Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

well another one for the tide!!

now to go and fight off the next team next saturday.

I have a question about the 6 month supervised diet. Did any of you have a hard time losing weight during this period? It seems like I take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I've been trying to stick to the Weight Watcher's plan (tried that at least 6 times already only to gain the weight back and then some) but found with going to school and working full time, I didn't have time to journal like I'm supposed to. So, I changed my diet to Dr. Vitkin's diet (yes, tried that one too) since it is a modified low carb diet and the way of eating associated with lapband seems to be high in Protein and low in carbs. Had some success with this until Thanksgiving. I didn't overeat, I just added small amounts of carbs back and bang! the weight is back. I know a lot of this is because it is crunch time with finals coming up and I hope to have more time to exercise next semester when the university will allow me to drop back down to part time status. Thanks for letting me vent....it's frustrating isn't it.

Deb

I have a question about the 6 month supervised diet. Did any of you have a hard time losing weight during this period? It seems like I take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I've been trying to stick to the Weight Watcher's plan (tried that at least 6 times already only to gain the weight back and then some) but found with going to school and working full time, I didn't have time to journal like I'm supposed to. So, I changed my diet to Dr. Vitkin's diet (yes, tried that one too) since it is a modified low carb diet and the way of eating associated with lapband seems to be high in Protein and low in carbs. Had some success with this until Thanksgiving. I didn't overeat, I just added small amounts of carbs back and bang! the weight is back. I know a lot of this is because it is crunch time with finals coming up and I hope to have more time to exercise next semester when the university will allow me to drop back down to part time status. Thanks for letting me vent....it's frustrating isn't it.

Deb

Hey Deb!

To be honest with you, I didn't loose but 2 lbs the whole 6 months I was supervised. I am having a hard time since Thanksgiving. I know this is only Sunday but I got SO sick Thursday night and I didn't over eat (or at least I thought I didn't). It seems like I am getting discouraged more easily these days. I thought it would be kinda easier that this, I wasn't looking for a miracle solution but I thought I could do this. I have come to the conclusion that I can't do this. I know I sound like I have given up and I sort of have ~ Everytime I loose some weight, I am gaining it back within a couple of days. I go for my first fill on Dec 9th, so I am hoping that changes things. What do you guys think? I am walking everyday and I am more active in the house (raining here lately) so I don't know. Seems like if I eat just a little bit of something like bread or take for instance, dressing ~ I am gaining like 5 lbs! Ok enough about me griping....thank you guys for listening...

Deb - I look at the 6 month "supervised" diet like this - you are having to show BCBS that you can't loose weight on your own, that you need the Lap Band to help - so by showing them that you can loose weight over these 6 months means they probably will not cover the surgery (or at least that is what I was told by the dr's). You will be fine....just keep doing what you are doing...don't worry about things ~ you will be fine!

I didn't lose any weight on my 6 month supervised diet (I actually gained). I think it's an obstacle that bcbs has come up with to weed out those who are not dedicated. Plus its hard to keep those appointments and I am sure that is a plan too.

April you are in what they call "Bandster Hell". Don't worry. I promise it does get better. I didn't lose any weight until after my 2nd fill. I think it is also a bad time cuz it is Thanksgiving. Everything revolves around food this time a year. You start to realize that there are things that you are just not going to be able to eat, but remember it is sooo worth not having the dinner rolls when you can feel so much better.

This Thanksgiving was my first banded holiday. The last few years I hated the holidays, I hated seeing my family and letting them see that I have packed on more weight. I would usually get up take a shower and go - I wouldnt fix my hair or put on make up. I was just miserable. This year was great. I actually was looking forward to getting ready to go see my family. At dinner I just took a small plate and ate some small servings of my favorites (except the rolls - which I do miss). I was not miserable after dinner - I actually felt good. I was really thankful for just being with my family. My day did not revolve around food.

I hope everyone is well!! Oh and Roll Tide!

=)

I actually lost a little on my 6month diet and then I stopped and then I gained some so I still got approved and I think I lost initially like 25lbs....I was taking Adipex...thinking about starting it back cuz Im not losing anything YET again.......

I actually lost a little on my 6month diet and then I stopped and then I gained some so I still got approved and I think I lost initially like 25lbs....I was taking Adipex...thinking about starting it back cuz Im not losing anything YET again.......

I know the feeling! I have taken adipex several times.. including during my 6 months. I looked SO forward to the surgery so I would never have to take another one. They make me very irritable. But now... I'm thinking I may try again. I'm so tired of this 3 month plateau (sp) . Lisa says it's the pcos but man I've wondered several times why I didn't just go with the bypass. I remind myself of the negatives of that but this is honestly alot harder than I expected.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We went home to MS to be with family and work on our land. It rained most of the time but we enjoyed seeing the family! Hope you all have a great week!!

I know the feeling! I have taken adipex several times.. including during my 6 months. I looked SO forward to the surgery so I would never have to take another one. They make me very irritable. But now... I'm thinking I may try again. I'm so tired of this 3 month plateau (sp) . Lisa says it's the pcos but man I've wondered several times why I didn't just go with the bypass. I remind myself of the negatives of that but this is honestly alot harder than I expected.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We went home to MS to be with family and work on our land. It rained most of the time but we enjoyed seeing the family! Hope you all have a great week!!

I have wished SEVERAL times that I had the bypass....I'm doing exactly what Ive done with all my other diets...lose great at first then stop usually I then start gaining it back. I havent started gaining which is good but I really thought this would FINALLY be my thing you know....Im exercising now, eating good drinking water....I mean what else is there that I can do? I barely had a crumb of pie for thanksgiving...now normally I would put on the holiday 5lbs and I didnt do that this thanksgiving but still....I wanna lose 15 lbs by Christmas...I just dont see it happening...its so discouraging.

on my 6 month diet i lost 35 pounds then gained it back when my mother in law past a way. then after i started getting back in the gym i lost 17.5 pounds and kept it off.

im like ford i believe its to weed out the people that dosent want to comment to trying to lose weight. and there is alot of people that just dont do it because there lazy.

well im going monday and getting my second fill. not sure on how much i will get. i dont think i need much maybe 1cc. i done good during thanksgiving. i didnt eat much but i did have a piece of oero pie that i made. i made it with the sugar free pudding and lite cool whip.

im hoping to have a good weight in monday. im hoping for around being 350-355. i want to be 351.5 by xmas. that give me 50 pounds lost. but i will take more.lol

i need to update my weight lost on my ticker but i will wait until when i get back monday.

well i went and got my second fill today. it went ok, a little better then last time. dr.miles done my fill this time again. i asked why he did mine and not some of the other people i know. i was told that he does the men and lisa done the women now. since there was so many to do they split it up.

but i did get some great news today. i made my first goal. i have now lost over 53 pounds. im so happy. so now my next mini goal for me is to lose at list 80 pounds total before spring. so i need to lose another27 pounds by then. i would love to lose a total of 100 pounds by then but i dont know if i can.

hows everyone else doing?

Congrats Jason! It's exciting to hear how much everyone is losing. It gives me hope!:) And, I'm glad there are those who are discussing their struggles too. It reminds me that this isn't a miracle cure but a tool to aid me in losing weight.

I went to my PCP today to weigh in and got fussed at because I gained 3 lbs. since the last time I weighed in.:tt1: My excuses included Thanksgiving, work, school, being sick, and a painful hip. :) The nice thing---I'm getting to know my doctor better than I ever thought I would. He's been my doctor for 23 years and I have only gone to him when I was really sick. I hate going to the doctor and avoid them at all costs (except for now). He's the one who suggested I look into lapband since I am now beginning to have problems with my sugar and triglycerides. He didn't push it, just suggested I think about it. The decision to have the surgery has been all mine and he's supportive of it. Apparently there have been several people from my area who have had the surgery---I wonder who they are??? :biggrin:

Deb

YAY JASON!!! You and I had f/u on the same day. No fill for me though...I think Im done with fills THANK GOODNESS!!!

On a side note got a concern...Yesterday I did A LOT of sit ups and was working my butt off and now my port site is bothering me.....any suggestions...It doesnt fill like it moved or anything but that area is now tender.

well i went and got my second fill today. it went ok, a little better then last time. dr.miles done my fill this time again. i asked why he did mine and not some of the other people i know. i was told that he does the men and lisa done the women now. since there was so many to do they split it up.

but i did get some great news today. i made my first goal. i have now lost over 53 pounds. im so happy. so now my next mini goal for me is to lose at list 80 pounds total before spring. so i need to lose another27 pounds by then. i would love to lose a total of 100 pounds by then but i dont know if i can.

hows everyone else doing?

Hey Yall,

Back from the beach and had a blast. Jason I am soooooooooo proud of you. I knew you could do it. Everyone keep up the good work. I see the lbs keep coming off.

Kan-I was reading about being careful when you do situps, and twisting the port, but sometimes on this site, there are so many different experiences that I could become paraniod reading them all. Maybe its nothing, just a heavy workout--at least I hope so for you.

I dont know about you all, but I tend to trust the advice that comes from our Thread more than others.

Hope you all have a great day!:biggrin:

Wow Jason YOU ROCK!! You are doing awesome!! 53lbs is SO GREAT!! You are gonna need a whole new wardrobe soon!

We keep missing each other at the Dr.'s office. I thought my appt was on Wed or Thurs.... Luckily I called! I did not get another fill. Lisa said that I was doing great and that made me feel great! I told her my only issues were the starvation feeling I get during PMS (sorry guys). She said that it probably would not go away but try to exercise through it. We will see how that works.

Kani my port site gets tender too when I seem to use my ab muscles more than usual. Its really weird. A neat thing though - I used to not be able to feel my port, now I can. =)

I agree 2nd I seem to trust this groups advice over others. I think its because we are pretty much on the same plan.

Well hope everyone has a HAPPY WEEK!!!

=)

Shawna

Yeah I def trust everyone on here more than other ppl. I was doing sit ups on my ab lounge and I noticed everytime I stretched back it felt like it was pulling and then when I did my sides I felt it pull some. Its better now than it was but Im like u fordgal I can feel my port now...lol I remember the doc not being able to find it :cursing:

Hi guys!

I agree with you Shawna...Bandster Hell is right! I didn't gain but 1/2 a lbs over Thanksgiving...THANK GOODNESS! I thought for sure I would gain more than that.

I have my first fill on 12/9 so I am SO hoping that I will start to loose more then. I can tell now when I over eat and how I feel. I ate too much chicken last night because I was about 200 calories short. Paid for it for about 3 hours too!

Jason ~ I am so proud of you! You have come such a long way!

Shawna ~ noticed that you meet your 60 lbs goal! CONGRATS! I can wait until I reach my 20 lbs goal...only 1.5 more to go!

Hope everyone is having a good week..I will check back in later...