Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cant believe it just ate like a pig

I had my band place about 14 days ago. No pain at all. In fact, I dont even feel it. Im never hungery either. Then I went to a party at my sisters house and ate like a pig, even though I wasnt hungry!

I had a small snow crab leg, a tablespoon of mash potatoes, about 3 tablespoons of ice cream, a 2 inch square of french bread with 1/2 inch of cheese.

It was all like a dream. When I got home I sat there in total disbelief. I definately cant trust myself in those situations. I feel soooooo guilty. Now Im worried that I may have caused a slip. I didnt feel anything at all. I dont even physically feel like I have a band or like I've had surgery. Its amazing. I feel nothing at all. My doc said I could have thick cream Soups by now, should I got back to Clear Liquids?

Yikes

TOF

I wouldn't worry about it. If something has happened there is nothing you can do about it now. I *cheated* too.. I had a couple bites of salad and 2 small bites of chicken.. I worried as soon I did it but I chewed really well and think I'm fine. I know the post op diet is really important.. but I think if *cheating* would kill us.. the docs would stress it more. I didn't even get a pep talk about it.

Best thing to do now is not to do it again and go back to what you're supposed to be eating. If your doc asks though be honest even if he might get mad because if something could have happened, you being honest will help them to find out.

Good luck!

I had a small snow crab leg, a tablespoon of mash potatoes, about 3 tablespoons of ice cream, a 2 inch square of french bread with 1/2 inch of cheese.

It was all like a dream. When I got home I sat there in total disbelief. I definately cant trust myself in those situations. I feel soooooo guilty.

TOF

COmpare this amount to what you would have eaten in the past -- now do you really feel that guilty?

It really don't seem like you ate alot of food. some of the foods were bad choices. Your first six weeks with the band is the time your body needs to adjust to this new foriegn object. The post op diet is so that your body can adjust without complications. You have to be careful, because you can cause yourself to vomit, which could lead to band slippage. The most important thing is getting back on track.

You are fine. Truthfully from your list I think you did pretty well considering. Just go back on your post op diet today. Slips are very rare, you are okay.

Your fine, don't beat yourself up. This is a process and not a miracle. We're human with a need to realize that we will make mistakes. I always said to my kids growing up its not the mistake you make its how you manage the mistake that counts. Now move on and you'll be more aware with your next party...

sharon:)

Thanks all. I do feel a little better. It wouldn't bother me as much if I had eaten something high in calories, like ice cream. What bothers me is that I ate solids that could cause a slip, specially when Im a self pay and don't have enough to get a repair. I kept thinking, "what a jackass, you might have lost $10k of work over $2 worth of bread." Well nothing I can do now, other than to get back on track...and boy have.

The experience was unreal. Now that I think back on it, the whole thing seem so frantic. It was like being on auto pilot. I wasn't focus on anything other than my plate....so gross. I guess I know how I got here...lol

Thanks again,

TOF