Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Hello Everyone. I am trying to get my ticker rule to work, so just testing.

Hi all!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Since school started back I have been super busy.

I have a question for you guys....the last couple of nights I woke up about 2 am with pain in my stomach. I could hear it growling at me and I had a little gas come up after I got up, but I was wondering why so much pain?

Do you think it is because my stomach is empty at that time and I need to eat before bed? Or could there be something going wrong with the band? I have only had one fill (3cc) since my surgery and go back in 2 weeks for another, so I will definitely ask the nurse about the pain when I return.

Thanks!

thank you all so much i didnt realize that i wasn't getting all my Protein in until i started keeping a food journal. I was talking about adding another Protein Shake, i drink one for Breakfast since i leave home at 540 and sometimes dont get back till 12 or even after my afternoon run. ya'll are the best on here i would be lost without this forum and i am gonna try the Peanut Butter shake

Hi all!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Since school started back I have been super busy.

I have a question for you guys....the last couple of nights I woke up about 2 am with pain in my stomach. I could hear it growling at me and I had a little gas come up after I got up, but I was wondering why so much pain?

Do you think it is because my stomach is empty at that time and I need to eat before bed? Or could there be something going wrong with the band? I have only had one fill (3cc) since my surgery and go back in 2 weeks for another, so I will definitely ask the nurse about the pain when I return.

Thanks!

Def talk to your nurse about it

It could be reflux or it could be that you are hungry or maybe something has irritated your stomach. But def talk to the nurse. Keep us posted!

Any burning in the stomach or throat?

Hi everyone!! Hope all is well with you!! I had my post-op appt today and he told me I was healing nicely and he also told me he took a peek at my band while he was in there and all and nothing looked out of place or irritated. That was comforting.

Since my surgery last week my weight is coming down. I had put on about 3lbs before surgery (I don't mark small gains in my ticker cuz to me that would be accepting it and I am not willing to do that). This morning I weighed and I am at 185!! That rocked!! 10 away from goal!

I am glad you found your way around on here Lolly. It is a wonderful support system. I don't think I would have been half as successful without my friends on here. I am so glad Veronica put us in touch!

Well I am off to finish up my work before the weekend!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Shawna

Def talk to your nurse about it

It could be reflux or it could be that you are hungry or maybe something has irritated your stomach. But def talk to the nurse. Keep us posted!

Any burning in the stomach or throat?

No burning anywhere...If you've ever been so hungry your stomach hurt, that is what it feels like. But when I get up and walk around, burp a little, go to the bathroom, it stops. Hopefully it won't happen again tonight! :o

Shamefully I haven't been here in forever! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sure there are tons of new bandsters on here and I'm thankful for that. As some of you know, I found out in March that I was pregnant. I had most of the fill removed so I haven't been keeping up with the board....sorry. Well on Wednesday August 12th I gave birth to my 23week old little boy. He was due Dec 3rd. He is in NICU and we need lots of prayers! We have a long struggle ahead of us and it's so overwhelming! You can keep up with the updates on the site below. Please pray for us.

CaringBridge / brysonpalmer / Welcome

Shamefully I haven't been here in forever! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sure there are tons of new bandsters on here and I'm thankful for that. As some of you know, I found out in March that I was pregnant. I had most of the fill removed so I haven't been keeping up with the board....sorry. Well on Wednesday August 12th I gave birth to my 23week old little boy. He was due Dec 3rd. He is in NICU and we need lots of prayers! We have a long struggle ahead of us and it's so overwhelming! You can keep up with the updates on the site below. Please pray for us.

i will def be praying for ya'll is there anything else i can do for you

I had a horrible day yesterday! Woke up not being able to breathe very well. I felt like a wide band was around my rib cage and someone was pulling it tighter by the minute. I couldn't walk but a few steps before I was struggling to breathe. No engery, no desire for even my wonderful Protein Shakes, couldn't take my meds and even struggle to talk.

I am on full liquids and am pretty much only taking in Protein shakes, tea, broth and trying so hard to get my Water in each day. Yesterday, I managed a couple shakes and that's all. I couldn't move out of my chair.

Now, I do have COPD from the life long asthma and my doctor says that I have damaged my lungs over the years from under-treatment. Some days, I do wake up not being able to breathe well.But, nothing like yesterday.

Late in the afternoon, I did a breathing treatment, got back on the hateful C-pap for awhile. Not much change last night. This morning, I have been breathing better but still not up to par. I feel very weak & sleepy.

I can't understand if this in some part my band, gas, and my normal breathing problems or what. I just know I can't deal with another day like yesterday. I was a whipped puppy!

Anybody got any suggestions? BTW: how many grams of protein in one scoop of the Matrix powder? :thumbup:

I had a horrible day yesterday! Woke up not being able to breathe very well. I felt like a wide band was around my rib cage and someone was pulling it tighter by the minute. I couldn't walk but a few steps before I was struggling to breathe. No engery, no desire for even my wonderful Protein Shakes, couldn't take my meds and even struggle to talk.

I am on full liquids and am pretty much only taking in Protein shakes, tea, broth and trying so hard to get my Water in each day. Yesterday, I managed a couple shakes and that's all. I couldn't move out of my chair.

Now, I do have COPD from the life long asthma and my doctor says that I have damaged my lungs over the years from under-treatment. Some days, I do wake up not being able to breathe well.But, nothing like yesterday.

Late in the afternoon, I did a breathing treatment, got back on the hateful C-pap for awhile. Not much change last night. This morning, I have been breathing better but still not up to par. I feel very weak & sleepy.

I can't understand if this in some part my band, gas, and my normal breathing problems or what. I just know I can't deal with another day like yesterday. I was a whipped puppy!

Anybody got any suggestions? BTW: how many grams of protein in one scoop of the Matrix powder?:thumbup:

You could def be having a COPD exacerbation....thought about going to the doc for some steriods? May help......

i have had days where i didn't have any energy at all but would make sure i got all my Protein in the next day and would be fine but have not had any breathing problems.

Kaninag, I would call him but Dr Miles put me on a steriod pack the day after the surgery. He felt my stomach was so swollen it was causing too much restriction. The thing is, I have been feeling great until this friday. What concerns me the most is that I didn't get near enough fluids/protein in yesterday. Today is better but not great yet. If it doessn't get any better in a day or two, I'll call my lung doctor.:thumbup:

Kaninag, I would call him but Dr Miles put me on a steriod pack the day after the surgery. He felt my stomach was so swollen it was causing too much restriction. The thing is, I have been feeling great until this friday. What concerns me the most is that I didn't get near enough fluids/protein in yesterday. Today is better but not great yet. If it doessn't get any better in a day or two, I'll call my lung doctor.:thumbup:

Hope you get to feeling better!!!

Awe Wendy, I will definately keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING!!

Shawna

kaniag when u make a choc pnut butter shake do u drink it all at one time?