Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help almost out of soup

I am on the pre-op diet (surgery next Thursday the 20th) I am on Optifast and have been doing 2 Soups a day and 4 shakes. I just realized I am almost out of Soup and can hardly stomach the shakes. (not much of a sweet person and they are so sweet and expensive. Are there any other Soups available that I can substitute with?

:smile2:

Progresso has very low cal Soups. I don't know how much protien they have.

Why don't you write down the cal, fat, carbs and protien in your Optifast Soup and try to find something at the supermarket that is as close as possible.

I did A LOT of egg drop Soup & hot / sour while at this stage....Wonton too - if that's an option, and something you like...good luck!!!

My sushi restaurant LOVES me now I'm banded - I'm there more :)

Where in TX are you? I have a lot of Medifast Soups left (and shakes too, although I think, like you, they're too sweet and just yucky). They're sitting in my kitchen gathering dust. Was going to Ebay them but they're yours if you want them. I'd have to look at the box again to check the flavors. Send me a PM or holler at me on yahoo (fierymomof2) if you want.

I love all of those and sushi but I didn't know with the preop if they had too much sodium or calories ect. When did you start eating those..before? right after? or after healing?

I have never had Optifast, but can't you just get more if running out is an issue?

I love all of those and sushi but I didn't know with the preop if they had too much sodium or calories ect. When did you start eating those..before? right after? or after healing?

Sorry - didn't realize you were pre-op, mis-took you for the post op liquid stage. Egg drop Soup has a lot of Protein & was on my list of suitable liquids the first wk out. I had it every other day for about 2wks straight. All Soups in general are high in sodium (unless you by a lower % kind). As for sushi, when I was OK'd to go to solids by wk4, is when I had my first sushi meal - and eat it wkly.....Good Luck!!!

Yeah, I have an idea for you.. why not just eat a piece of grilled chicken or fish with some veggies. I promise you, it won't make your liver get large and slippery.... I hate to be rude, but I'm sick of these doctors making their patients do this stupid liquid diet before banding when you don't need to! Just don't eat any carbs or sugars and you'll be fine. Its sad that doctors force their patients to starve. I lost 13 pounds in 9 days doing this. And, I always felt full and satisfied. And before people start saying "she needs to do what her doctor tells her to do".. don't bother. This is just my opinion and my doctor's opinion and several other doctor's opinions.... She can do what she wants to do in the end.