Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Support Meeting For SWLC Bandsters In Mississauga

Donna
Sign in to follow this  

Purpose: To offer peer support to preoperative and postoperative lapband clients of the Surgical Weight Loss Centre. We are not qualified to give any medical advice nor wish to and are not part of the clinic. Please contact the clinic directly for any medical concerns you may have.

Group Facilitator: Donna A.

(Please contact me through private message each month if you plan to attend if at all possible so I can plan accordingly. Also leave me your contact information in case of unlikely meeting change or cancellation, thanks.) I will also announce any cancellation due to bad weather on a post in this section of forum by 5 pm at latest on day of meeting.

Place: Mississauga Please private message me for exact address location or go to Toronto Weight Loss Obesity Surgery Lap Band Bariatric Surgeon Gastric Bypass and click on Patient Support Forum and then go to my announcement re: Peer Support Group at the top of the General Lap Band Surgery Discussions Section.

Time: 7:30 - 9:30 pm (anyone needing to arrive late or depart early is asked to do so quietly to avoid disrupting group.) There will be a 10 minute break from 8:30 - 8:40 pm. Room is available for members to socialize before group from 7 - 7:30 pm and after group from 9:30 - 10:00pm.

Schedule: Every third Thursday of the month

Next scheduled meetings:

March 20, / 08

April 17, / 08

May 15, / 08

June 19, / 08

July 17, / 08

August 21, / 08

September 18, / 08

October 9, / 08 (second Thursday of the month due to facility scheduling)

November 20, / 08

Refreshments: coffee will be available at no cost during group. Members may only bring in bottled Water and light Snacks as per community centre rules. Either a fruit, vegetable or cheese and cracker platter will also be provided at meetings.

Group Sponsor: Dr. Cobourn on behalf of the Surgical Weight Loss Centre has graciously offered to sponsor our support group so there is no cost for members to attend. Thank you Surgical Weight Loss Centre!

Guest Speakers: Periodically, guest speakers will be provided by the Surgical Weight Loss Centre when requested to discuss relevant topics and provide further information. Speakers will be invited to attend for one hour to speak and answer questions at start of meetings.

This peer support group provides a friendly environment in which members are able to participate, share, ask questions, exchange advice and find support on getting the most out of their lapband journey.

Benefits of Attending A Lapband Support Group:

- To hear from others who face similar challenges to your own

- To Celebrate positive changes in each bandster's life

- To provide motivation to follow the bandster rules that will help us be

successful

- To brainstorm solutions to problems

- To talk with a group of people who understand your journey like no

one else does!

Group Guidelines

Confidentiality

Personal information shared in the group is confidential. However as no group can guarantee confidentiality use discretion in what personal information you share with other members.

Begin and End On Time

Meetings will begin and end on time. Anyone needing to arrive late or leave early is asked to do so quietly to cause the least disruption to the group. An attendance sheet will be passed around for members to sign in.

One Speaker At A Time

Groups are most beneficial when all members have the opportunity to share who wish to. Please respect our limited time and give each member a chance to speak.

No Side Conversations

Members will give supportive attention to person who is speaking and avoid side conversations.

Feedback / Advice

Members have a right to ask for advice but are under no obligation to accept it. Feedback is to be given in a respectful nonjudgmental manner. Recognize some may just wish an opportunity to vent and be heard.

Equality

All members are equal no matter where in their lapband journey they are. Thus none of us are experts or have all the answers.

Guest Speakers

Periodically, guest speakers will be invited to attend for 1 hour at the beginning of meetings to discuss relevant topics and provide further information.

Group Facilitator

Will be responsible for assuring the room setup and keeping the group on track and adheres to the above guidelines in order to maintain a supportive environment

DONNA wavey.gif

Banded by Dr Cobourn at Surgical Weight Loss Centre in Mississauga

Toronto Weight Loss Obesity Surgery Lap Band Bariatric Surgeon Gastric Bypass

Edited by Donna