Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

How is everyone doing? I have not been on here if forever but I am good down 70 lbs in 7 months.Just wanted to say hi to everyone

Hello everyone! I am new and my name is Mary. I live in Jasper, Alabama and are considering having the LAP-BAND® surgery done by Dr. Miles. I haven't been to the seminar yet, it is February 20. I am really looking for some advice I have BCBS. Would you use Dr. Miles and Schmitt agian if you had it to do over agian? Are there any other Dr.s you would consider and why! Also, I am very scared of being put to sleep to have the surgery. Was this a scary process with Dr. Miles? Thanks so much for any help ya'll can provide! I am 27 years old and weigh 310 lbs. but most importantly I AM READY TO BE BANDED!!!

I was banded by schmitt on July 1,2009 and have not had the first problem i have lost 70 lbs since then and yes i would def do it all over again but a whole lot sooner. And good Luck Mary

And Mary if you stay for support group Sat as far as I know ill b there and will be happy to talk to you and answer any questions that i can

And Mary if you stay for support group Sat as far as I know ill b there and will be happy to talk to you and answer any questions that i can

Thanks so much! I am def planning on staying! I am so excited! It feels like I have been waiting forever! You are doing a great job! Good luck with the rest of your journey!

I'm having a REALLY bad day! Anybody else had a flipped port???

Oh my goodness! Are you doing ok? What happened? Praying for you!

I'm having a REALLY bad day! Anybody else had a flipped port???

I have not had a flipped port but what is the doc saying? And will be praying for you.

Thanks so much! I am def planning on staying! I am so excited! It feels like I have been waiting forever! You are doing a great job! Good luck with the rest of your journey!

Thank you and it looks like i might not be there but if im not and you have any questions at all email me kristie.freeman@yahoo.com please. I am gonna try to have my taxes done Saturday and hope to be able to come to support to but at this point am not sure both will work out but feel free to ask me anything i am no expert but have been where you are and am really enjoying my journey this far.

Hello everyone. I haven't been here for awhile. Just too busy. I got another fill today but I completely forgot to ask how much. I have been stressing out over 5 pounds. Up & down like a yo-yo. Lisa said that it's Water weight, stay off the scales and I'm doing fine. One day, I can say I lost 70 lbs and three days later I have to say that I only lost 65 lbs. Than it starts over again...up/down. It's so distressing to me. I am so paranoid about re-gaining even tho I am doing all the right things.

I talked with Lisa about WW, Atkins, South Beach, etc diets since I noticed that a lot of the banders are also on one of these diets. She said that she wouldn't say NOT to go on one of them and she said she has even sent people to WW's before. However, she thinks I am doing good and just worrying too much. I am to see her in five weeks and to stay off the scales all the time.

Ashley, the nutritionist said I didn't need one of these diets. The whole point of getting the band is to eat smaller amounts of the proper foods and I wouldn't need one of the other diets.

Okay, what's your opinion on it????

Edited by LollyMoe

Hi everyone. Things are quite slow around here lately, I take that to mean that everyone is out and about doing "healthy" things.

Great job Kristie. You are rocking!! You too Lolly. Don't worry you are doing wonderfully! I would say both of you are right on track.

I am pretty stable these days. I don't worry about it as long as I am feeling good. I am more focusing on the plastic surgery now. It has been 2 weeks today that I saw the the PS. I hope to hear something soon. They told me it could be anywhere from 4-6 weeks to find out.

I forgot about group this weekend. My son has a basketball game in Oneonta at 11:15 an I don't think I will make group. So please tell Veronica that I am sorry. I really wish they would move it to another day. Saturdays are just to busy. Or at least have another choice. I really love going to group, I hate it when I have to miss it.

I hope everybody else is good!! We need to do a group photo!

Talk to everyone soon!!

=)

Shawna

It would be awesome if they could have it either earlier or later...then I could probably either start work earlier or finish later...until I get off weekends I wont be able to be there and I really miss it!!!

Hi guys! I am going to the seminar tomorrow! Anything I need to bring or do? Also, after the seminar how long does it typically take to get an appointment? Any words of encouragement???? :confused:

Thanks guys! Have a great day!

bandmeimready: When I went to seminar, they gave me an appointment and within two weeks I met Dr Miles for the first time. They ask me which doctor I wanted and since I didn't really know either one, I told them that it didn't matter. Both doctors are highly qualified. Dr Schmitt is younger than Dr Miles. I haven't seen Dr Miles post-op but one time. I see Lisa for my fills/talks. Good luck.

Make sure you attend group meetings each month. You learn so much from them.

Thanks! I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait forever to get an appointment. I think I have decided to go with Dr. Miles! Thanks so much for responding I relly appreciate it!

Ya'll have fun today and I hate that i have to miss it but have to have taxes done at 11 and theres not enough time for everything but i love the meetings i just helps me but hopefully next month. let me know what this is about

Oh my goodness! Are you doing ok? What happened? Praying for you!

I'll be better once they get it corrected *grin* They dunno the how's or why's. It's not my fault... nothing I did... it just happens sometimes. Well... less than 1% of the time. I have 'port revision' surgery next week to correct the problem. I did mention how much I hate needles and such right?