Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No more PBing, is it time?

I've had my band since last July, you'd think I would remember to slow down on chewing and swallowing too big of bites. However, I'm still trying to remember to do that.

Last night as I was eating some roast which used to be a guaranteed PB if I wasn't careful, I swallowed a bigger bite (realizing but too late) and nothing happened to my surprise!

Is that a possible indication that my band is looser? I have noticed this with other food that used to give me problems also.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Well, the age-old rules apply: are you losing weight? Are you hungry often? Can you eat more than usual at meals and Snacks? The roast is sort of a clue to me that you need some more restriction. However, I also noticed that you've only had ONE fill and that was recently? Is there a reason for that? You've had your band since July? I'm just curious about this last observation! You only have 10 lbs to lose...WOW! That's just killer!!!

I've not ever PBd before. Sometimes I wish I could burp...that it would relieve the pressure...but nothing.

I do; however, slime like the dickens. That is my stop signal. And sometimes it doesn't happen and I stop at a serving...but sometimes it happens after 2-3 bites.

I've learned to embrace this occurence, this is what tells me to stop or if I overeat, it helps me to expell the food.

The band is a lifetime system and my addiction to food will always be with me...just like those w/ crack, heroin, cocaine, alcohol additions....my food addiction will never go away.

The band helps me to control it.

You have done wonderfully! Congrats.

Thank you guys.

Yes the stats are true. I was never hungry, had good weight loss.

I have another check-up/weigh in on Thurs. If I've lost its not much and has slowed way down. Thats why I wanted a fill last time, I wanted to see if it would help as my portions were more than I should probably be having. Plus I was hoping it would help with the slowing weight loss.

Am I hungry :confused2: been fighting the head hunger demons lately, driving me nuts, not really hungry I don't think. But since I got the roast down ok it made me wonder if I should try another fill. I will be trying to maintain soon and that scares the he#$ out of me. I've never been able to do it yet!