Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Donuts in the kitchen

I just got a message that they are HERE!!!! --- AGAIN.....

I work in an office where everyone frequents the donut shop right down the street and "treats" the office....... Ya know - this will be the THIRD time I will abstain........ I will.... I will..... I willllllll...........

Why can't anyone ever treat us to carrot sticks?????????

Sorry just had to vent.

:biggrin:

You know, this is what you can do, when they bring in the donuts, bring in a veggie platter!! Keep THAT on your desk. They have some great low cal low fat dips out now that even taste great. I haven't tried those sprays spritzer things yet ... but my friends tell me they are the best.

IMO I would be at your desk with the veggie platter than in the kitchen with the donuts any day .. I can't stand those things..

I love donuts!! But if I even try to indulge in one bit it immediately gets stuck! LOL....next time the message is sent you should get up and start yelling like a mad woman you can't take it anymore and run into the kitchen and start licking all the donuts. HA, I bet that would teach them.

I love donuts!! But if I even try to indulge in one bit it immediately gets stuck! LOL....next time the message is sent you should get up and start yelling like a mad woman you can't take it anymore and run into the kitchen and start licking all the donuts. HA, I bet that would teach them.

That's great!!!! Hey - and I'd get a little sample at the same time....It's funny you should mention - because I walked by the box a little bit ago and thought....OH MAN... I could just LICK the icing off of one.......

But I didn't..... and I even opted for a salad for lunch.....HAHAHA!

We have treats in our office daily too. We have over 100 people in my office and they always want to Celebrate something with food. However I have been very good and abstaining since my surgery. I do not even WANT this crap anymore. I always am looking for Protein or veggies.....who would have ever imagined.....Not me that is for sure!!

Just keep telling yourself that your smaller butt with look far better than those DONUTS could ever taste!!:thumbup:

I hear you! I'm the admin and have a counter on my desk. Every Tues, Wed and Thurs doughnuts and kolaches are brought in for meetings and guess where they go? Right on my desk! I move them to the kitchen when enough time has gone by.

I posted a picture of myself that I'm not proud of, and I put it near the boxes (so that I can see, but visitors can't) and look at that.

It has helped, but I definitely have moments of weekness!

Yeah...and why not a veggie tray every now and then????

Everytime you think of the donuts, just pretend in your mind that you are opening the waist band of your pants and throwing the donuts in, because that's where they eventually end up anyway.... right on our hips and butt!

I used to work in a primary care docs office and this was a huge problem for me. The drug reps would bring treats donuts, muffins, big lunches ( always with dessert). Patients would bring candy and treats, too. I gained twenty pounds working there and it contributed to me leaving the job. The environment was toxic for me!

I had to stay out of the ktichen at all times and even began leaving the office and skipping the "free" lunch.

Bring a yogurt or small snack with you. Good for you resisting again! Your band is working with you.

I have the same problem here. Every time I turn around there is cake for something. My boss and her boss are both pencil thin and eat like line backers, it's so unfair. Anyway, they used to get upset with me if I skipped it and they would make me come in there and watch them all eat cake.

Yesterday for the first time, nobody asked me if I wanted cake!! Either they just forgot about me or they are finally getting the message.

I cured my donut addiction by eating one, which got immediately stuck and hurt like you know what. You could put a dozen in front of me now and they would only make me nauseous.

Girl Scout Cookies, on the other hand, go down just fine. Sigh . . . at least they are around just once a year.

Everytime you think of the donuts, just pretend in your mind that you are opening the waist band of your pants and throwing the donuts in, because that's where they eventually end up anyway.... right on our hips and butt!

LOL! That reminds me of a poster that used to be on here, I haven't seen her here in a while, her sig line said something like, "Just smear it on your ass, Carol, that's where it's going, anyway."

:thumbup:

Well, I guess if you are forced to partake in a sense, you could put your donut or piece of cake on a plate and instead of eating it you could decorate it with pencil shavings...staples...salt...pepper...mustard...ketchup..you know whatever is nasty and you wouldn't eat. Then if someone asks what you are doing you can just say "Oh I am celebrating, too!"

Ewww carrots!! Lol.

LUCKILY for me donuts are one of the things that get stuck and i PB EVERY SINGLE TIME! Lol.

Well, I guess if you are forced to partake in a sense, you could put your donut or piece of cake on a plate and instead of eating it you could decorate it with pencil shavings...staples...salt...pepper...mustard...ketchup..you know whatever is nasty and you wouldn't eat. Then if someone asks what you are doing you can just say "Oh I am celebrating, too!"

OMG I truly love that! That ROCKS! :thumbup: