Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

YAY!! Congrats, did you fly straight home after surgery?

Still in Mexico. I was on this site 3 hrs after surgery. Coming home thursday. Weighed 293 at surgery. Having gas pain some but the gas x elps.

WooHoo Crimson Tide. Glad to hear you are well. You will have to post all about your experience when you are up to it. I would love to hear about the process of going through Mexico.

Take care!!

=)

Shawna

Did anyone else who submitted pictures as their evidence of weight history have to write a personal letter to BCBS stating why they haven't been to the doctor in 3 years?

I told the new insurance girl I was using pictures as my evidence, and she said that she would use pictures only if I had exhausted all efforts to get records from the doctors I had seen. I told her I didn't have any records because I avoided doctors like the plague the last several years. She responded back that I still needed to see if I could find any records because BCBS is being strict about the pictures they send in. I told her there aren't any records to be gotten, again. She then responded with "you haven't seen any doctors in 05, 06 or 07?" I told her no. Then she said that she needed a written letter from me addressed to BCBS stating why I haven't been to the doctor in 3 years.

This is NOT a requirement (my husband works for BCBS and confirmed this), but Dr. Schmitt's office said they needed it. Personally, I don't think it's anyone's business why I haven't been to the doctor in 3 years. I'll write the letter and turn it in - that's not really the point. I just got this vibe from her that she did not believe me, even when I told her multiple times, and didn't want to submit the pictures.

Anybody else have to write this letter to go with their pictures?

Congrats Crimson! Glad to know you're feeling well enough to post!! That's awesome!! Keep us updated!

Venzwife- I've never heard of that but I never had to deal with using pictures anyway. Unfortunantly, I've been in and out of doctors for years due to PCOS. I do with you the best!!!

Ok.. don't know how to explain this but curious if anyone else has been through this. It's happened to me about 4 times now. I get this INSTANT feeling of something tickling and dry in my throat that causes fierce coughing for at least 2 minutes. Painful, embarrasing, breathtaking, tears in the eyes, etc. When it's happening, I'm not eating or recently ate. The best way for me to explain it is that its dry and tickling. Today I actually got choked and threw up trying to get it to stop. Of course it was just liquids bc it was so early but gross! Natually, the rest of the day, I can't eat much if anything. It's like it irritates the band and it's hard to eat for a while afterwards. Anyone else been through this?? May not even be band related.

Oh and btw, I canceled the unfill bc the OB couldn't see the baby in the ultrasound. Either we're not as far along as I thought or the baby is not developing. :-( I go back Friday for a repeat ultrasound and at that point will decide about the unfill or not.

Hope you all are having a great week! The weekend is just a couple of days away! YIPEE!

crisomtide, congrats man. i hope you get back fine. please keep us posted.

venzwife, i replyed o you in the pm.

savedbygrace, i hope everything goes well, keep us updated.

and everyone remember the next meeting is on the 18th of this month. please come if you can. i will be sporting my new lapband shirt.lol

going to get a few more made with other sayings on it soon. so if you guys/gals have any good laband sayings lets hear them.

and also if anyone wants one like i have with your band date on it please let me know and i can get them made.they are about 10 dollars depending on size.

Today will be my 7th visit to my PCP. I was supposed to go Monday but the Dr.'s office rescheduled my visit and I hope that doesn't screw everything up with the insurance company. You guys were right, the time flew. I hope to schedule surgery sometime in May since my classes won't end until the end of April. I also don't want to take off a week from work with DIBELS (if you have kids in school, you've heard the term) coming up. I hope it all works out. I'm so ready to have this done but at the same time, I can't help but be a little apprehensive because I'll be losing my best friend....food. But to be able to walk into one of my college classes and not have everyone scoot their chairs up so I can get by will be worth it all.

I hope everything goes well on Friday Wendy. Please keep us updated.

WooHoo Debbut! I would figure about 2-3 months from your last appt until your surgery (if you are using Dr. Miles and Schmitt). I had my last appt in March 08 and surgery on May 6. Hard to believe I am coming up on a year with my band. Don't worry about your food best friend. The band will be your new best friend that will be a positive influence...LOL

For those of you that have a hard time with plain Water, have you tried the sugar free Hawaiin Punch singles to Go? These things are awesome. I have had Wild Purple Smash and Berries and Lemons. Mmmm! Way better than Crystal Light. They are $1 for a box of 8! Yummy!!

No games next Saturday, so I should be at support group! =)

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, what is going on. *dramatic I know*

well, I got my .25cc taken out what almost 2 weeks ago now...I feel like I can eat a house. I'm able to eat breakfast now and I have been eating 2 hardboiled eggs around 7:30 but then by 9:30 I am STARVING.....GGGGrrrrrrr I can pretty much eat whatever I want now...what, this is crazy .5 fill last time was too much how in the world can .25 out be soooooo much different...what should I do everybody b4 I start gaining weight back.......

Doing great here. I've lost 12 pounds since being banded Monday. Man i hope this gas pain goes away. It leaves then i feel fine then it comes back again. Not feeling that much hunger and only eating about 700 calories a day.

Iknow 12 pounds is a lot in 6 days but i'm sure it will come to a hault soon. I'm just enjoying it while i can.

Congrats on the loss CT!!!! Every pound counts!

Ok y'all! I went back to the OB Friday and we have a 6 week 3 day old little bitty baby! We got to hear the heartbeat which was amazing!

SO...........

I went to get an unfill Friday afternoon.... with Dr. Miles. I love love love him!! He's a great surgeon and I love how he's so down to earth BUT wow his fills / unfills are lacking. HA. He said my port was tilted and that I have alot of scar tissue but 30 minutes and 8 holes later.... he took out 3cc's leaving me at 3.75. It only HURT one time when something got poked but what an uncomforatable feeling! He numbed it twice and I've never used that stuff before. I'm still a little sore. When I found out that he would be doing it, I asked the nurse had he gotten better ha. She said yes bc he's having to do it more. Well.... I'm so thankful that wasn't my first fill bc I would be scared to go back. LOL.

Anyway, I'm doing great! Able to eat and still get full fast but not stuck so I'm thankful!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend and a great week ahead!

Congrats SavedByGrace on your new addition to your family. Isn't this band amamzing that it can be adjusted to accommodate our needs.

Best Wishes

Greg

congrats savebygrace, im glad you are doing fine. keep us posted.

crimsontide, glad you are doing fine also. i believe i lost 22 pounds the first 7 days. and what are you eating to get 700 cal a day in. i think fir the first week i was getting around 400-450 a day. and it was hard to do it.

on on the gas just walk alot it helped.

ok on a side not whgo is coming to the meeting this saturday?

Congrats Crimson Tide! I had looked into Mexico too, as an option in case I got denied by insurance, but I was worried about where to go for fills. Have you found a fill doctor that you are going to use here in the US? Other than FillCenter USA in Roswell, GA, I wasn't sure where else to go.