Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The downside of losing weight....

I have discovered that I LIKE to shop for clothes AND that there's lots and lots of pretty clothes that I can actually fit into now. Sucks for my back account and credit cards, let me tell you! And the shoes! Apparently, I've gone down at least a half size, maybe more. I can actually find heels and pretty sandals that I like and that I can wear. The only thing that's holding me back from going crazy in Macy's right now is that I'm not finished losing weight. I don't want to completely restock my wardrobe only to turn around and do it again.

I hear you Lauren. I've not been able to resist! I have a massive pile of now-too-big clothes that need to go to charity. And we're coming back into winter here and all my clothes from last winter are too big! Oh the tragedy lol!

Do you suppose there is some sort of foundation somewhere that hands out grants to folks who have lost a lot of weight so they can go out and get clothes? I'll be in line! I bet I've spent several thousand dollars just since November on clothes. But understand.... (here comes THE GREAT RATIONALIZATION)...I can spread this over 15 years because (1) I hadn't bought any clothes for that period of time, and (2) I have plantar fasciitis so bad for 6 years I could only wear 1 pair of shoes 24/7/365, and that was a pair of New Balance tennies with orthotics that I replaced once a year. So I think I am entitled........:mad2:

LOL.. i finally cleaned out my closet from 1/2 the stuff that are way too big for me... its like a part of me was in denial that i have lost that much weight...:mad2:

I went to buy myself so new scrubs for work and ended up buying size XL pants when the XL pants i have at home are to big and i clearly needed the Large... But i still cant grasp the concept that i fit into a size Large...:cool:

Now i just want to go buy a whole new wardrobe in a size Large but know i shouldn't because i still want to lose at least another 40-50lbs...:tt2:

Lauren, I have gone from 24 to size 16 and have spent roughly $2k on new clothes during the transition. I have probably given away about 8-10 big bags of clothes. It can be expensive.

All I do is laundry! I have only clothing enough to get me through ONE week, because I refuse to spend more than I need to, but I also refuse to wear clothing that is too big! I'm happy I don't work in an enviroment where I need to dress professionally. Whew. That would be costly!

I can't wait until I get to goal. I'm all about buying the $500 trench coat and pieces that will last years! I'm also looking to change jobs around that time too, so bring on the professional fashions! (I'm working on the MBA right now...)

All I do is laundry! I have only clothing enough to get me through ONE week, because I refuse to spend more than I need to, but I also refuse to wear clothing that is too big! I'm happy I don't work in an enviroment where I need to dress professionally. Whew. That would be costly!

I can't wait until I get to goal. I'm all about buying the $500 trench coat and pieces that will last years! I'm also looking to change jobs around that time too, so bring on the professional fashions! (I'm working on the MBA right now...)

Im pretty lucky my job uniform is scrubs... so its not to bad.. Gotta love the drawstrings!!!:thumbup:

I keep giving away my stuff as it gets too big on me. The only down side is I'm now running out of warmer type clothes to wear as most of my smaller stuff is summery because I was living in Florida the last time I weighed what I weigh today! I have summer stuff all the way down to size 13... I just wish the weather would change and give me a chance to wear some of those things!!!!!! I refuse to spend much on clothing and I am stopping myself from buying smaller sizes because I'm not sure what season I'll be wearing them in. LOL

One thing we do here is take our too big clothing to our monthly support group meeting to share with others in different stages of this journey. It's been really nice to help others out and also occasionally get some smaller clothes in return.