Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

H Pylori Test Results

Well I finally went in This past Wednesday and just got the call today. Positive ;) I could just scream it could not come at a bad time we are so broke. I guess I will just deal with it and call the Pharmacy later to see how much it is going to cost. Darn it

Good news is that my Band is ok.

Isn't that the bacteria that causes ulcers? You definitely want to get that cleared up! I believe you take a specific antibiotic. I think Ryan (whippledaddy) had to do that before he got his band. Best of luck to you!

That may sound like bad news but it's good that they found it. It's treatable! And it's important to get that taken care of because an ulcer is the LAST thing you want. That could lead to the loss of your band, so be glad they can treat it now.

Good luck!

I tested pos and Was put on antibiotics for 2 weeks along with flagyl after taking the meds I got my band. take care of it.

Just came back from the Pharmacy and it was not to bad $21.00 for all 3. Your right Alex It sure got me thinking what was more important getting the meds ASAP or risk losing my band. It caught me off guard so I was really surprised that I was Positive hopefully this reflux will get better..

Pat did you have any symptoms? Or is it you Dr's procedure to do the test?

Mary, I hope you get over this soon... for the sake of your band.

I *also* feel your stress about going to the phamacy. Tuesday I brought all 3 kids to the doc and all 3 got antibiotics... grand total of $105 on that day alone. :eek wasnt expecting that!

Wow Paula that is an unexpected expense.

Took Chalio to the Dentist on Tuesday and $77.00 later we were out of the office And that is with Insurance I was so upset I cancelled his appt for the next day did not have the money to spend.

I am feeling better today only after just starting the meds. No reflux last night..

Thank you all for thoughts:)

H-Pylori is a confusing little bug! I tested positive last year, and my doc gave me a box of samples to clear it up. But they said you could test positive without even having it, and the only way to know if it's gone is to re-test after treatment. So after you've finished the meds, you should schedule a breath test, where you breathe into these little balloon kinda bags. Because after you take the meds and it clears up, you could still test positive even if you're clean. Did I confuse you enough?

I was having my pre-op testing and It ws during my endoscopy that they found it . I have had some heartburn but nothing major . Thank goodness you went and got the meds .

Thanks for bumping this.

Maybe this is what is going on with me after all.I will see the dr after the weekend to find out.If I dont take the Pantoloc every day I get the burning sensation in my esophagus every afternoon and at night.Also the pressured feeling in my chest and stomach.....I will insist that the dr test me this week.

When I had my bowel obstruction I was tested for H pylori, it was possitive, having this can also cause gastritis which are the symptoms you explain. Here is a link to gastritis, one of the causes of gastritis can be H Pylori

Also the pressured feeling in my chest and stomach.

This is another symptom of gastritis

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gastritis/