Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

You will do great! They really take good care of you ~ they have a great staff. The only thing I didn't like was having to drink 12 ozs of apple juice before I left the hospital. Needless to say it didn't settle too well. You know we will say extra prayers for you! I did notice that I was more sore than actually hurting. I am just now to the point where my port site isn't that bad sore anymore. I do not recommend bending over though. I found that out the hard way! LOL...

take care and we will be chatting with you later!!

Hey guys ~ I have a question about something that is concerning me. Just a few minutes ago, I noticed that my port incision was leaking out from under the scab a little bit. Do you think I should worry?

As long as it is clear and doesn't smell, you should be fine. Just keep a check on it. If it makes you feel better, call the dr.s office for reassurance.

Yep Jason, I am planning on attending the next support group meeting. I love the motivation! It's the only place I can be with others like myself...LOL

The new job is going great. A lot of new stuff to learn. The campus is HUGE!! St. Vincent's looks tiny now. Another great thing is I get an hour for lunch (I used to only get 30 minutes) and now I can actually eat slow like I am supposed to!

Hope everyone else is well!!

I want to go to the meeting this time. (Anyone can go right bc I didnt have my surgery there) I could really use some extra motivation. Isnt it this saturday? I'm on call but if I dont have any scheduled pts to see I should be able to go.

alabamagirl, like ford said as long as it doesnt smeel and is clear it should be fine. and becareful from over doing it. you know you did have a surgery not to long ago. i also over did it when i got home, so its easy to do.

the best thing i have done is not keep things in the house that i love to snack on our eat. so get the candy bars out. if its not there you cant eat them. and also the family will eat netter also. im not saying dont let your kids our husband not enjoy treats but to limit them.

ford, i agree it helps out to come to the meetings. i cant wait until the next one every month. except for kaninag, theres not many people imn around with the band.

kaninag, yes anyone with the band can come. theres one lady that is from another doctor that comes every now and then.

oh and alabama congratz on the weight drop.

Thank you guys! I just got back from lunch and I think part of it is infected. I am going to watch it tonight. I talked to Lisa at the dr's office and she said that she wouldn't mind looking at it if I needed her to. Thank you guys! I look forward to chatting on here everyday. That's my motivation!!

thats what we are here for alabamagirl. at times we all get down and need a pick-me-up. i know i do, and i just come here and get it our go to the monthly support group meeting.

Okay I just wanted to ask where is the weirdest place that you noticed losing?

Me - My earlobes....LOL - I had these weird earrings that I couldnt wear before cuz my earlobes were to fat and the post wouldnt go all the way through. Guess what! Now I wear them all the time...

Just thought it was neat!

Okay I just wanted to ask where is the weirdest place that you noticed losing?

Me - My earlobes....LOL - I had these weird earrings that I couldnt wear before cuz my earlobes were to fat and the post wouldnt go all the way through. Guess what! Now I wear them all the time...

Just thought it was neat!

OH that is too funny! Just with the little bit I have lost, I can tell a difference in my face. Everyone here has commented on how my face looks thinner!

Question for you guys....is everyone doing high Protein low carb? If so, what kind of meat do you guys eat for lunch? I have been eating grilled fish (Gorton's) and I'm kinda getting tired of it! :laugh:

I had not been focusing on my Protein until I realized just how little I was getting. So today for lunch I went to chickfila and got their spicy grilled chicken wrap well the wrap is some whole wheat thing but the biggy is that it has 35G protein and it was awesome!! but yes overall Ive been doing low carb

ford, no really weird places i guess. well o k maybe one. if you have every seen me you know i got the fat guys man boobs. losing weight there is the weirdest i guess. lol yes it is funny so you can laugh i said man boobs. but most people comment on my face looking thinner and then my shoulders.

alabamagirl, i get my Protein in but not much more then that. mostly i am having alot smaller portions of food.< /p>

and i eat alot of grilled our bake chicken. and i eat baked fish twice a week. i got some great ways to cook it off the realize web site. my two best ways from there is the baked bbq and the baked fried fish.

kaninag, thanks for the heads up on the chickfila wrap. thats alot of protein for one item.

ok theres something i did today that i wasnt going to do until later. but i didnt have a choice about it. i went and got some new clothes. i went to try on my bluejeans and they wouldnt fit anymore. they was so big that they look bad. so i had a pair from like 8 years ago and tried them on and they fit. so i went and got a new pair in that size. i also picked up some shirts.

i was wearing a 52 in pants and now i wear a 48.

i was wearing a 5 xl in shirts and now i wear a 3xl.

so yes im so happy about that. but i hate to buy them when i know i will need new ones in just a few months.

i have been going to the gym everyday this week to meet my goal come saturday. if it dosent say 359 im going to be mad.

I went today for my pre-op labs and appointment with Dr. Miles. I am starting to get excited and anxious but not nervous.

I went today for my pre-op labs and appointment with Dr. Miles. I am starting to get excited and anxious but not nervous.

CD, you will do fine and I understand exactly what you mean.

EXCITED yes, that describes me today:smile2::lol:

Well yall, today is the day, I will be checking into the hospital in a little while. So prayers are greatly appreciated.

I hope that someone will write back and say that when they got out of surgery that they were not starving. I have done really good this week with the Liquid Protein suppplements but today I woke up starving....

Jason, Keep up the good work. you will lose those 3 that you need to before Sat and doesnt it feel good to get new clothes.

well everyone, have a great day and hope to talk to you soon.

Hugs to all,:thumbup:

Hi 2nd! I wasn't hungry at all when I woke up - I just wanted to go home!! Saying a prayer for you now! Keep us posted on how you do!

Hugs!!

April