Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 5’2” around 204lbs

Not Banded Yet.

Healthy weight/BMI range: 101-136 lbs/18.5-24.9

Weight loss goal: 68 – 103 lbs

True Goal: 104 lbs / BMI 19%

I have a small frame so I want to be on the lower end of my range. I was 104 lbs when I was 15 and a size 6 (I'm hippy), I'd be happy at an 10 and estatic at size 8. I've had 2 kids so I figure that I won't get much smaller then 120 but my gol is going to be 104 so I keep pushing myself. I think if you are small frame go for the lower end, medium frame in the middle and large frame at the top of your scale. But in the end you should be happy with the junk in your trunk.

I'm 5'0; my personal goal is 120 which is 5 pounds less than the upper end range for my height.

My doc says that's too low and wants me to go for 130. phhhht - what do they know lol

However, I'm closing in on 140 and I'm starting to get pretty happy with how things are turning out. If I could chop off the excess tummy I would be ecstatic!!! Maybe the next 11 pounds will do that. Maybe doc was right after all. who knows.

I know that I will not look like a model; I already have loose skin on my thighs, upper arms and my booty (wasn't prepared for that one lol)

In a perfect world, I would have a Tummy Tuck and a breast lift and the rest could just stay as is. Even still - I feel like I look pretty good in my clothes and that is a huge accomplishment.

I want to still be curvy. I am wayyyy to busty to try and get to 105 pounds (lower end for my height). I would topple over! I need to balance that out just a bit :biggrin:

Either way, setting your goal is such a huge personal choice. We all have our ideas of what is perfect - Marilyn Monroe vs Angelina Jolie and all sizes inbetween.

Ok - done rambling - sorry for all that :thumbup:

wombat

I'd be a bit worried by a nutritionist that dim. You'll lose a fair bit of muscle weight in your journey too - not in a bad way, you can improve the ratio of fat to lean muscle at the same time but nobody loses just fat. You absolutely cannot work out your ideal weight that way.

McMadame, If you feel wonderful and healthy at 145lbs, that's great.

It would be nice to feel wonderful and healthy again. :wink2: But it will be irriating to know that some stupid chart will say I'm still overweight when I'm as healthy as a horse.

Just to be clear: I think it's great that you've gotten to be tiny person. You seem very happy and healthy. I, OTOH, think that running a marathon must be on the things they make you do when you get to one of those Circles of Hell. :wink2: I am more of a yoga, ice skating, ballroom dancing kind of gal and I look forward to being at a weight where I can start doing those things again without so much discomfort and lack of progress.

I'd be a bit worried by a nutritionist that dim. You'll lose a fair bit of muscle weight in your journey too - not in a bad way, you can improve the ratio of fat to lean muscle at the same time but nobody loses just fat. You absolutely cannot work out your ideal weight that way.

let me tell you about my nutritionalist. She said not to eat or drink anything for two hours before and two hours afterwards. That is twelve hours a day that Im not supposed to drink.

She also told me I should try to stay on liquids as long as possible after the two weeks because the liquid stage is where I will lose most of my weight. She also invited a student in with her and asked all the questions about my eating habits and I felt so uncomfortable.:wink2:

let me tell you about my nutritionalist. She said not to eat or drink anything for two hours before and two hours afterwards. That is twelve hours a day that Im not supposed to drink.

She also told me I should try to stay on liquids as long as possible after the two weeks because the liquid stage is where I will lose most of my weight. She also invited a student in with her and asked all the questions about my eating habits and I felt so uncomfortable.:embaressed_smile:

Uh yeah. I am with Jacqui. I would be very worried.

The two week post op liquid phase is for healing not losing weight. You will not lose most of your weight in two weeks. It's just not possible. I am not saying you won't lose weight, but don't expect to lose most of your weight in two weeks.

McMadame, I wasn't being snarky when I said that it's great. Honestly. The only person who has to be happy with your health and weight is you.

Mine actually went 30 pounds heavier than I want to be. I was told by a past doctor I should weigh between 160-170 pounds with 160 being on the scrawny end of things. My surgeon said aim for 200. I dunno. I'm 5'10" with large bones. I'm about the size of a smaller man. You don't sound so far off from me, three inches? So maybe 150 at the lightest?

Uh yeah. I am with Jacqui. I would be very worried.

Me too.

McMadame, I wasn't being snarky when I said that it's great. Honestly. The only person who has to be happy with your health and weight is you.

I didn't think you were. I thought maybe you were thinking I was getting down on you. :embaressed_smile:

Pandagirl, I'm 5ft 10 and 160lb right now and I promise, I'm not scrawny. I'm thinnish would be fair to say - shoulders, chest, back quite thin, bones showing in a good way - nice collarbones etc. Bum, thighs, still quite um, well upholstered, DEFINITELY more weight to lose there should I so desire. The lower end of the healthy weight range at this height is 138lb and 200lb is well and truly overweight! Its actually bordering on obese.

Much much healthier than weighing say 300lb and a great achievement of course!

On a general note, I just find it fascinating that people's perceptions will not allow them to contemplate what is truly average for a particular height. I dont mean that they MUST aim there, just that everyone seems to think that "normal" weight is horribly thin, something impossible to attain or maintain.

Edited by Jachut

Before I started all this I thought I was 5'7", but the docs say it is closer to 5'6". At that height my weight should be 115-160. That is a pretty wide spread. I weighed 160 in my 20s and wore a size 10-12 on the bottom. But I am built a little odd. I build muscle very easily (at 160 I looked like a sprinter, all big butt and thights, but solid and no fat). My goal is to get to a BMI of 35 and then try to get pregnant. After that (fingers crossed) I will worry about getting in the range of 150-180.