Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please post an ordinary day or two of food

OK Crazy Eights Biggest Losers - I have a favor to ask of you. Would you post an ordinary day or two of food you eat? Since I finally have good restriction and now I am exercising regularly I want to make sure I am on target with the food aspect as well.

Thanks!

So before attempting to go to maintenance I ate about 1000 calories per day. I ate at 6:30, 10:30, 2:30 and 6:30 only. Nothing in between except Water

Breakfast : Dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt (60 cal) and 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Cereal (70 cal) OR

Sausage and egg Lean pocket (140 cal)OR

Egg Patty (get them at walmart) (60 cal) and Jimmy Dean turkey sausage (~130)

lunch (10:30): Ground chicken meatloaf with low carb ketchup OR

S&W Pinto Beans in Chipotle chili sauce (90 cal), lettuce, 1 taco shell (50 cal) and salsa OR

Crustless pizza (~200 cal)

snack (2:30) Pure Protein Bar (190 cal) OR 100 calorie popcorn OR both!

dinner (6:30) I usually eat anything for dinner as long as it is made with chicken and veggies.

*spaghetti with very few noodles

*noodle less lasagne

*tuna casserole with white Beans instead of noodles

*crab cakes

*stir fry

*fish and veggies

*chili

I am an Atkins girl so carbs to me are a no-no. Still learning that they aren't all bad, but they still scare me! I eat a lot of the same thing and now I am trying to figure out how to eat to get enough calories (doc wants me at 1500) and not turn back to crap foods. I eat a lot of tomatoes! If you want any recipes let me know, I can do my best to send them to you.

Thanks so much Salsa. You got me started on the Lean Pockets awhile ago and they saved me big time in the morning. After my second adjustment I can no longer eat them. They get stuck. My teenagers love them which is a good thing! I am eating too many carbs again. I am definitely not over eating (first time I have said that in 20 years!!!:rolleyes:). I need to watch my choices more carefully.

I'm usually in the 900-1000 calorie range.

10am B: oatmeal w/ PB2 or 1 cup Special K w/ 1% milk

1pm L: salad w/ Chic/Cheese/Egg (some type of protein) or 1/2 WW wheat pita w/ chic salad or tuna & fruit.< /p>

4pm S: cottage cheese or fruit or yogurt or 100 calorie pack

7pm D: Some combo of meat & veggie

Thanks so much Salsa. You got me started on the Lean Pockets awhile ago and they saved me big time in the morning. After my second adjustment I can no longer eat them. They get stuck. My teenagers love them which is a good thing! I am eating too many carbs again. I am definitely not over eating (first time I have said that in 20 years!!!:rolleyes:). I need to watch my choices more carefully.

Yeah I can't eat them any more either. But then again right now I can't eat much. This fill is so tight that I can't get anything but liquids down before about 7pm. Not happy AT ALL! I am going to have to go back in during spring break and get part of the fill taken out. food choices are a huge part of this and one of the major things that I contribute to my success. With the exception of Breakfast I eat very dense Proteins with very little of anything else. Keep up the good work. You are getting there. Maybe you won't suffer from the major droopy skin that I have!!!

Yeah I can't eat them any more either. But then again right now I can't eat much. This fill is so tight that I can't get anything but liquids down before about 7pm. Not happy AT ALL! I am going to have to go back in during spring break and get part of the fill taken out. food choices are a huge part of this and one of the major things that I contribute to my success. With the exception of breakfast I eat very dense Proteins with very little of anything else. Keep up the good work. You are getting there. Maybe you won't suffer from the major droopy skin that I have!!!

LOL! I already have that droopy skin! It gets droopier and droopier each week. Mine is much worse than yours would ever be! I do have to make better choices.

I start my day with coffee and then a chocolate Slim Fast Low Carb/High Protein shake. Yes, every single weekday. I tend to be tight in the mornings and I like that I can carry it around sipping on it while I get makeup on, etc. Best part - 20 grams of Protein to start my day and no prep required.

lunch would be about a cup of chicken or tuna salad and a couple of crackers or a few baked chips. Some days I'll have a salad and Soup or a frozen Lean Cuisine type meal. Somedays lunch is just leftovers from the previous nights dinner. Never sandwiches because I just can't do that much bread.< /p>

dinner is almost always about 3-4 ounces of lean meat, fish, or poultry, a green vegetable or salad and a very small (1/4 cup) serving of Pasta, rice, or potatoes. I like to cook so, its just whatever I'm fixing - just not very much of anything, especially the carbs. I do cook with sauces, etc. and try to keep my evening meal interesting and very satisfying to my taste buds. Might have a glass of wine or two a couple of nights a week.

I also have a Starbucks habit. I'm ashamed, but I admit that at least three times a week I have a Venti Nonfat Latte around 2pm. I do need the calcium!

If I want a snack it is usually just head hunger in the evenings. If I go ahead and give in to it (I often do), I usually have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn or a 100 calorie Weight Watchers English Toffee Ice Cream Bar.

Jody, you're really working hard and just think, you're going to be at your goal weight this year! So exciting!

LOL! I already have that droopy skin! It gets droopier and droopier each week. Mine is much worse than yours would ever be! I do have to make better choices.

Have you seen my skin?!?!? My belly pictures are posted for everyone to see on the plastic surgery thread. Someone asked me if I was going to take those down so that my belly isn't flashed all over the internet...Nope. It is good therapy for me to see.. Guarantees I won't fill it back in again to gain the weight back.

Salsa,

Be proud of that skin!! You can tell you are a young lady also:lol:! Your skin is not wrinkled like mine! You worked hard to get where you are. You are so successful because of your realistic attitude. I say "Way to Go"!!!:mad2::thumbup:

I start my day with coffee and then a chocolate Slim Fast Low Carb/High Protein shake. Yes, every single weekday. I tend to be tight in the mornings and I like that I can carry it around sipping on it while I get makeup on, etc. Best part - 20 grams of Protein to start my day and no prep required.

lunch would be about a cup of chicken or tuna salad and a couple of crackers or a few baked chips. Some days I'll have a salad and Soup or a frozen Lean Cuisine type meal. Somedays lunch is just leftovers from the previous nights dinner. Never sandwiches because I just can't do that much bread.< /p>

dinner is almost always about 3-4 ounces of lean meat, fish, or poultry, a green vegetable or salad and a very small (1/4 cup) serving of Pasta, rice, or potatoes. I like to cook so, its just whatever I'm fixing - just not very much of anything, especially the carbs. I do cook with sauces, etc. and try to keep my evening meal interesting and very satisfying to my taste buds. Might have a glass of wine or two a couple of nights a week.

I also have a Starbucks habit. I'm ashamed, but I admit that at least three times a week I have a Venti Nonfat Latte around 2pm. I do need the calcium!

If I want a snack it is usually just head hunger in the evenings. If I go ahead and give in to it (I often do), I usually have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn or a 100 calorie Weight Watchers English Toffee Ice Cream Bar.

Jody, you're really working hard and just think, you're going to be at your goal weight this year! So exciting!

Thanks Becky! I sure hope so. I too am very tight in the morning. Funny enough I can't eat that much for dinner because I am so restricted. I absolutely am with you on the wine. I am a Pinot Grigio lover!! Need to watch that too! I have been leaning towards carbs because they go down easy. What do you think of the Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks?

Hi all......

Everyday I include the following throughout the day:

-Chai Latte (Non Fat)--if I have it in the morning, I include vanilla Protein powder. But, I too have a Starbuck's habit.....I have at least 4 Vente Non-fat Chai Latte's a week from there

-2 Kellogg's Special K Iced Tea Protein Water Mix (mix it in my water)--sip throughout the day (adds 10 grams of protein)

-2 Yoplait Plus Yogurts

Here's todays menu

Breakfast:

2 Oz of 50% Reduced Fat Cabot cheese

Fuze Slenderize fruit juice

Snack:

Yoplait Yogurt

10 almonds

Lunch:

Scoop of tuna salad

FF Jello chocolate pudding

Snack:

South Beach High Protein Cereal bar

Dinner:

Tossed salad with Salmon & Feta

Snack:

Yoplait yogurt

I do try to vary my menus so I can't give an exact day-to-day menu. But, I try to get in "normal" foods that my family is eating.

Judi