Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

congrats venzwife! im very happy for you.

june the 3rd isnt to long to wait.

and if it was me i would wait until i get my staples out to go back to work. i know theres people that have went back sooner, but i just wouldnt like for you to. trust me you will want to be where you can relax some. but after that sure go back and take it lite.

cant wait to see you at the banders support group meetings.

Way to go Venzwife! Not long at all. I had my surgery on a Tuesday and went back to work the very next Monday. I also have a desk job and just made sure I took the elevator and took it slow. I just hated missing work cuz nobody did my job when I wasn't there....LOL. Plus I liked showing off my staples...hehe!

I go for my 1 year follow up appointment next Tuesday. Lisa told me it wasn't necessary, but when I talked to them about rescheduling, they said that it was, that they do some blood work, I wonder what that is all about??? Anyways I will fill you in after I go.

Hope everyone is staying dry out there!! I am so ready for this rain to be over!

yea, please let me know what all they do and for what reason.

Well...here it is! I have been approved for surgery and will be having it May 21st. Went through all the pre-op tests, nutrition class and meeting with Dr. Miles today. Woooo hoooo!!!

Well...here it is! I have been approved for surgery and will be having it May 21st. Went through all the pre-op tests, nutrition class and meeting with Dr. Miles today. Woooo hoooo!!!

congrtas! and it will be here very soon. it want be long until you will be a bander.:crying:

Wow - that is great Debbut! 1 week from today you will be a bandster! <sending positive energy your way>

=)

Hi All-

I am going to be attending the support group this Saturday. I have one more month of nutritionist visits then I will have all my paperwork to get approved. Does anyone know how long it should take for BCBS to approve me once all my paperwork is sent in by Dr. Schmitt's office?

Congrats Debbut and Venswife for the date for surgery.

Jason you've done a great job. Congrats on 102 pounds.

Hope everyone on here is doing well.

I seen the post about a get together that jason started. I would love to come and meet everyone but i don't know if we would be able to since we are going on vacation the last week of july and i usually have to work 6 days.

The good news is i have lost 20 pounds since surgery and almost 70 since thanksgiving.

Scheduled for a fill on May 21 and i need one really bad.

Hi All-

I am going to be attending the support group this Saturday. I have one more month of nutritionist visits then I will have all my paperwork to get approved. Does anyone know how long it should take for BCBS to approve me once all my paperwork is sent in by Dr. Schmitt's office?

I have BCBS and I knew the day Peggy received and submitted all my paperwork.

Thanks Shawna, Jason and Crimson....need all the encouragement I can get right now. Shrinking the liver right now and a little hungry but I'm keeping my eyes on the prize!:)

Yeah debbut!! That is really exciting! I am glad you were able to take an earlier surgery. She had some earlier dates for me too, but I couldn't take them because of giving notice to take a week off at my job. :-(

Mine took quite a while from submittal, but my situation really wasn't normal. I have two insurance policies with BCBS of AL and the secondary insurance covers it, but the primary doesn't. It had to be submitted under my primary first, then wait for the denial before it could be sent in under the secondary.

If your numbers are rock solid (above 40 bmi for 3 years, documented with records), then you could be approved in minutes via their electronic submittal to BCBS. But, if you have a low BMI, or have to use pictures as evidence like I did, it has to be physically submitted. Once mine finally got to the secondary insurance, it took about 1.5 weeks to hear back. It just took over a month to get my answer, though, becasue of my secondary insurance thing.

Hey, is there a support group meeting this Saturday? What time is it? I was thinking about coming and bringing my mom (she's nervous about this whole thing).

I was going to go to their website at www.alabamawls.com to check the date/time, but their website was down when I checked. Did they change their domain name?

Didn't someone say that this month's meeting will have a plastic surgeon there? Is the meeting at 10? Is that correct, I missed last month but I really wanna come to this one. Lemme know guys!

My scale is moving VERY slowly, but at least it is still going down...

Hi everyone, I just wanted to check in. I rec'd a letter from bcbs today and they need different weights from 2006, this was sent in today so hopefully i will get approved. Also, me sleep apmea # was 76.5, it needs to be over 50 they said for ins. to cover the surgery. I don't know though... I have been really sad and depressed lately, bc they had to cancel my surgery on the 13th. please keep me i your prayers, i really feel like this surgery is meant for me. Hopefully I will hear back in a week or so. Venzwife, I am soooo excited you have your date, I know you will do awesome. I am coming to the meeting tomorrow, bc I really need to get back on track, and need encouragement. Thanks all, Amanda

I think the PS will be there sat and I think it starts at 10.....not sure or is it 1030???

the support group meeting for the people that have had the surgery starts at 10 and the one where we stand up and talk to everyone starts at 1030. well the last one did anyways.

Amanda , keep it up. it will happen im sure of it. it took me over a year to get mine including everything i had to do. so keep your head up and it will happen.

akfmurphy, it took mine 2 weeks to get back in the mail. i have bcbs of alabama gov.