in right or something! *ugh* Serzly... it was as bad or worse. No joke! But now... It's all good!

Kagniag: Okay, what was the rec from Veroncia on the Protein Shake? Glad to hear your problem was a one nighter and that you're feeling better.

I'm going to say a prayer for a new job for you.

Edited by LollyMoe

Tiana: Please don't give up. Your journey may be harder than others but it's worth it in the long run. I too have asthma & breathing problems, altho it is so much better now post-op than it was. Dr Dey is a wonderful pulmonary physician and he got me on the right meds w/o a bunch of steriods all the the time. I hope you have a good doctor too. Take care and don't give up now.....

Kagniag: Okay, what was the rec from Veroncia on the Protein Shake? Glad to hear your problem was a one nighter and that you're feeling better.

I'm going to say a prayer for a new job for you.

chocolate Peanute Butter Shake:

1/2 cup fat free milk

1 cup of ice

1 scoop of vanilla Protein mix

1 pack sugar free/diet or low calorie swiss miss chocolate

1 tbsp Peanut Butter (i use a little extra)

3 packs of splenda

Blend well!!! Its awesome so enjoy!!!