Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov. Nymphs "Spring into Weight Loss" Challenge FINAL WEIGHT

Well, tomorrow is the first day of spring. I don't know about you all but I'm in a smaller size and very happy. I didn't meet my goal but I'm still thrilled.

Can't wait for our next challenge!!!!

Name...................Start..........Current..........Goal ......To Go

Momto1plus1.........228.8............223.0 ............218 .8.......4.2

Osangriared...........262...............252...............250...........2

Didn't reach the goal, but had fun going down...I'm up for the next

challenge...

Osangriared...........262...............252...............250......... ..2

Hollyberries............278...............267...............268...........(-1)

Met my goal and happy about it. Now, I need to invest in some clothes. Dang everything is hanging on me. I love it though!

Cindy

Hollyberries............278...............267...............268....... ....(-1)

Skinny_Jill..............186...............180...............178............2

I didn't make it! Darn! I gained .7 this week so I am back up to 180. :wink2:

I didn't make it.

Skinny_Jill..............186...............180...............178...... ......2

Sades...................201...............197...............190............7

Sades...................201...............197...............190....... .....7

shortgal.................189...............183...............182............1

Original goal was 184 and I changed it mid stream(by mistake). I forgot in one of weekly posts, what my original goal weight was!

so overall, I'm happy, I lost one pound more than my original goal (as conservative as it was).

Looks like Cindy ( Hollyberries) is kicking our butts! I don't know how with her pants around her ankles! LOL

SADES: Do you think your fill yesterday is good? I just had mine today. I always feel restricted and have no hunger the day or two after the fill, so I have no idea yet. The nurse said if this one doesn't do it, they should do an upper GI.

We went out on Saturday night, I ordered chicken Francese. They brought me two breasts that had to be at least 6 oz each. I ate one (plus a small salad) and I told the nurse that. She seemed surprised I could eat that much. The band is helping my willpower, but I told her I am "clock watching" between meals waiting until my next meal.

I hope this fill works at least a bit more than before. I don;t want to make another fill appt until I get back from vacation, but that is 6 weeks from now. I worry that if I go back before vacation, I might be too tight. That would not be good while in a foreign country!

Let me know how you're doing.

I have 7.5cc now Shortgal but I can still eat. I can feel it more now though so another .5cc should do it. My nurse (who is banded) wasn't surprised I could still eat. They are happy with my progress. She said that they usually expect people to lose 25 kilos (55 lbs) a year and that I'm doing great. She said that most people get their restriction between 7-8cc. I'm definitely not as hungry and can go longer without food. I have 4 days off for Easter so I really want to be sure that I stay on track during this time. Always heaps of food and chocolate around.

What is an upper GI? Also how many cc's do you have now?

They have put in approx 7.75. I get very confused about the numbers becasue when they withdraw before adding new fill, the number always seems different from one nurse to another that does it.

I asked about that today and she explained some can stay in the tubing. I guess it's more complicated. But she felt sure there was no leak or anything.

The Dr. explained that my band is the same size they would use on someone 300 lbs. so it makes sense to me anyway, that i would need a lot of fill. I carry a lot of my weight in my limbs ( and butt) and not as much in my stomach, so maybe that is why, too???? I have no clue, but I don't want them to think that I am lieing about what I eat, to try to get too tight. I absolutely do not want that. I really do want to be able to eat a big variety of foods without getting stuck, but i would like to feel full for four hours after.

I am supposed to be on full liquids for two days (and soft food for two) after a fill. I do get swelling from the fill, so I follow that rule for the first day and then as much of the second day as I can.

so you've tried real food already?

The upper GI is an x-ray type thing, you drink a liquid and they watch it go through. This is how I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia several years before banding. ( Hernia was fixed at banding). Test is no big deal. But when they mention things like that, it does make you worry a little. But I notice that those kind of statements vary so much from one nurse to the other. They have at least three that I've seen.

This nurse is the same one that thought i needed to talk to the nutritionist because some days I would do a low calorie day (800). I spoke to the nutritionist on the phone right after that and she wasn't worried about it when I told her what eat on those days and what my activity level is.

You seem in a good frame of mind. I had a few bad days last week with a few very hungry craving days. I was very anxious to get to this appt and I hope to see some improvement in the length of saiety.

You know I wonder, if they know we'll probably need between 7 and 8 cc's, why didn';t they give me larger fills, like 2 cc's at a time instead of 1 cc?

Well... I missed my goal by three pounds! Darn! I am stoked about losing the 17 pounds since Valentines day!!! I just got REAL tight from my fill last week. I think the weight will come off MUCH easier now. I am trying to stay busy, busy, busy; eat right, and not try to bore everybody I know by over-talking how much weight I have lost!

Anyway, I am ready to hit the next challenge!!! going there now to sign up :embaressed_smile:

Sades...................201...............197...............190....... .....7

shortgal.................189...............183...............182...... ......1

TxArcher................345...............328...............325............3

I'm feeling good about things Shortgal because I was reassured that I'm on track... it really helps. I know I'm not losing as fast as some but I have also been eating pretty much what I want. I really don't want to be so tight I can't eat or enjoy social functions.

Also, I have always eaten after a fill. The nurse just tells me to be careful. In answer to your other question, I was told by the doctor the last time that they don't put large fills, ie 3cc, because they can't really determine how much to take out if the band is too tight. .5-1cc is managable. Anyway, I'm happy to see how I go with this fill. Good luck with yours.

I'm feeling good about things Shortgal because I was reassured that I'm on track... it really helps. I know I'm not losing as fast as some but I have also been eating pretty much what I want. I really don't want to be so tight I can't eat or enjoy social functions.

Also, I have always eaten after a fill. The nurse just tells me to be careful. In answer to your other question, I was told by the doctor the last time that they don't put large fills, ie 3cc, because they can't really determine how much to take out if the band is too tight. .5-1cc is managable. Anyway, I'm happy to see how I go with this fill. Good luck with yours.

I'm with you on being too tight. I don't want to live with sliming and PB'ing all the time, just to be thinner, faster. I have been very comfortable with the foods I've been able to eat.

I feel like I'm on track with my weight loss, too and overall I'm able to eat most foods. The band has given me the ability to say, No thanks, to some foods like white bread and has just boosted my ability in general to make better food choices. And that's exactly what I wanted.

I get tight right after the fill, so I'm very comfortable staying on the liquids until I feel the tightness loosen a bit. I think we both have enough common sense to read our bodies signals and do what's right.

The two days of liquids always boosts my weight loss if I've stalled, so the fills have helped me stay on my goals. But if I get hungry on the second day, I eat something soft.

Be careful with all the Easter goodies around. I'm going to my BIL and SIL's for the day, so no leftovers etc will be around my house this year. Perfect!

I think my last fill is working Shortgal. I definitely feel full quicker. I can still eat okay but I can go a lot longer without food. Of course chocolate just slides through! :shades_smile: I'll definitely be careful with the Easter goodies.

Hollyberries............278...............267...............268........(-1)

Skinny_Jill..............186...............180...............178..........2

Sades...................201...............197...............190..........7

shortgal.................189...............183...............182.........1

TxArcher................345...............328...............325.........3

Shalee04................205...............196...............197.......(-1)

I lost 2 pounds this past week and made goal plus 1~!!!!

weight is harder to lost lately, I am going to AMP up my exercising program.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!

Hollyberries............278...............267...............268....... .(-1)

Skinny_Jill..............186...............180...............178...... ....2

Sades...................201...............197...............190....... ...7

shortgal.................189...............183...............182...... ...1

TxArcher................345...............328...............325....... ..3

Shalee04................205...............196...............197....... (-1)

Trixie....................241................219.5............221........(-1.5)