Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

WOW, 4cc in the first fill...pretty aggressive. But hopefully for you that means having to go back less for fills!!

My advice is to remember to go SLOW-your fill may not kick in right away but when it does take it easy! Everyone is different and you have to find what works for you. I was telling someone the other day that I sometimes when I start eating sometimes I have problems but if I wait about 10-15 min then I can eat no probs.....strange. So its like if we go somewhere I'll take a couple of bites take the rest and eat it when we get home....but anyhow I would def avoid breads and pastas until you heal from this fill!

GOOD LUCK TO YA!!!!:smile2:

couldnt say it any better then that. :tongue2:

i had a great workout tonight at the gym. i am now able to do my treadmill with out any problems. and before i would be breathing hard abput half way into it. so i guess its time to up it to the next program on it. i also was able to do the bike riding the same way. its a small goal for me tonight.

Edited by JASON R

My fill has not kicked in. I repeat, my fill has not kicked in. It has been two weeks and I still can eat more than I should. Is this considered bandster hell also?

My fill has not kicked in. I repeat, my fill has not kicked in. It has been two weeks and I still can eat more than I should. Is this considered bandster hell also?

I guess it could be considered bandster hell. Im sure everyones definition of bandster hell is different. Remember though you didnt have the gastric bypass the band takes more time and YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GET RESTRICTION DONT GIVE UP :wink2:

I would call your doc and tell him. My doc told me if after 2-3 weeks you have no restriction call me and we'll get you in!!! Crap you paid (or insurance) big bucks for this surgery so your doc should be more than willing to help you!!! If absoulutely no restriction call him today! He may tell you to wait another week or he may say I have a cancelation come in today!:):)

Hey guys ~ I have a quick question. Does BCBS pay for the adjustments? Do we have to pay like a regular co-payment? I was just wondering...I have my first fill on Dec 9th and I can't wait! I am staying hungry and I don't wanna be!!! LOL

You know I havent had to pay for a single visit to the doc since my surgery. I wonder why that is. I should ask well better yet I should just go with the flow bc my co-pay is 30 for surgeons. I think they overcharged me and thats why I havent had to pay bc I looked at the bottom of my sheet and it said pt balance +$320..well shoot I want that money back!

You know I havent had to pay for a single visit to the doc since my surgery. I wonder why that is. I should ask well better yet I should just go with the flow bc my co-pay is 30 for surgeons. I think they overcharged me and thats why I havent had to pay bc I looked at the bottom of my sheet and it said pt balance +$320..well shoot I want that money back!

You know what, come to mention it, I just received the claim report from BCBS today and it showed that all I owed was 175.00 (+/-) to the surgeon but I paid 300 up front. I hope I don't have to pay anything...I'm like you...it would be 30.00 bucks a pop!

I think I should ask for a refund.

From my experience, they bill an ultrasound at each visit, not an office visit. I have to pay like $9.00 per visit instead of the normal $30 copay.... which I am thankful for! Every little bit counts! I would be like you.. I want the refund!!

Thanks for the replies. I'll check with the insurance company. I don't mind the 6 month supervised diet--what's 6 more months? Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had heard anything.

Deb

Hey Deb!

When I read BCBS's policy online, it states that a letter is NOT enough. Unless that's changed since I read it last, they still require the 6 month diet and 3 yrs proof of BMI.

Good luck!

From my experience, they bill an ultrasound at each visit, not an office visit. I have to pay like $9.00 per visit instead of the normal $30 copay.... which I am thankful for! Every little bit counts! I would be like you.. I want the refund!!

Ive never had an US now I have had to go to the hospital for Fluro but I didnt pay anything there anything. I should just be grateful that I dont have to pay anything.!!!:thumbup:

I have a few concerns that maybe some of you could help with:

My weight has pretty much stayed the same now for about a month and half. I have lost a couple of pounds but then its right back. Any suggestions for boosting my metabolism?! I take a super B vit complex.....I hate exercising but is there anything that youve found thats FUN? I got the Wii and love doing that but havent even found the time to do that in like 2 weeks.-Im in NP school and have been working really hard to get all my projects done these last couple of weeks but when I restart my husband and I walk a lot I wear ankle wts all day and I generally do the wii for about 30min I eat like a mouse and I eat pretty dang healthy I just need to start losing again b4 I get discouraged.

Please dont "RIP" my post and say how awful I am just if you have any helpful suggestions on supplements to take or fun exercises let me know. Thanks!

Hi everyone!! Glad to see things are going good. I started my new job at UAB this week. So things have been pretty crazy! Everyone in my office is sooo nice. My new boss took me to lunch yesterday. I got in the car and explained that I had the lap band and asked her not to be offended if I did not eat a whole lot. I know sometimes people are so weird about people who appear to be picking at their food. Luckily she is very health oriented and we went to some place that had an excellent salad.

April glad to see you are making it. Are you too far from LF Ballpark to go walk? The girls could play on the playground while we walked (with Jackson). Let me know if you are interested. I would love to find someone to walk with.

I have never had to pay for a fill. I go online and look at my claims and they just bill for an US and an office visit. Insurance usually covers most of it. But they have never billed me. I go again in December and we will see from there. I am now slowing down. But I think that my TOM is really affecting my appetite. For about 2 weeks prior my hunger just doesnt get satisfied. I have to be very careful. But now that I get to wear real clothes to work I have reasons to try even harder.

Good to see all the activity on here. Hope all of you are doing well! Hope to see you at the next support group!

=)

Shawna

OH Shawna I wish we could meet up and walk! It would take me awhile to get there. We might can meet in the middle!!

I have a question for you guys - I am running into a problem trying to find Snacks. I have been eating light string cheese, but that can only take you so far. Any suggestions would be great!

I'm so glad to see that you got a new job Shawna, what are you doing at UAB?

Talk to you guys soon!

April

Hey Yall,

I am writing to say me Hellos to this group. My surgery date is 11-12-08 and I am getting more and more excited as each day passes and less nervous about this. It's great to see this site for the patients of Alabama WLS. I am using Dr Schmitt and had my pre-op on 11-05-08.

man alot went on since i been on here last.

ok first off the fills. the first year of fills are free with the price of the surgery. i asked about that before my surgery. so get all the fills you can before the year is up lol.

nene, you need to just work out. dont kill me but thats what you need. you have helped me out so let me help you and start working out. you got a small gym upstairs so us it.

ford, im glad you started your new job. are you liking it? and are you coming to the next support group meeting? i will give your dvd's back to you. and thanks for them they helped.

april, you might need abother fill before it helps out. sorry.

alabamagirl, how are you doing. feeling better?

2ndchance, congratz on getting the band soon. you will be part of are banders group before long. and i hope you stick around we need all we can get. we got people from years out to freas as you. so welcome.