Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved!! But, I need help making a decision. Please!!!!

Hi everyone. I've been following all of you through your TT surgeries. What an inspiration!! Now I need some advice. After watching LBT-Cosmetic Surgery, I know this is the place to go for help and answers. I feel like I know you all.

So, here goes. I was approved for a panniculectomy last week. I went to see my PS yesterday. She said that her fees would still be $7,400 for a full Tummy Tuck, $9,400 for it to go around a bit in the back, so as not to have 'dog ears', and $11,900 to have the whole 180 degree lower body lift. On top of that, I would have to pay for part of the surgical room costs (she would be starting/stopping a clock during surgery). I have no idea how much that might be, but would figure at least $1,000-$2,000. I thought insurance should pay for more. She said that if I only have the front done, she could do it in her surgical suite (with local), and I could go home the same day. The insurance is paying 100% of the hospital stay, and I don't want to be awake. It seems like most of you paid about this for your surgeries----self pay---no insurance. I live in Western Washington. My surgery date is set for April the 18th, but she said that she could get me in much quicker, like in the next two weeks. They are calling today with some dates. What should I do? Oh yeah, I'm 5'4" tall and weigh 115-116lbs. I've lost 85 lbs in the last 2 years. I was banded on 3/30/06,(self paid banding). I need advice, please.

I think it depends on your life style and age. If you're my age I would say just get the tt. If you are young and want to wear a bikini, get it all.

Sharon, Thank you for your reply. I'm wondering about the cost. Should it be so much to upgrade from a panniculectomy to a TT? By the way, I'm 56 years old and don't want a model's body, but I would like my tummy area flatter. A panniculectomy doesn't do the muscles. After 2 c-sections, gallbladder, hysterectomy, etc. I think I need muscle repair. It just seems that the quote from my PS is the same as those without insurance. I know that I will pay what I have to in the end. I want to make sure I'm getting a 'fair' deal.

I also live in Western WA (SW actually) and I think I'd get another opinion or two if I were you. Either from this area (Portland maybe? Or are you closer to Seattle?) Seems kind of high compared to what others have paid.

Best of luck!

I think those prices are outrageous! I would get another opinion. Without any insurance a full tt at a very fancy facility here is only 10k and that includes everything. My dr said once we got the ins. approvel for the Panny then we'd work out the rest of the details, thankfully ins. is covering the full tt.

Hi there, did you check into with all those past surgery's you might have a hernia that the insurance will pay to have repaired? Most of us do that have gone through childbirth, C-sections, etc.. Check that out before the out of pocket expense.

Good Luck !