Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from New Hampshire:

This is only my second post but this forum has been super helpful. Been at this lapband game now for eight months & finally have gotten dates for dietician and surgeon. Man has it taken forever, a great education though. At least I`ve got agood start at losing, 35 lbs. so far. Hoping for a surgery date early April. I know pre surgery the liquid diet doesnt sound like but I`ve got some experiance with this. I broke my jaw when 16 years old & had my jaw wired for 10 wks. Lost 42 pounds though.

Hi and welcome to LBT! Wow, a friend of mine also once broke her jaw and had it wired for several months. She said it was miserable. If you can handle that, you should breeze through the liquid diet without any problems!

Let us know when you get your surgery date and if you have any questions, just ask.

Hi Grumpy!

I'm from New Hampshire too! I live in Meredith!

Dr. Gould in Manchester is doing my surgery. My surgery date is April 21st. I can't believe I'm actually referring to my "surger date"! I've been working toward that for a year!

Where in NH are you?

I also am seeing Dr. Gould for my surgery. Will be meeting with him on the 26 of this month. How long after does he schedule surgery? Prob. saw you in one of the info meetings since I`ve been there since Aug. He seems like a pretty dry Dr. hope I`m mistaken , don`t need another pain in the butt. Good luck..

Hi Grumpy,

I have met with the Dietician, she was nice but it took a long time. Dr. Gould looks kind of dry, but he is actually very nice and very easy to talk to. I really liked him.

They called me to schedule my surgery a couple of days after seeing Dr. Gould. The surgery was scheduled for 6 weeks later. Kind of a a long wait. I am still waiting for approval from the insurance company. Hopefully they will call me next week about that.

You are doing really well on the weight loss! I was, but after seeing Dr. Gould, I really lost control. It's kind of like I am saying goodbye to food and eating like crazy, all the things I shouldn't be eating.

I need to get back on track!

Karin

I live in New Ipswich which is in the southern part of the state close to the Mass. border. Hopefully you will over come the eating without jeapordizing that ten pound loss we have to maintian. I`ve been going to the meetings since August & worked with Susan for insurance approval. My insurance is good so lets go already. I `m hoping for early April. Six more weeks will be intolorable. I`l just have to try & be patient.

Hi!

I am in New Hampshire too! I live on the Seacoast and will be having surgery in Portsmouth. I am just starting the process and am already a bit tired of waiting! It took over a month just to get an appointment with the nurse for my first consultation. I guess she will then send me for labs, set up dietitian, physical therapist, and psychologist appointments. Geez, this is going to take FOREVER!!

Best of luck to you!

I`ve learned you just have to be patient, like a fine wine it will take time. Just met with the surgery nurse, next hoop to jump thru is my surgeon. She told me he`s booking out 2-4 weeks. I asked her if I slip him some bucks would he put me on the fast track. She did`nt think he`d get a chuckle out of it. The good thing is I lost another pound. If 37 pounds pre-op is`nt dedication I don`t know what is. Keep your chin up & keep working you too wil get there.

That's pretty funny! What nurse did you get? Clair? I love her, she's got a great personality and a sense of humor. That always puts me at ease.

You sure have lost alot of weight! I have been losing ground of that front. I think it's psychological. I'm on the home stretch so I'm going for every food imaginable that I love. But, I figure that the liquid diet will take it right off. Two weeks till I start that.

They called me day before yesterday and changed my surgery date from April 21st to the 14th! That's the first time they have moved me up rather than back when they have had to change one of my appointments. I like that! :wink2:

Yes I too saw Claire, she`s very sweet. I would be phsyced if anything of mine got moved up. I`ve been comparing protien powders lately trying to find something tollerable.Found a company called "all the whey" has good prodt. at a reasonable price, going to try a sample. I`ve been lucky with the weight thing my wife has been very supportive, drinking lots of Water has helped. I make an honest effort to drink at least 80 ozes a day.When I get hungry I have a sip, it occupies my mind & stomach. The only prob is can`t drink unflavored water, just about gag. I drink Aquafina alive. I find it really helps me from being hungry. The only prob. I gotta pee couple times an hour. Keep your chin up you`ll be fine.