Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a REBOOST!

I am rather discouraged and could use some input on how to get re-started with my band. I was banded in August 2007. Since being banded I have lost as much as 30# but currently haven't been doing so well and am back to #25. I realize part of the reason is the winter here in northern Michigan has made me lazy in the exercise portion of the plan not to mention I need to get another fill as I am able to eat about 1 1/2 to 2 cups before being full. I have a 10 cc band and am currently at 3cc fill. I intend to get a fill in the next couple of weeks. My question is... at this point how do I re-start my plan. Do I go back to the first few weeks of liquids and start over or ? If someone could help me out here I would sure appreciate it. Thanks! :shades_smile:

Yes, start over. That's what I'd do.

And this time you will succeed because you will understand this is a lapband system...not just get a band put in and you're done.

The system comes in with fills til you reach restriction. This is your goal now.

Good luck!

Keep us posted on how things go.

Don't go back to liquids. They don't stay in the stomach very long. That's just for healing. Go back to the plan your surgeon recommended and try to stick to it.

The fill will help out a lot. But stay in tune with your body. After a month if you need another fill, get it. The band won't work well if it's not tight enough.

Eat mostly Protein and green veggies ( like Atkins diet) to get rid of the carbs in your system and get back on track. The carbs cause cravings.

There are some people on the forum that will do two days of liquid Protein to rid themselves of the carb cravings. Which ever works for you.

Track your calories and your Protein and be sure you eat enough (at least 800) but not too much ( over 1200) and your protein should be at 50 to 80 gms a day. Track for at least one week so you get back on the right size portions. And get the fill you need.

I need to restart also. I think I would need to go see the dietician for a brain refresh about the foods I use to eat, you just start getting off track when you start trying other foods and forget about the healthy foods I was eating. I think that would help me out. I have like 13 lbs to go and it is the hardest.

Get a fill, and another one, and another one...or how ever many it takes to get good restriction! Go every 10-14 days until you are at the right level. It will start things up for you. The weather is warming up...I live in WY, so I know all about crappy weather. If you don't belong to the gym either join one or commit to do something for exercise. Eat Proteins, veggies, and you will get going again! I just recommitted to my band and I've lost 15 lbs recently. YOU CAN DO IT!

I just got an unfill Monday bcause I was too tight, I was starting with acid reflux. That unfill has been wonderful.

I just got an unfill Monday bcause I was too tight, I was starting with acid reflux. That unfill has been wonderful.

Glad to hear that. Now you can get down solid healthy Protein and I'm sure the last few pounds will begin to come off. Even if it's 1 or 2 pounds a month, suddenly one day you'll get on the scale and it will be gone!

I will weigh Tuesday morning to see what the scale tells. I can eat much better now, I don't PB no more.:wink:

Has anyone of you tried the 5 day pouch test? I have had some sucess with it. It gets you back on track and helps to get rid of the carb cravings again. They also have a website. (5daypouchtest.com)

I did it 2 weeks bakc and it really got me back on track and helped alot. Try it, it can't hurt and just might do it for you.

You are on the right track. 3 ccs is not much in a 10cc band. I would first start with a fill. I would then take in liquids then mushies then solids. Sounds like you are motivated too so that is a good thing. Fill is the first thing I would start with. Good luck.