Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so new to this.....

I am going thru the process waiting to get my approval and to get the date for my procedure. I should be sleeping now but i can't help it i am so nervous. I have lost weight before like everyone elso but keeping it off is the problem. I workout now and I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but I can live without it. I want to know is the pre-op shake thing for everyone or is it if your BMI is over a certain thing? I'm sure the smaller the liver the better everything goes. Also does the amount of tummy fat have to do with the pain factor also? Where the port is once you start to loose weight can you see it poking out? Does it bother you yet? What can't you eat, I know everyone is diffrent but just general ideas, also how can your band slip or should i say why would it slip? Any thing would be helpful....:)

Congrats on making the decision to be banded. From what I understand the pre - op diet varies from Dr to Dr. I had a two week liquid diet. Some have two meals liquid and one small light meal. It is up to your Dr. I dont know if the amount of tummy fat makes a difference on pain. sorry. As far as the port goes, I am just now losing and I can not see it. If I lay back and tighten my tummy muscles I can feel it. It did take a few weeks for the port pain to go away FOR ME. Like I said I am still pretty new also, banded Jan 3rd, but I dont think bread, Pasta and rice get along with the band. I have not tried any of these yet. EVERYONE is different like you said. what one person can eat, the next one might not be able to. I am still learning myself.

good luck to you.

lois

the reason i ask about the food part is because a guy that i work with said that he got the band a few weeks ago and this dude hasent had one shake...and he is eating regular foods... and from everything that i have read and saw you have to change your eating because things will get stuck. I honestly don't believe that he had anything done i think he likes the attention but from what u have gone thru after getting the band can you eat like 2-3 cups of hambuger helper? Cause that's what he had for lunch the other day. And I'm like if I can eat like that would it be worth it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches