Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kind of excerise is everyone doing?

I was just wondering I have been walking on the treadmill approx. 45 mins a day and working out with weights 3-4 days a week about 45 mins also. Just looking for more ideals. Thanks

I had my surgery 3 weeks ago so my doctor has not released me for anything other than walking right now. I am doing 2.25 miles 3x a week. I started Yoga in December and i love it. I can't wait to get back to it plus walking. Yoga is the first exercise in my life that I look forward to. When I am done I feel like I have done something wonderful for my self. I tried doing it at home with some tapes but I prefer a class at the local YMCA. My class is filled with old, pregnant and fat people. I fit right in. It sounds to me like you are doing great! keep up the great work.

My body seems to do its own thinking and gets VERY used to an exercise fast. SO, I have to shake it up a lot. I will do hills, change speed, walk backwards on the treadmill and RUN. It seems that running is something my body does not adjust to as fast as other exercises, but I am constantly varying the speed up and down as I am hoping to become a faster runner. I like to do elliptical, outside bike, I lift, and I recently started doing the workouts in circuits from JillianMichaels.com. I think they are good. You do five circuits at each workout. Each circuit has two strength moves and then a cardio component. You do it three times and move to the next circuit. I run outside, too for variety when it's warm.

I do Water aerobics three times a week and a Body Pump class once a week, and I walk on the treadmill for and hour and do biking as well I work out at a local gym that I joined three months before my surgery. It has been the best investment I have ever made. I afford it easily by the $ saved on food that I was spending before surgery.

I can't imagine not working out. I love the high feeling that I get from it. I keep it mixed up though so my body does not get used to the exercise. I am meeting with a personal trainer soon, so hopefully he will help me do just that.

Normally I walk 4 miles a day outside, I hate the treadmill but just put in an hour on it. I was a lazy butt all winter and didn't do anything, but last winter I cross country skied almost everyday that there was snow. When I wasn't exercising (all winter) I was still losing a lb a month, that was with no fill since 9/5 so I can honestly say the band never let me down, even when I wasn't working at it the band still was working for me. Now I want to lose another 10 lbs before my tt so I'm working at it.

I'm hoping to do the same things post surgery that i do now... exercise bike and elliptical.

I've been trying to kick it up a notch in preparation for my down time post surgery. Anyone had any luck with that?

I actually enjoy doing my treadmill, I usually do it while watching some of my favorite tv shows to keep from getting bored. I have just recently added some ankle weights and carry weights in my hands as well to try and up the intensity a bit.

My husband and I have been talking about joining a gym. My only concern is, I have done this before, and then due to work, kids, etc., ended up just not having the time to go. But, I still end up paying for it for a year due to having signed a contract, and I really don't want to do that again.

Try Bowling! I went yesterday and it was fun. I'm 2 months out and doing great. when were you banded? Judi

I sit in my recliner and move fingers up and down over keyboard. :thumbdown:

Also go to the bathroom once in awhile and work one day a week. AND swim a couple times a week.

I purchased a rebounder. It is a mini trampoline. I can set it up right in front of my TV and jog for as long as I want!! It's a great form of exercise if you have any joint pain!!! If you look it up on the internet, you will see that it is one of the BEST exercises!!!

Have fun!!

I do 20 minutes of Cardio at 6:00 am to get my metabolism going, then I do 30 minutes of weight training, alternating arms one day, legs one day, abs the next day.

When I get home from work I walk 3k outdoors.

I do the above 7 days per week, although will not be able to do the gym today because it is closed since it is easter sunday

I do alot of walking, I live in NYC, so the blocks fly by!

I take a Pilates class every Monday, and boy do I see a change. I do one additional session with a DVD at home.

Right now that is working me for body wise and scheduling wise.

My husband & I (& sometimes our teens) do Leslie Sansone's walk DVD's every day. We have 3 of her videos; one that is 4 miles w/boosted walking (jogging), one that is 3 miles w/a waist band attached to resistance bands, and the third for strengthening using a exercise band. We really like doing this and have been more consistent with it than any other exercise program that we have tried in the past. Bonus: It's working.:)

running, walking and circuit training.

My body has most definitely gotten used to my routine, but you cant keep getting fitter and fitter for ever I guess. I'm pretty happy with it, it fits into my lifestyle so I'm not really planning on changing much any more.

Weight training at the YMCA with treadmill before and after two days a week--then Curves for an aerobic workout (and comraderie with the women) two other days--Perfect for me!

That's what everyone's got to do: find out what's perfect for them :eek: (sfeiner has found her place too :) )!!!