Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing it BIG TIME!

SUPER MAJOR VENT IN 5.......4.......3......2........1!

I'm about to scream! I finally got the approval from my psychologist to proceed with the surgery. He told me he faxed over the papers on monday. I called today just to check and make sure things were in order and see if it's been submitted to UHC. First I was put on hold for 10 mins while she searched for the fax.:Dancing_biggrin: No they don't have it. :lol: I told her who it was faxed to...she says oh maybe it's in the pile on her desk and by the way she's not in today.....:Dancing_sad: So she tells me to call back tomorrow. But before she hangs up she tells me oh by the way we still need your 5 yrs medical history. I told her it had been faxed over 3 weeks ago. (I made sure my PCP faxed it that day and I called 2 weeks ago to make sure it was received.) She then says....Oh they only sent us one year of medical history.:Dancing_biggrin::cursing::Dancing_biggrin::cursing: And you didn't call me within these 2 weeks to tell me this???? I had to hang up before I lost it. Why oh why did I pay a program fee if I'm the one doing all the damn work?:Dancing_biggrin: This has been going on from day one. I've read all the horror stories about others going through this and now I get to experience it myself. Sorry people...that was a super vent! I had to let it out before I took it out on the innocent. :Dancing_biggrin:

Sorry for your frustrations and yes, vent away!

Insurance is another story with WLS. I've always felt 'less than' because I am not insured. All the times I've been sick but didn't get medical attention because of the costs.

But perhaps that has saved me. I'm fine, so no catastrophic event has happened (yet). So when I wanted lapband, I just got it w/o hassel of trying to get someone else to pay for it.

But those w/ insurance pay their premiums each and every payday...and it has to be frustrating when it's time to get a benefit...the hoops that have to be jumped.

Hang in and hang on!

Believe me, when you get to where I am...it's so worth it!

I don't get the program fee. I've read a lot of threads that talk about it, but till this day, it seems "off". I tried the Ins route, and they did pay for every single test/study done but was eventually denied.

I stuck with the same surgeon, because everything was so straight forward - no hidden costs, no scrambling around (they did all leg/paperwork), and went self pay.

I would gather all your forms together, and either hand deliver them all at once - or maybe look at the possibility of another Dr? If your struggling with them now, you may have issues with your aftercare - which is extremely important.

I wish you the best~~

i'm kinda going thru that right now... I went in it will be 3-weeks ago on tomorrow and i am anal when it comes to follow up.... it's really bad...lol.. but to no avail.. the lady was faxing the release of my medical records to the wrong dept and the dept. that should have had it didn't so it will take a week from this past tuesday for them to fax the info over...lol.. i was like wow... reallyyyy I told u.. but your the professional....wow... everytime i talk to people i get names department's and direct numbers and ext. i write down the times and dates as well.. i work in customer service and follow up is so huge... i want to know who didn't do what they should have done the first time that caused me to have to wait longer...uhhhh it is so frustrating....i know the feeling... bt the time will be here in no time...

Ok this is where I'm at. I finally got the approval from the psychologist and he faxed over the letter. I finally got a call from the surgeons office(first and only in 2 months since I started the whole process) to let me know that they have received the letter and that they did have at least 3 yrs of medical history from my PCP. They still need 2 more yrs but I know for a fact I have one covered but have to dig deep for the other. So I'm all happy I'm close to having them send off to get the approval. She says well you know UHC is now having people do the 6 month supvr diet?!? WTF????:tt2: So of course I hang up and call UHC the first call they send me to a care nurse. She advised me to just have the surgeons office to just send through what they have. I kept asking what all the requirements are and she just said your doctor has to diagnose you as being morbidly obese. Just have them send your name, age, and weight. :thumbup: If it was that easy you think I would be going through all these hoops???? So now I'm really confused on what to do. I know my insurance covers the surgery but to be this easy is a joke right?