Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

only thing i take is the vitaims. and if i dont get my Protein in a take some protein shots.(shooters)

I dont take Calcium supplements I just take 2 chewable centrums daily. But if you want to take Calcium get the chewables. They have them in orange flavor at Walmart and they also have the chocolate candy ones but you have to eat more of those to get your daily intake whereas the chewable orange ones I think you only have to take 2 to get your daily intake.

thank you so much for answering all my questions

what are the Protein shooters

Theyre fruit punch flavored shots of Protein. They have about 26 grams of protein in them...theyre not TOO bad tasting but they come in like a test tube looking thing and you just shoot it...well it takes me like 3 shots to get it all in...but usually you find them either in the Vitamin section or the exercise equipment section at walmart...its a good way to get in your protein if youre having trouble

Hey everyone, I have not posted in months and want to update and need some suggestions. I was banded on 11/17/08 and have lost 65-70 pounds and gone from a 3xl/50 to a l/38-40. I have had 5 fills totalling 6 cc. Since my last fill I still have considerable restriction. I am seeing a slow but steady loss in inches but I have been gaining and losing the same 10 pounds for over a month now. Clothes that were too tight a couple of weeks ago now fit so I know I am still losing even though the scales say I am not. I average 1000-1200 calories per day and drink Water, diet green tea and coffee with splenda and skim milk.

What can I do to get the weight loss kicked in again? It takes me forever to eat most anything and I feel full very quick. I am scheduled for a fill next week but I think I still have enough restriction that I will cancel the fill. I was working out 3-5 times a week until I tore the rotator cuff in my left shoulder and had to have surgery. For the past couple of months I have not been able to do much other than walk.

Some other issues I am having are some days I see my reflection and dont recognize myself but other days I feel as if I have not lost a pound. Also some days I will forget to eat and other days it doesnt matter what I eat I stay hungry. Is this normal?

Any thougts or suggestions would be appreciated. I will attend a support group meeting again if my schedule will ever cooperate. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hey everyone, I have not posted in months and want to update and need some suggestions. I was banded on 11/17/08 and have lost 65-70 pounds and gone from a 3xl/50 to a l/38-40. I have had 5 fills totalling 6 cc. Since my last fill I still have considerable restriction. I am seeing a slow but steady loss in inches but I have been gaining and losing the same 10 pounds for over a month now. Clothes that were too tight a couple of weeks ago now fit so I know I am still losing even though the scales say I am not. I average 1000-1200 calories per day and drink Water, diet green tea and coffee with splenda and skim milk.

What can I do to get the weight loss kicked in again? It takes me forever to eat most anything and I feel full very quick. I am scheduled for a fill next week but I think I still have enough restriction that I will cancel the fill. I was working out 3-5 times a week until I tore the rotator cuff in my left shoulder and had to have surgery. For the past couple of months I have not been able to do much other than walk.

Some other issues I am having are some days I see my reflection and dont recognize myself but other days I feel as if I have not lost a pound. Also some days I will forget to eat and other days it doesnt matter what I eat I stay hungry. Is this normal?

Any thougts or suggestions would be appreciated. I will attend a support group meeting again if my schedule will ever cooperate. Thanks in advance for any replies.

1. Are you exercising?

2. It is very common to hit plateaus in the wt loss process! You just need to change it up a little bit, add more exercise or cut a little more on your calories or drink more...also it takes 3500 cal to gain or lose 1 lb- just as an fyi

3. It is completely normal to go thru psychological issue related to your body image. Oftentimes our minds dont catch up as fast as the weight comes off. ..keep reinforcing the positives to yourself...you'll get there!!

4. as far as being really full one day and hungry the next----thats just how the cookie crumbles :smile2: kidding no I do that too........your stomach swells with the band some day and others it doesnt or your mind may say I'm hungry when youre really not...old habits are hard to break!

Just remember that the band is a tool, you have to work on your habits as well. You can do it, you've had great wt loss so far and I suspect that once you get over this hurdle you will continue with excellent wt loss! Remember all the reasons you had the surgery and if you get too down and out go put on one of those 3xl shirts and see how much youve change!!

Good luck and hope to see you at the meetings!

Glad to see everyone is kickin around here. I agree with Kani, I have a hard time eating in the morning. I just don't feel like it, but when I do, I will drop a pound or two and then the next time I don't eat they find their way back. I have to start planning my meals better and make myself eat something in the morning.

Well I had my ultrasound and it showed mutliple gall stones. So that is where my pain was coming from. I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow to get his view on things. Honestly I really hope he will take it out, cuz I am scared everytime I eat that the pain is going to come back. If he will then I am going to push for the first week in September so I can get an extra day with Labor Day and not have to use all my time (saving that for next year for my abdominoplasty!). I will let yall know what he says!

=)

Shawna

Well saw the surgeon today. He said that it was not a good idea to wait until September to have my gall bladder removed, so he is doing it next Thursday 8/5(unless I get picked for Jury Duty). Again he told me that it is probably a result from the weightloss. But you know what - It is still worth it!

Well saw the surgeon today. He said that it was not a good idea to wait until September to have my gall bladder removed, so he is doing it next Thursday 8/5(unless I get picked for Jury Duty). Again he told me that it is probably a result from the weightloss. But you know what - It is still worth it!

Oh you probably would have eventually had to have it taken out even if you didnt have the surgery.....its our diets and how we eat that makes so many ppl have to have their gb out! But good luck to you!!!!!!! And its one less organ you have to worry about :ohmy:

good luck and i hope it makes you feel better

BUSFRIVER: I remember reading a post of yours saying you accidently mispelled your user name..something I just found if you go under User CP you can scroll all the way to the bottom and request a user name change...nothing wrong with your name now I just remember you saying it should be busdriver :sneaky: just as an FYI:)

Hi everyone just checking in, I am down 28 pounds, and my clothes have room in them. They aren't not hugging all the fat rolls now. Shawna I hope you are doing well after surgery. I havent been on here in over a week, so I had to catch up on everyone. Hope everybody has a great weekend!

God Bless, Amanda

Hi everyone just checking in, I am down 28 pounds, and my clothes have room in them. They aren't not hugging all the fat rolls now. Shawna I hope you are doing well after surgery. I havent been on here in over a week, so I had to catch up on everyone. Hope everybody has a great weekend!

God Bless, Amanda

Congrats Amanda-that is AWESOME! I must admit I am a little jealous, since we had surgery the same week and have only lost 18 pounds (22 if you count the 4 I have gained and lost again)! :tongue_smilie:I am glad to hear you are doing well, since you had so much trouble at the beginning. I have my first fill on Tuesday, so hopefully that will give me a little more restriction. Right now I feel like I could eat a house, but I try really hard to stick to my portions!

I hope everyone is doing well. I guess the next support group meeting is in 2 weeks????? Hopefully I can make that one, since I am done with my weekend classes!!!! :thumbup:

congrats amanda i am also down bout 25 since my surgery and i get my first fill this week also and like you ak i don not feel a lot of restirciton i bet we feel different after our fill i go thursday for mine