Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st Fill.. didn't do SH!T!!!

I just had a fill last Thursday and she tried to put 1cc in, but when I tried to drink the Water it just sat there so she took out .4cc. This was my third fill and now I have a total of 5.6 and let me tell you--I definitely feel it. I eat just a small amount and am so full I can hardly stand it. I am supposed to eat less than a cup of food (that is what she told me) and I can't even eat that. I have been told that once you get good restriction to be very careful to not have "soft food syndrome" or you won't lose weight. That is where you eat all soft and pureed foods (soup) because it goes down easier and doesn't hurt. That means the food doesn't stay in your band as long so you are hungry faster. I try really hard to not eat much of those foods except after fills and I will tell you that there are days where I am in pain from not chewing and have brought stuff back up because it hurt so bad I couldn't even talk. It has only happened a few times, but that is enough for me so now I listen very well. I am hoping that now I have the restriction I need to keep losing weight! Sorry about the novel:frown:

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel!!! It is really hard not having restriction and each month when PMS hits and I loosen up and get really hungry it just gets multiplied. Even now, when I am at my sweet spot, I have trouble at my TOM because I can eat more and am much hungrier. I also gain like 2-4 pounds and then I get all scared and paranoid and think I am a band-failure. As soon as my period hits and I get mentally and physically back to myself the weight comes back off, I get extra tight to compensate for the looseness of the week before, and I settle down and behave. But right now you are in bandster hell and it is called that for a reason. Be patient...I know it's easy for me to say that and I didn't do such a good job of it when I was there, but trust me, you will get where you need to be. Just make sure you have 4 or 5 fills lined up and scheduled so you can get them as often as your doctor will allow them.

I had my first fill two weeks ago and I too got pretty much no restriction from it (not completely none like before as I do have a bit but I will definitely need another fill) and cannot get in to see my doc for another 2 weeks (total of 4 weeks from date of fill) and I made that fill appointment on the date of my fill. Just hang in there it's a struggle we all have to deal with *big hug* it will be worth it!!

Hi AppleSmith - I had to post and say that you are just so adorable! I have so much fun reading your threads/posts. I do not have any advice about being hungry all the time, that only happens 7-8 days before my TOM, but for those 2-3 days I can't seem to ever be satisfied...so I just grin and bear it and load up on my protein...but for the rest of the month I'm actually ok....sorry! I hope this next fill gives you the sweetest spot you could ever dream of!!!

I just wanted to throw my support your way as well. I had my first fill two weeks ago today -- 2.4 cc in a 10 cc band. As you can imagine, I'm so hungry right now I could eat my desk, and I just ate two hours ago. And, I just finished that TOM and boy did I have cravings (did I really need to eat that apple fritter?) They don't call it bandster hell for nothing, do they?

The way I get through this time is to remind myself that it's temporary. Just imagine how you'd feel if this was it -- i.e. this was our actual diet that we're supposed to be on and suffer through until we lose all of the weight we need to. I'd be depressed to say the least. Instead, this is simply a temporary period of time that we have to survive and in the end, God willing, we'll all have that "sweet spot."

In the meantime, I'm trying not to gain. If I lose any weight, that's just icing.