Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Can You Eat At...........

At Chili's.. I like the mushroom swiss burger, off the bun. Their fajitas (not in a tortilla) are pretty good too. Depends on the time of day, sometimes just a bowl of the broccoli cheese soup.. num.

I totally agree with Kat. I eat much better than before the band but I still eat foods that I like. They may not be healthy but I am satisfied and that is what matters. I am still losing weight even though it may not be as fast as those that eat healthy all the time.

Chili's has good salads and they have healthy items that are good.

In case anyone is wondering about O'Charleys (hehehehe)... their black & bleu salad is to die for. I'm not a big salad person, it goes in spurts and sometimes I crave it, but I don't eat it regularly, kind of a rough item for me.

But the black & bleu.. I crave it lots. It's 1,000 calories for the whole thing, but it lasts me 3 days and by day 3 it's gooey and I throw out quite a bit.

Carrabas (never ate there)

Outback Steakhouse(have not trieditsince banded)

A Chinese Restaurant( orange chicken and rice sometimes)

Applebees( I usually get a sampler )

macaroni Grill(I most of the times have problems with Pasta so I have not been there since banding)

Red Robin(don't eat there)

Ruby Tuesday(don't eat there)

Wendy's (chili only nuggets and fires get stuck)

McDonalds (can't eat here at all anymore thank GOD ):)

Chick F La(can't eat anything here):sad:

Panera's(never ate here

Atlanta bread Company(never ate here)

Subway (tuna salad no bread)

Can you Eat pizza? NY Style(can't eat pzza at all):)

Carrabas - Mezzaluna (I can eat like three)

Outback Steakhouse - Ribeye (about a third of it)

A Chinese Restaurant - General Tso with brocoli (about three chunks of chicken)

Applebees - never been there

macaroni Grill - Shrimp diablo with Pasta (about three shrimp with a few bites of the angel hair pasta)

Red Robin - Any of the burgers (I can eat about half with half of one of the buns)

Ruby Tuesday - Crabcakes

Wendy's - chili

McDonalds - fish burger with only one bun

Chick F La - small order of chicken nuggets

Panera's - Soup

Atlanta bread Company - never been there

Subway - tuna salad in a bowl

Can you Eat pizza? NY Style - thin crust pizza is fine for me. I have yet to try any pan, or thick style pizza. I can eat about 1 and a half slices, no crust...

I'm like Kat, I don't diet. I stay around 1000 calories a day even while eating like a normal person. I have butter on my veggies, full calorie dressing on my salad. I'm not eating huge quantities of food so I like stuff to taste good. This is of course my own way of living and have no desire to change anyones mind about what course of action you should take.

I'm the same way, I don't eat diet.. I don't eat enough for it to matter. With the exception of junk food, which I do try to avoid. But if I'm getting a salad, I get normal dressing.. butters & garlic on veggies.

When I mention taking off the bun or tortilla wrap, it's not for low-carb purposes.. I just can't eat the bread, hurts too much.

Carrabas - Mezzaluna (I can eat like three)

Outback Steakhouse - Ribeye (about a third of it)

A Chinese Restaurant - General Tso with brocoli (about three chunks of chicken)

Applebees - never been there

macaroni Grill - Shrimp diablo with Pasta (about three shrimp with a few bites of the angel hair pasta)

Red Robin - Any of the burgers (I can eat about half with half of one of the buns)

Ruby Tuesday - Crabcakes

Wendy's - chili

McDonalds - fish burger with only one bun

Chick F La - small order of chicken nuggets

Panera's - Soup

Atlanta bread Company - never been there

Subway - tuna salad in a bowl

Can you Eat pizza? NY Style - thin crust pizza is fine for me. I have yet to try any pan, or thick style pizza. I can eat about 1 and a half slices, no crust...

I'm like Kat, I don't diet. I stay around 1000 calories a day even while eating like a normal person. I have butter on my veggies, full calorie dressing on my salad. I'm not eating huge quantities of food so I like stuff to taste good. This is of course my own way of living and have no desire to change anyones mind about what course of action you should take.

I do the exact same but it don't seem like my weight is leaving quick enough.

Carrabas---------Never heard of this one.

Outback Steakhouse------DH and I share a ribeye...I order just a salad, then we share one meal.

A Chinese Restaurant-----------DH and I share here too!!! We have lots of things we order...I just don't eat much of the rice...one small spoon with the entree. We like the Mongolian Beef, or a triple Mongolian with chicken, beef and shrimp. We like the Garlic chicken, Almond Chicken, we will often have an order of crab rangoon as an appetizer---one is my limit!

Applebees-------Yep we share!!! Lately if we meet for lunch we do one of the triple play appetizers and call it lunch---I also share with my granddaughter here. Or do a Soup and salad.< /strong>

macaroni Grill--------Have not been, we don't have one locally, and there are too many better options when out of town!

Red Robin--------Have not been.

Ruby Tuesday-------Salad bar.....or an appetizer plate that I can share, then I just eat off of DH's plate!!!

Wendy's-----Wendy's chili was one of my first real foods following banding, I still eat it!

McDonalds----I don't care for McD's, but with the granddaughter end up there on occasion. I usually get something cheap off of their $$ menu and ditch the bun, like the double cheeseburger---and I eat about 1/4 of the meat. Or the spicy chicken and eat about 1/2 the patty, no bread.< /strong>

Chick F La-----Chicken tenders go down anywhere---including here!

Panera's--------never heard of it.

Atlanta Bread Company-----never heard of it.

Subway----My favorite is the bacon, grilled chicken ranch one....I just have them leave it open, and toast it, but I don't usually eat the bread---I like the grilled chicken with everything though. I have also eaten their salad....and the tuna salad.

Can you Eat pizza? NY Style--------I can eat pizza---just not much of it, and I must eat it slowly. Thin crust I can do quite easily. Thicker pan crusts, I am more cautious with, and often cannot make it to the end---so the amount of crust is seriously diminished!!

As I said earlier, chicken tenders go down easily wherever----and not all of them are horrid!!! Some are nice chicken breast. I order off the childrens menu at Chilis and have them with loaded mashed potatoes or grilled veggies. It is still too much food.

Also the fish dinners at a lot of places goes down really easy! I love Red Lobster for the options available to me! But the fish is usually a good option!

The hardest places for me to find something to eat---are Italian restaurants, I ALWAYS share there, because I can only eat a small amount of Pasta. I just get full way fast with it!

Easiest is Mexican food---any of it, all of it goes down fine!

Eating out is not a big deal though, I have never went somewhere that I could not find something!

Kat

Thank you for helping find things to eat. can anyone drink orange juice

I drink OJ and it doesn't bother me. I've never tried it right after a fill so I don't know if the acid would bother me or not.

Carrabas -don't go there

Outback Steakhouse - sweet potatoes when in season

A Chinese Restaurant- the buffet, of course...but slime it up later

Applebees-Ribs..but slime it up later

macaroni Grill - don't go there

Red Robin- won't go there

Ruby Tuesday - don't go there

Wendy's- Ceasar salad, chili.

McDonalds- not a thing! Stuck or slime so I gave up on them

Chick F La - don't go there

Panera's-not

Atlanta bread Company-never heard of it

Subway- Yum and my favorite! Meatball sub or a Ham & cheese sub

Can you Eat pizza? NY Style Just had Pizza Hut buffet for lunch- slimed it up

Roses - if you're looking to drop weight quickly, then don't do as I do... The reason I am ok with my diet is because I am okay with being a slow loser. If you look around at some of the other members that are losing quickly, it's usually because they count calories or are doing low-carb or something similar...

And yes, I can drink OJ, no problem...

Grace it doesn't sound like you've had much luck dining out :) However that might be a good thing considering how successful you have been with the band! I haven't gotten my band yet and so I'm really curious about what I can and cannot eat, especially since I love bread so much right now...

...Does sliming it up mean vomiting??

Edited by Allison

No, sliming just means that you produce alot of saliva and you can't swallow it because whatever you just ate is stuck. So then your body produces alot of saliva in an effort to lubricate the food and to have it move through on down to your stomach. I've had that happen to me from time to time. It's usually with fluffly bread type stuff. pancakes are bad bad bad.

I drink OJ without issue. I have to be very careful eating an orange though--and only do it in the privacy of my own home, where I can spit out the parts that don't seem to chew easily!! Gross I know!

Chili's--they never say a word about me ordering off the kids menu--so I often will get chicken tenders, and grilled veggies, or loaded mashed potatoes---still is too much food so I take leftovers home. Or DH and I will share some fajitas---he eats the tortillas, I eat mine on a plate sprinkled with some cheese, and pico de gallo, and sour cream.....mmmmm! I also like their chicken salad--the one with the mandarin oranges, it is just sooooo huge, and does not take home well---so only order it if someone is sharing!

It sounds like I eat out all the time! But I am almost 2 years out--so have had a chance to try different places!

Kat