Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I won't make it to the meeting tomorrow but I'm really starting to get psyched up. April will be the 7th month of my weight loss program. I haven't lost a thing, although I have been exercising more. I can't have the surgery until May. I just don't think trying to tackle finals and having surgery at the same time would be a good thing to do. I looked at myself in the mirror at my hairdresser's today and told myself that it wouldn't be much longer before I didn't fill the chair up and my face wouldn't look so big. That's what I have done to get through the past six months. I've accepted myself and anytime I feel huge, I just think to myself that soon I will be healthier and thinner. And, that's okay. I'm a little apprehensive about all the changes that are coming. But what would life be without some emotional growing?

well it was a great meeting agian. and thanks tiena for saying i helped you out. i do try.

everyone look great and i could see alot of drop in weight with everyone there. got to meet a few new people and see some i havent seen in along time.

i told about 10 people about the forum here so maybe we will have some new people soon.

on a side note i had a good nsv today. me and my wife went to kaninag and her husbands house and went out to eat. well they sat us in a vrey small booth and i was wait i dont think i can fit in it. but guess what i did. i didnt have to suck it in to sit down and i was very comfortable too. so i was like wow.

Jason... I understand the booth business and I am sooooo happy for you! I can't wait for the day when I can go into a restaurant and not panic over what type of seating they have. Congratulations!! I'm going to try to start coming to the support group meetings myself- I live about 2.5 hours away and it is hard to make the trip to Birmingham.

well it was a great meeting agian. and thanks tiena for saying i helped you out. i do try.

everyone look great and i could see alot of drop in weight with everyone there. got to meet a few new people and see some i havent seen in along time.

i told about 10 people about the forum here so maybe we will have some new people soon.

on a side note i had a good nsv today. me and my wife went to kaninag and her husbands house and went out to eat. well they sat us in a vrey small booth and i was wait i dont think i can fit in it. but guess what i did. i didnt have to suck it in to sit down and i was very comfortable too. so i was like wow.

YAY!! We had fun...cant wait to go out on the boat....!!!

Thanks so much for all of your encouraging words...I can do this...Thanks Jason I will try to come to the next meet...I have been on vacation but will try to be at the next meet

bandofhope, i can understand that drive. if one day you feel like spending the day in bham shopping or something then make the meeting. i dont expect anyone to drive that far all the time. how are you doing by the way? any problems yet? you getting all your Water and Protein?

kaninag, we had a great time also. and we cant wait to go out in the boat either!

ethannme, anytime! we are all here to help each other out when needed. and that would be great if you can make the meeting. i know its hard to make everyone. i cant even do that.

when i got up and talked this time i really stressed about support. it helps us out more then everyone thinks. we need it just like we need this band to help us. the support group,web sites,and freinds and love ones is a tool just like the band.

have a good day everyone. its time to go and do some yard work.

I really hate I missed the meeting. We ended up in Blountsville at 7:30 on Saturday, played 3 games and didn't get home until 4:30. They did finish 3rd, and Jack got a home run! WooHoo! It was funny though, during the last game one of the moms that we played with last year came and sat in front of me. Well she turned around and said "you are looking great by the way." Then asked me how much I had lost and then asked if I was doing weight watchers. I told her about the surgery and she asked if it was a bad surgery and she was shocked to learn that I had it during ball season last year LOL. Then I realized that gosh it has almost been a year! WOW! What a change!

Anyways how was the meeting? Anything new? As long as we are not playing ball, I will be at the next one!

As far is the liquids go, I had a lot of strained chicken noodle and vegtable Soup. I was just so sick of sweet stuff.

Hope everyone is well!

=)

Shawna

glad to see yal'll had a good time at the games. and glad to see them come in 3rd. i bet he was happy to hit the homerun also.

only think really new is that i didnt mine getting up and talking this time. oh and now lapband has a web sit like the realize has. so if you lapband people might want to look into that.

kaninag, can you tell me one more time where you enter your stuff at. what site that was?

So, I remember a few months ago somebody griped me out for eating salads...well I just went to lapbands website to see what all they've added and they've got recipes on there several with LETTUCE!!! For example: lettuce tacos, coleslaw, chinese ginger tofu salad....mmmmmm guess that the lapband site endorses salads in our diet :frown:

was it me? if so sorry. but i was told that the dressig in salads was way bad. even the low in fat ones. myself cant stand lettuce. so im good there.

got on the scales today and it said 327.4 nothing but smiles!!!!!!!!!!

i have lost like 3 pound quick this last few days. see it pays off to go to the gym. lol thats where im going now.

HAHA, no it wasnt anyone on here. Just somebody that wasnt even banded yet at that time that I ran into....I use lemon juice a lot on salads...its sooo good but it doesnt matter I cant eat salads after this last fill!

I dont know if anyone that comes to this thread is interested or not but under general discussion there are different challenges going on for ppl to make short term wt loss goals...I am only 2lbs away from meeting my goal for the April fools day challenge so I can say it has def helped me...anyhow we're starting up a new challenge called the donut day challenge...donut day is June 1st...so if you're interested join in!!!! heres the link: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/donut-day-wt-loss-challenge-june1st-90554/#post1180211

yea we have one going in the aug 08 banders forum.

but i will check that one out to.

just got done watching the biggest loser. it was a good show tonight. i was glad mike didnt get sent home. i really hope he does good afer the show. being that young and being that big i can relate with him. he is dealing with some hard times. so i hope he turns out good.

hows everyone else doing. i hope everyone is working out and taking the right steps in the weight loss!