Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cost/Mexico question

I did not request deletion of the previous email. what i posted was an email sent to me a year ago that wasa sent me praising Dr. R. to prove how her opinion changes according to the facts she choses to make up. She cannot verify any of her allegations because they are false. just because she says they are true--doesn't make it so. I did look on OH--even what she says is there--Isn't!! she is making that up too. It truly makes me wonder now if all of what she says about other docs (other than hers) is false also--I would question anything she says because i know this to be false. as far as i'm concerned this discussion is over. If someone would like to contact me privately, i will reply individually, but i will not be open to the comments made by one person who considers herself the know it all

I did not request deletion of the previous email. what i posted was an email sent to me a year ago that wasa sent me praising Dr. R. to prove how her opinion changes according to the facts she choses to make up. She cannot verify any of her allegations because they are false. just because she says they are true--doesn't make it so. I did look on OH--even what she says is there--Isn't!! she is making that up too. It truly makes me wonder now if all of what she says about other docs (other than hers) is false also--I would question anything she says because i know this to be false. as far as i'm concerned this discussion is over. If someone would like to contact me privately, i will reply individually, but i will not be open to the comments made by one person who considers herself the know it all

For about the 12th time, I have told you time and time again that at one time I thought Dr. Arturo had a good rep. What I did not realize at the time is that I thought people were talking about Arturo when in fact they were referring to Jose Rodriguez.

He IS a nice man, a VERY nice man. He is very charismatic, he just isn't the greatest surgeon. Look, Mellis, it's not my fault he and Sanchez were making their own bands, it isn't my fault the bands eroded at a rate of 50%, it isn't my fault he had to remove so many, and it isn't my fault he kept placing them anyway. If you don't like what happened take it up with your boss. You keep claiming that I work for Aceves, truth is I tell the truth about all doctors with the information I have. It's convenient to throw around accusations when I have some facts about your boss. It does not make it true or accurate.

Look at the number of revisions your boss has on OH, between 300 and 400. THOSE ARE THE "MEXICAN" BANDS HE REMOVED.

Deal with it or don't, I'm tired of your sorry debates and inability to defend your boss. I am sick to death of AGREEING with you that YES at one time I thought he was a good surgeon. YES I told you he was a nice guy, I'm not sure how I can communicate to you that more information came to light after our conversation. Honestly, I don't know how to explain it to you in terms you can comprehend or accept. I have tried about a dozen times now.

Clearly you just don't want to lose business by the truth coming to light. You know what? Not my problem. I am not going to quit telling what I know about ANY surgeon because future banded folks have a right to know regardless of how that affects your paycheck. You can throw around any accusation you wish, it isn't going to change the facts one tiny bit.

I'm new to this whole thing and I'm feeling totally overwhelmed by it all. I want to have the lapband surgery, but my ins doesn't cover it. It's about 19,000 here, so I need a much cheaper alternative. my friend had her surgery in Mexico by Dr. Sanchez about 6 years ago, she lost a ton of weight and would have recommended him, but of course he is no longer with us.

I read that the lapband isn't safe and that i'll get an infection, not lose weight, the band will slip and I'll die OR that it will work great, i'll lose wieght and love it.

I read I should do the sleeve instead, its better, safer and more permanent but then it is more invasive, no alternative once it is done, can't be reversed, etc, and more expensive and new.

And what Dr. to go to, and where to have the surgery and what is the right cost and what should be included and where to get the fills after.

I desperately want to lose the weight and my boyfriend has agreed to pay the cost of the surgery so I just need help figuring out what is the cheapest package for the best kind of surgery with the least risk and who and where to go to.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!:cursing:

I'm new to this whole thing and I'm feeling totally overwhelmed by it all. I want to have the lapband surgery, but my ins doesn't cover it. It's about 19,000 here, so I need a much cheaper alternative. my friend had her surgery in Mexico by Dr. Sanchez about 6 years ago, she lost a ton of weight and would have recommended him, but of course he is no longer with us.

I read that the lapband isn't safe and that i'll get an infection, not lose weight, the band will slip and I'll die OR that it will work great, i'll lose wieght and love it.

I read I should do the sleeve instead, its better, safer and more permanent but then it is more invasive, no alternative once it is done, can't be reversed, etc, and more expensive and new.

And what Dr. to go to, and where to have the surgery and what is the right cost and what should be included and where to get the fills after.

I desperately want to lose the weight and my boyfriend has agreed to pay the cost of the surgery so I just need help figuring out what is the cheapest package for the best kind of surgery with the least risk and who and where to go to.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!:cursing:

It is a hard decision, no doubt there.

Nope, it's not reversible but for what reason do you want to reverse your surgery and regain?

Please don't mistake "least invasive" with safest. Long term the sleeve is safer than banding.

You'll only want to go to an FACS surgeon, meaning the American College of Surgeons has already verified his history and so he can't make bogus claims of education and training that he may not have. If a doctor in MX is a Fellow of the ACS then he has to meet the same standards as a US doc and you can bet his CV (resume) is correct and not blowing smoke. There is one doctor that has seriously inflated his stats, IOW, he claims to have done a huge number of bands and sleeves and in reality, it's all a lie. Again, another reason to use an FACS surgeon.

Weight loss is actually a bit better with a sleeve than a band but you can lose weight with either one.

Infections can happen. Even when everything is done right it can still happen. Sometimes stuff happens, other times poor sterile technique during fills causes in infection.

Cost... yep, the sleeve is more expensive but in the end it is probably cheaper when you figure in self pay for all the fills and complications. Besides, being sleeved is just easier than banding.

Hope that helps!

Edited by WASaBubbleButt