Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Does the pain happen after you eat? I have pain right there sometimes in spurts after I eat then I know I didnt chew that bite very well. And it is possible that your stomach is still irritated from the fill. Is it any better?

Hope it goes away!!!

You know I have noticed that it hurts after I eat somethings. I thought that it was my small hernia but I bet you are right. I am still learning how to recognize when I have ate enough and when I need to chew better. I think I over ate at lunch today. I tried eating a little bit of salad...and OH BOY! I started to burp like crazy!! :)

yea, when i dont chew to good it hurts me to. are when i eat to fast it does the same. well i didnt lose anything this week.

OK Ive got another pain question. After I eat sometimes I get pain in my lower left abdomen kinda close to my port.....it feels like a pulling pain like after youve run real hard and your sides hurt...any ideas?

You know what, I have had the exact same pain too at times. I don't think Dr. Miles did my fill right. I haven't felt any restriction much at all. I honestly don't think he hit my port, but how can I tell if the saline didn't go in? Any ideas? I don't eat much, but I haven't had any problems with bread or anything....as long as I take my time and chew real well.

I have a confession though...I made fudge over the weekend and I "tested" a small piece. Boy was it good...I didn't eat much today, so I thought I would be good on my calories! LOL...nice way of thinking huh?

Hi yall,

I haven't posted lately but I get my fill tomorrow and can't wait. I have started an exercise video this morning and hopefully will get up in time to do it daily. The weight isn't coming off like I would like it to...

Anyway I do have a question, how do I update this ticker thingy? I can click on everyone elses but not on mine. Odd. I need to update it for 24.2 pounds lost. WOOHOO!

Hi yall,

I haven't posted lately but I get my fill tomorrow and can't wait. I have started an exercise video this morning and hopefully will get up in time to do it daily. The weight isn't coming off like I would like it to...

Anyway I do have a question, how do I update this ticker thingy? I can click on everyone elses but not on mine. Odd. I need to update it for 24.2 pounds lost. WOOHOO!

I had to do a new ticker because mine did the same thing! Congrats on the weight loss! I have only lost 24 lbs since October 27th ~ so don't feel bad!

My parents are giving me their treadmill as part of my Christmas, so I will start that soon. Since I live so far out, by the time I get home at night, it's dark so I can't go walking up and down the street - but I have got to come up with something else...I'm not loosing like I would like to.

Advise on the fill ~ don't get yourself so worked up. It's fine. I got so upset last Tuesday that I almost passed out once it was over. I'm going to tell you what Dr. Miles told me ~ the first fill is the worst ~ I'm here to tell ya - looking back...it was not bad at all!

It might take a few fills before the restriction kicks in, don't get discouraged. I actually gained a pound between my 1st and 2nd fill. In a way I am glad it worked out that way. It gave me an introductary period. I really got to look at myself and understand what I was doing.

I went Christmas shopping this weekend. It was so nice I shopped in heels for 13 hours!!!!!!!!! I usually was in and out without really browsing. This time I really enjoyed myself. I bought me some new pants in a size 16!! And guess what - they are a little baggy. That made my weekend.

I was just sitting here thinking about how much has happened this year. Then I thought about how this time is so different than any other time I have lost weight. Usually I would lose 25 or 40 lbs and then reward myself with pizza or some other bad food. Now how messed up is that?! Now I reward myself with clothes or something fun. I am telling you - this band is awesome. This tool has tuned up my thinking about why I did this! =)

I hope everyone is doing well! I hope to see some of you at the support group meeting this weekend!

=)

Shawna

I redid my ticker and lower my goal weight ... not sure the weight I wanna be but I would love to be a 14/16...

Looking forward to the fill tomorrow...however heard it is a big a$$ needle, I will just have to look away.. lol I can make it for sure, you can do most anything after having 2 kids and all the surgeries I have had for this and that.. LOL

Thanks, I will post tomorrow on how it goes..

Oh do you have to go back to liquids after the fill at first or what?

I did for the first 24 hours. I don't think I have much restriction at all. But everyone is different.... be sure to post!

on making sure the fill went in. if you watch them do it you can see them open one of the valves on the needle. air bubbles will come out, then they will push some in and then pull it back out. that tells them that it went in correct. at least thats the way it was told to me by dr.miles.

im afraid to get on the scales this week. i think i have gained a pound our two. at least i feel like i have.

I got my fill today, they only put in 1cc b/c I am already having restriction. I go back in 4 weeks for another.

They had trouble finding my port where the needle goes in, the other girl marked above my incision so she poked around there 2 times trying to find the place where the needle goes in but finally had to get another ultrasound and get Dr. Miles to come in and it ended up under the incision... anyway I hope the next one goes better than the first!!!

We had chicken wings tonight and I had 2 and a bite of the 3rd one and 2 tater wedges and I was full. Then follow an hour later with loads of Water. lol

Anyway hoping for more weight loss.

You know what, I have had the exact same pain too at times. I don't think Dr. Miles did my fill right. I haven't felt any restriction much at all. I honestly don't think he hit my port, but how can I tell if the saline didn't go in? Any ideas? I don't eat much, but I haven't had any problems with bread or anything....as long as I take my time and chew real well.

Have you ever had an IV infiltrate? Meaning that your vein went bad or they missed your vein when they did your IV-It burns like ******* saline wouldnt feel too good going into your tissue. You'd def feel a difference if it went into your tissue!! Give it some time itll kick in :thumbup:

Everyone ready for Christmas??!!!

My port is bothering me something awful these days ....I am much more aware that its there where before it didnt bother me at all....I have been working out a lot more but it really only bothers me after I eat..........strange and Ive gotten sick twice this week already after eating :biggrin:

my port really hasn't hurt at all. but i do catch myself rubbing my port site alot. dont know why i just do it. kim always ask is it hurting and i tell her no i just rub it.

well im looking forward to the meet this saturday. i really need it. i have dropped off alittle. but im still going to the gym at least 3 days a week. i feel like i have gained a pound our so since last time i weighted at the dr's office. im hopping not. i guess i will see come saturday.

this weekend is going to be fun. first i got the support group meeting. then come home to have my little girls b-day party. and then off to a xmas party. so kaninag, i hope you and zach are rested up. it should be a fun night, if everyone shows up.

HAHA its gonna be great. Sara sent me a message today so theyre def coming!!! Cant wait til the meeting.!!!