Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I have the crud too, mostly sinus. I have some leftover antibotic Leviquin from when I was sick be4 surgery so I have been taking that and I have the good prescription cough meds that knock you out at night. LOL

I have to wait til the 20th to get my 2nd fill, I may call and see if they have anyone cancel b/c I would like to get it sooner. I had my first one done last month and they only put 1cc in it b/c I already had restriction.. I am looking forward to another tho b/c I wanna lose more weight.

bread doesn't work good for me. I had 1/2 piece of spinach chicken alfredo pizza this weekend. I tried part of a hamburger but the bun is bad... it hurts so no more burgers for me. :laugh:

I did good last night at Logan's. I only had like 3 small bites of the roll (their rolls are sooooooo good) and waited for my food. I got the grilled chicken with parmesan peppercorn dressing, sauteed mushrooms, & sweet tater. I think I had like 3 or 4 bites of chicken and several bites of the others and my friend said I was picking at it so I got a go box.

Anyway hoping this crud sinus stuff goes away soon b/c I need to start back on my exercise video in the mornings...

Sorry to write a book... lol

Yall are both doing great!! Just remember that the lbs didnt pack on overnight (even though it seems likeit) so if def wont come off that quickly!!! LOL Keep up the good work!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im only 1 month away from my yr bandiversary.....my wt loss total is sad compared to some that had surgery when I did...but hey at least its coming off somewhat!!

Happy New Year everyone!! I had my first fill on monday Dec. 29th and got 3 ccs. The fill wasn't as bad as I expected. I had lasik surgery tuesday and am loving my new eyes:thumbup:.

I have had a couple of problems this week and I guess it was pb episodes because I vomited both times and all that came up was slime. I had a piece of turkey get stuck Sunday and a wheat thin get stuck this morning. Both experiences were awful. I knew as soon as I swallowed the wheat thin that I was going to get sick. I guess those are off limits. Take care everyone and hope to see you all at the next support group meeting.

Hey everyone! It seems like forever since I've posted. Life has been CRAZY lately. I'm sure it'll all get back to normal now that the holidays are over.

The bandster life hasn't been so easy through the holidays but it's been worth it. I believe this last fill (almost 8 weeks ago) is a little too much. It's hard to eat anything that's healthy - so naturally.. I've resorted to easy foods and gained a couple of pounds. I have an appt in the next few weeks and I'm thinking of getting a little taken out. I wish I could get a fill for this head hunger HAHA.

Hope everyone is doing good and that you all have a wonderful LOSSFULL 2009!! :-)

BLAH- I just had a fill a couple of hours ago. I went to the doc and had gained 0.6lbs since my last visit so he let me have a fill! and I now have 7.5cc in 14cc band...but boy do I feel nauseated now. I havent felt nauseous after a fill b4-as a matter of fact I havent been nauseated with my band at all...so this isnt fun...guess Im going to bed early today :wink_smile:

BLAH- I just had a fill a couple of hours ago. I went to the doc and had gained 0.6lbs since my last visit so he let me have a fill! and I now have 7.5cc in 14cc band...but boy do I feel nauseated now. I havent felt nauseous after a fill b4-as a matter of fact I havent been nauseated with my band at all...so this isnt fun...guess Im going to bed early today :wink_smile:

Sorry you feel so bad:frown:. How much had your band been filled before this fill?

I was 7cc. The last fill before this one he put in 2cc I think and I didnt feel bad at all...I just had some hot green tea and I feel better!! Thanks!

I don't get to get another fill until Jan 20. I had to have an afternoon visit so I could leave work and not come back... I dunno how many CC's that my band will hold but I only got 1cc last time. I want more this time! :tongue2: I wanna lose more weight. I wanna be down a size, I probably am now losing 30 pounds but I am not buying more fat clothes...

Anyway time for bed, the kids have some virus and I hope I don't get it.

Oh yeah how long do yall wait to drink something after eating? I should read my book but anyway wanted to know what yall do... I have had a few episodes where I have drank something too fast and it has came back up really fast... KWIM?

I wait at least an hour before drinking. My doc told me 30 min but I wanna stay full as long as possible!

Hey Yall,

I hope that everyone is having a Great New Year!

I had my first fill yesterday. 4CC worth. I seem to be doing ok, I just feel a little strange. I am able to swallow and eat but definately not as much as before. I just seem a little tired. Is this normal?

I hope you all have a great day!:wub:

Hey Yall,

I hope that everyone is having a Great New Year!

I had my first fill yesterday. 4CC worth. I seem to be doing ok, I just feel a little strange. I am able to swallow and eat but definately not as much as before. I just seem a little tired. Is this normal?

I hope you all have a great day!:wub:

Make sure that youre drinking plenty of Water as dehydrations can make you tired...how much Protein are you taking in and are you taking your vitamins....not doing all of this can make you tired...plus youre body is having to adjust to just not getting as many calories!! Good luck!!

Oh yeah how long do yall wait to drink something after eating? I should read my book but anyway wanted to know what yall do... I have had a few episodes where I have drank something too fast and it has came back up really fast... KWIM?

I try and wait at least 30 minutes, but I shoot for an hour. I do notice that if I do drink when I eat - I can eat more - so that is a big no-no!

I was just talking with some ladies I work with and one was talking about doing slim-fast. Then of course I mentioned my lap bad and some of the things I have learned. Then she mentioned something about dieting the right way.... It's funny how people think that the lap band is taking the easy way out.

Hope everyone is having a great start to their New Year (except for all of this freakin rain!).

It really BUGS me how ppl think that surgery is the EASY WAY OUT!! Ppl dont realize what all we went thru in the process:

6 month supervised diet, psych eval, nutrition eval, some have to do sleep studies, waiting for approval, throwing up after eating too much, having a long a$$ needle poked in your stomach for a fill, not being able to eat favorite foods, having to exercise....yeah it is SO easy! LOL

Easy way out! HA maybe for the first 2 months.. I lost quite a bit but it IS a diet for me now. I'm so thankful everyone don't experience what I'm going through but this is NOT the easy way out!!

Shawna... NO kidding about the rain. I am SICK of it!

Any strange / fun new years resolutions anyone?

speaking of rain....my basement is flooding...GREAT! So yeah Im sick of the rain too. Just called our builder..theyre gonna have to come out and fix it cuz our house is not even 2 yrs old.