Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, last night I went to the seminar. They mostly talked about Bypass but I knew they would. They do Bypass at that facility and LB is done out of the area at another facility. Listening to the Bypass discussion just helped me cement my decision though, so that was good. My insurance will pay for everything except co-pays and any travel expenses so that was good to find out. It was a huge block for me. I can't do the surgery unless they pay for it.

I have some hoops to jump through, of course. My PCP needs to refer me to the Dietition and Psychiatry and once I've seen those 2 he needs to fill out an application to send to the surgeons. I e-mailed him this AM so I'll find out soon what he'll do. My one problem is that I've started this with him and he's leaving to go to another dept at the end of the month. I've asked him if he can keep my file just long enough to get the application done but I don't know that he can. If not, I have to hope that my new PCP goes along with what he and I started and doesn't mess this up.

I also need to start a 20 week "Lifestyle and Weight Management" class. If I can get childcare, I'll start next Wednesday. The first 2 classes are in-take classes. The following 18 classes are part of an on-going class so the in-take are to document how much you weigh and get you up to speed on where the rest of the class is. She constantly has people starting and ending their sessions.

The main reasons for class are to get your head on straight about the lifestyle change you're making and to help you lose the weight that the surgeons are going to require before surgery.

For those of you with Kaiser {Northern CA}, it sounds like I'm being sent over to the Richmond facility.

So, that's it! I guess I've started the process! I'll know better if my PCP is going to cooperate after I hear from him. Should be okay b/c he had to refer me to the seminar to begin with. It's just a matter of him being able to follow this through for me or making sure the new PCP will continue the process.

I'm excited!

Heartfire - Congratulations on getting started with your journey. There is a person going by the tag Warrior on this board who has gone through the Richmond process and has finally received her date. I suggest if you can get ahold of her to ask her the questions regarding Richmond. I went through SSF Kaiser and will be more than happy to answer any questions I can.

Again, congratulations and good luck.

Vicki