Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I wanted to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! I will talk to you guys soon!

April

Way to go!!! Keep up the great work!

I am fighting a HORRIBLE cold! Who knew you body could produce soo much snot!! (sorry, I know its gross). I have to get better before New Years Eve! I have a baby sitter and I am sooo ready to go out! Im calling my PCP at 8am and seeing if she will give me a shot!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas and is looking forward to a exciting New Year!

=)

Sooo happy just weighed this morning and I am down 29 pounds.. Woohoo

I have done so good staying out of the kids candy. :)

You go girl! I am SO jealous! LOL - I'm only down about 26.5 and I gained 2 lbs over the Christmas holidays! BUT - I have been given a treadmill (to borrow - my moms)....so I started walking on it this morning. Good way to wake up! I was on that thing for about 3 minutes and then I got off. I was already out of breath! That's pitiful!

Anyways~~ Ya'll have a great day! I will talk to you soon!

~~Happy New Year!!!!~~

congrats ladies on the weight loss.

i didnt do that great over the hoildays. but i didnt over do it. i was going to get on the scales this morning but the battery was low so i got to go and get a new one.

I will have my first fill today.. Am I suppose to be food free for 2 hours before fill or what??? Please help........:tongue2:

i never did eat our drink anything before i went. i nevered ask so not real sure.

but good luck and i hope it goes good for you!

Hello everyone. I haven't posted or checked-in for over a month now.My weight loss is slow compared to some but hey at least I am not gaining!

So far I have has 3 fills; Dr. Schmitt gave me the first two with 3 and 2 ccs respectively. I assume that it was Lisa that gave me my last one of .5cc-I wanted more. So now I have a total of 5.5ccs in my 9cc band.

I just wanted to check in and wish everyone a Happy New Year!

My weight loss is slow as well...but like you I am thankful that I am not gaining. I am however TORN...I cant decide if I should get another fill or not.....Sometimes I feel like I can eat and eat and eat but like today it took me forever to be able to get down a 1/2cup of soup...of course it is TOM and I hear the band is tighter for some then....Any thoughts I just dont want to start throwing up again and a lot lately when I eat lunch my food HURTS going down...I guess Im not chewing good I have an appt for 1/5 for a fill but Im thinking about canceling it.

Guys, I go for my 2nd fill on Jan 13th and I can't wait. I have no restriction what so ever and I SO over did it tonight. We had pizza and I ate 1.5 slices of cheese pizza and 4 chicken wings. Needless to say I went WAY over my calories and carbs. I guess the good thing is that I can always start over tomorrow. I weighted tonight and it wasn't pretty! LOL....I don't know what to do guys - I feel so bad. I weighted 221 Sunday morning and now this evening I'm weighing 227! GEESH! I guess it's not good to weigh at night....

You guys give me hope! I love reading that you didn't gain or that you only gained a pound or two. I love reading that you had the ability to abstain from the "kid's candy". When I went to holiday parties, I'm usually the largest person there but it didn't bother me so much this year because I knew I might not be the largest person there next year. The funny thing is that my sister (who I don't see very often) looked at my plate and asked me if I were dieting. I didn't fill it up like I usually do because I knew if I was still hungry I could go back. I told her no and couldn't help but wonder what she would think next year when I had even less on my plate :0). Guess I'll have to 'fess up then. I haven't told anyone in my extended family yet. I expect the most resistance to come from my dad. He had a friend who died from complications from Gastric Bypass. So, I'm waiting until everything has been approved. Everyone have a Happy New Year! I'm looking to a quiet evening at home....away from high school basketball games!

You are still doing good April don't be too hard on yourself. I remember when I could polish off half a pizza, now I can eat 2 small thin crust slices or 1 regular crust. Big difference. I remember going to taco bell and my order would be 2 tacos, 2 burritos and a mexi melt! Now I get a pintos and cheese and a taco. Also try and use the small plate when fixing your plate - it really does work. I clean off a small plate of food and feel like I have overdone it. Then I think about how that would look on a normal size plate and I probably ate half as much. Its gradual, but just keep working on it. It will get better.

Kani - Are your fills still covered by insurance? If not can you call and ask them what they think instead of having to go in? I have an appt on January 12, but with this new job, I hate having to ask to leave early, so I might wait another couple of weeks.

I did go to the Dr. yesterday, it was the lowest I have ever weighed since I have been seeing her (over 7 years). She gave me a shot and some narcotic cough Syrup. That is the good thing about the band, you have an excuse for not getting pills...LOL! I feel 1000 times better today.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good New Year!

i feel about the sme way on eating. sometimes i feel i can eat what ever i want and all i want, then theres rims wher it all i can do to eat a handfull of food.< /p>

i have 4cc's now and going to get my 3rd fill on the 12th of next month.

ive also notice my weight loss has slowed down some.

Weight loss slowing is an understatement...lol its like stopped all together..yet again. I knew this would be difficult as I have always suspected that I have the metabolism of a rock..lol.

Yes my fills are stilled covered by my insurance...as far as I know they always will be. but my docs office overcharged me so they owe me money anyway..lol. Ill just have a copay once they no longer owe me money. Im gonna go just bc Im not losing and I feel like I can eat things that I really shouldnt be ABLE to eat and we'll see how it goes....Ill just get unfilled if it becomes a prob...besides I have a new goal for JULY and if I want to be on the beach :) I gotta get this wt off :)

Weight loss slowing is an understatement...lol its like stopped all together..yet again. I knew this would be difficult as I have always suspected that I have the metabolism of a rock..lol.

Yes my fills are stilled covered by my insurance...as far as I know they always will be. but my docs office overcharged me so they owe me money anyway..lol. Ill just have a copay once they no longer owe me money. Im gonna go just bc Im not losing and I feel like I can eat things that I really shouldnt be ABLE to eat and we'll see how it goes....Ill just get unfilled if it becomes a prob...besides I have a new goal for JULY and if I want to be on the beach :laugh: I gotta get this wt off ;)

im with you on this. i need to be down 50 more pounds by july myself. kims also wanting to lose some before then. she has been walking on the thread mill everynight so far.

im going to ask for a good fill come next month to help me out some.