Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgeons in Montreal

I'm planning on getting banded and I'm hoping that those of you who got banded in Montreal can help me choose the best surgeon. So far it seems it's between the following people (I'm going for the private route):

1- Dr. Pierre Leclerc at Westmount Square Surgical Center.

2- Dr. Pierre-Yves Garneau at Rockland MD.

3- Dr. Steven Miller at SPA Diva Medical.

There is also Dr. Nicholas Christou who seems to be really good. But he's charging close to $18000 while the three others are all around $16000.

Sharing your experience with me is greatly appreciate as it will help me tremendously in choosing my surgeon.

Thanks!

Hi I don't know if you already made your choice. I just had my lapband on August 26,08 with Dr Henri Atlas, I know that Dr Garneau was there too to assist him. It was at the Rockland Md and cost $16000. I considere that is it worth it. It is for myself, like a gift to my life.

Best of luck !

Congrats on the band! How are you feeling? I had mine on June 25th with Dr. Christou after all. Frankly, I'm disappointed with the clinic. When you pay $17,750 (with application and consultation fees) you expect better service.

Also, I have 5 incisions and he stapled them so they look even larger :thumbup: My sister had the band few years ago and she had only 2 small incisions and a third that is a bit larger (where the port is).

But the good thing is that I am loosing weight :thumbup:

Hi SunFlower, :rolleyes2:

I hope you are still loosing,,,, in my case I don't !! I was 225 before op ( August 26 ) and arriving at home 3 days later ( 2 days of driving remember we live in New Brunswick) I was at 218. Now 15 days later af I am at 214 .... so discouraging. I know a lot of people on Lapband loose more and more then I.

For the Rockland Clinic = They Rock !

On August 26, I arrived at 9:45 and 10:15 the Op started. No waiting and zap I was asleep. Good good personals there.:thumbup:

However the surgery took 2 1/2 hrs why I don't now. It took me a long time to really wake up. We left the Clinic the same day around 5:00pm. We stayed at the St-Martin Hotel in Laval. Do you know it? Beautiful service there too. My hubby took care of me.

I had terrible 2 nights. I vomited twice... well I tried too. We contact the emergency number for the clinic and the nurse Maria (an angel) told us what to check as bad sign. She was also in contact with Dr Garneau. Well no panick, I had a very bad side effect from the anasthesis med. I absorbe fast but cannot get ride of it. I felt druggy for long time. Before leaving Montréal, I bought the Beneprotein and I still have Optifast to put some carburant inside me :)

My energy is almost there now. I am going back to school next week. :) I am the French immersion Middle school Teacher. I am in touch through phone with a nutritionist from the clinic and with e-mail... bingo I got all the documentations that I need.

Well, I am optimist for the rest of the year. I just wish that I could meet people, like a group of lapband people. Here in NB, we are so far away of anything such as this. Thank you Sunflower to talk to me. You are the only one who answer to me and I really appreciate this.

In the middle of October I intend to visit Dr Atlas for a refill... I am a bit scared for that part. What about you, did you have your refill yet? Is it include in the price? I am not sure about mine.

Sorry for my writing... I am French. Let me know about the lack of 'Service" for your Op. Just curious

Lets keep loosing :sleep: !!!

Madame Suzanne

HI, if you got any replies/feedback please share them. I'm going through the same dilemma and would appreciate all the help I can get. thanks

QUOTE=sunflower00;766667]I'm planning on getting banded and I'm hoping that those of you who got banded in Montreal can help me choose the best surgeon. So far it seems it's between the following people (I'm going for the private route):

1- Dr. Pierre Leclerc at Westmount Square Surgical Center.

2- Dr. Pierre-Yves Garneau at Rockland MD.

3- Dr. Steven Miller at SPA Diva Medical.

There is also Dr. Nicholas Christou who seems to be really good. But he's charging close to $18000 while the three others are all around $16000.

Sharing your experience with me is greatly appreciate as it will help me tremendously in choosing my surgeon.

Thanks!