Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My band, doctors and my NEW life.

Hi, I just wanted to share my story(in short) with you all. I have never wrote here before and feel this is a great forum!!

I have been obese all my life and as I got older (39) I was at my all time highest weight at 330 in a size 28. I had lost my mother in 2004 to complications of obesity and felt I need to do something for me or I was going to be in the grave beside her, because my health was rapidly declining. I did lots of research on by-pass,the lap-band and doctors.

I decided on the Lap-band. I had went to 4 doctors seminars, I chose Dr.Hadar Spivak, bandmd.com, in Houston Texas.When I went to see Dr.Spivak, I was at the lowest point in my life, I was so depressed, lost and hopeless, there are no words to explain the feeling I had.

Dr.Spivak took time with me. Which I very much appreciated. His bedside manner and his credentials are outstanding!!

Dr.Spivak explained to me realistically what to expect and told me with the amount of weight that I needed to lose, I should go with the By-Pass, BUT, it was up to me. He went on to say that with the band I would lose about 50-60 pounds, but, he told me "It seems in speaking with you, that you are very determined to make the band work for you, therefore, I feel you will do great with it". That one sentence did it for me. He gave me HOPE that none of the other doctors did. He to this day still does not realize what impact that one sentence had on me and how it helped me over come so much dought and hoplessness that I felt. I was a cash pay and he had and still does have a great price. He does not run his practice on the "quantity" of patients he had, it was and still is the "QUALITY" of care that he AND his staff gaves each and every patient.

Today, I have lost 165 pounds and I am in a size 6.I take no medication. I am healthier and stronger than I have ever been. I have had so many opportunities come my way AND I am now part of one of the largest modeling companies. I would have never in my wildest dreams thought that I, ME, would be in the modeling industry.

I LOVE MY BAND!, MY LIFE!, CREATORS of the LAP-BAND!, DR.HADAR SPIVAK for being the First doctor in Texas to do the band and saving my life, and most importantly, GOD, for showing me the way, because He knew how lost I was.

What a great story. Glad you shared it with us. I think sometimes the Dr's underestimate what we can do with the band. Everything in life has some successes and some failures. You are obviously a success in so many ways, size 6 is just one of them!

Hi,

Your post reminds me of one of my favorite quotes. "Be careful of the words you say, keep them soft and sweet because you never know from day to day which one's you'll have to eat." Sounds like you have a great Dr. Congratulations on you weight loss. My surgery is scheduled for 4-14 on Mexico. Hope to be able to use some of your hand me downs one day.

Sally

My name is Heather and I recently had Dr. Spivak perform the lap band surgery on me. He came HIGHLY recommended from friends and clients. Dr. Spivak and his full staff are completely professional and loving and caring people. I am still in awe that i finally DID it!! I have had full confidence in Dr. Spivak because of his background and experience! I am so glad to be able to begin a new life full of energy and to be able to be ME, who I have always been on the inside trapped inside of this body of mine. I highly recommend Dr. Hadar Spivak for anyone who is considering bariatric surgery in Houston, Texas or the surrounding areas. You will not be dissappointed! Sincerely, Heather

Banded Friday May 23, 2008