Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everybody, I'm a newbie

I started about a year and a half ago, trying to get weight loss surgery. I was going to do the gastric bypass. My insurance company required 6 months of classes and LOTS of tests. So, I plugged away at it. I had a stress test, EKG, sleep study, psych eval, breathing test and more. The last test was a mammogram, then I would have completed all of my requirements.

Unfortunately, they found stage 3 breast cancer. I wasn't shocked, my Mom and my Sister both had it. So, I had to give up my weight loss dream and focus on fighting cancer. I had a mastectomy, 8 months of chemo and 33 radiation treatments. My prognosis isn't great, I had 7 positive lymph nodes.

Strange as it seems, in order to do the reconstruction on my breast, they need to use the abdominal area for tissue and muscle. But, they have to shrink my abdomen to do it! So, I'm back to weight loss surgery! God works in mysterious ways!

My husband and I moved from California to NH in the middle of my treatment. I stayed with Blue Shield on COBRA. But, found out I had to start all over on the requirements. Thankfully, there were far fewer. I have finally finished all of that, and was given a surgery date of 4/21. I haven't gotten insurance approval yet. Hopefully there won't be any problems.

I am looking forward to losing weight and looking & feeling "normal" again. I hope that I will get some time to enjoy it. I'm going to be a Grandmother in May. I'm so excited.

:o

God Bless you, and your struggles. May you be successful and healthy after all of this. This is a great place to find support and others with some similar issues too. My prayers are with you and your family. Good luck and great health to you.

Goodness, you certainly have gone through a lot. I wish you success with the band and good health. Our thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Thanks Kimberly and Susan, I appreciate your support!

Wow, you've been through a lot!! You're courage is an inspiration to me. I wish you nothing but the best, you will be in my prayers.

Keep fighting the good fight!! You can beat this!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches