Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just spoke to my endo and she is going to check into the Byetta Lap band thing to see if I should continue etc...

I have never had diarrea but I use extended release Formet (ER) instead of metformin?? I wonder if that is why..

I know we all are different, on of my friends can't have any tomatoe based foods or sauces with it....not me..

As for the one hour before, I was told to eat within the hour...so inject and eat...not wait an hour...hmm...

As I said before, it does tend to wear off a bit in terms of the not craving or wanting food thing..yet I still have control between meals...I just need to control portions which is easy not too...hence, The Band!!

I'll let you know what my doc finds out from Byetta and any studies

Be well

My doc knows that I am having the band and he didn't say anything about not taking byetta. It is the metformin that gives me the diahrrea, not the byetta. It is supposed to diminish (the diahrrea), but I am still waiting for that to happen.

Since the Formet is time-released, you will not be able to crush it after you have the band. You should talk to your doc about that....

Good to know that you were told to inject and then eat...that is pretty much what I end up doing.....when I remember.

Maybe getting a good night sleep with the CPAP will give me some of my memory back :huh2:

My doc knows that I am having the band and he didn't say anything about not taking byetta. It is the metformin that gives me the diahrrea, not the byetta. It is supposed to diminish (the diahrrea), but I am still waiting for that to happen.

Since the Formet is time-released, you will not be able to crush it after you have the band. You should talk to your doc about that....

Good to know that you were told to inject and then eat...that is pretty much what I end up doing.....when I remember.

Maybe getting a good night sleep with the CPAP will give me some of my memory back :lol:

Metformin gives you the runs when you take it alone. You should take it after a meal. I am having a hard time now and running to the poopy room often because due to the lap band I am not eating very much to begin with so the Met is kicking my booty! I considered taking the byetta myself but figured why push it so damn much especially now that I have the band. I love FOOD! I am currently winging myself off of my lantus and humalog insulins.

Best of luck to you!:biggrin:

allamess,...hopefully soon you will get off all of it with the band....good luck to you too.

bandfan1...How was the Cpap night???

I have been on Byetta for a year now, but not yet banded. I take it with Metformin and Amaryl. I never lost a pound. Granted, I haven't gained anything, but I haven't lost a pound.

I kept the device on all night and boy do I feel a difference today!!! Wow, I am so excited that I will have more energy. Everything is moving in the right direction for me.

My pre-op visit is today, so this will really make it sink in!!!

I CAN'T WAIT for the new me!!!!!

:Dancing_wub::lol::thumbup::lol::thumbup::lol::drool:

OK...I'm jealous...I kept mine on for about 4 hours...I was asleep though...then I woke up and felt all hot plus I had post nasal going on and had to cough!!!

Gold starts for you BANDFAN!

Metformin gave me serious diarrhea. When I complained to my PCP, she switched me to Byetta (10mcg, twice/day). After I'm banded, the surgeon is switching me to insulin -- which I've never taken.

The concern with staying on Byetta is that my blood glucose levels could drop too low. I'm usually in the 90s after a carbolicious meal.

Wow! The Byetta does not seem to affect me that way...I did forget to shoot it last night before dinner...we went out...and this AM my sugar was 122! usually lately it has been like 107 ish....I can not believe that with all the dietary changes, my 25lb weight loss, exercise routine, and Formet ER 1500mg....that my sugar is STILL so high...I was always under 100 about 5 years ago at a higher weight than now???

I guess that is why I need to be banded...my doc has not decided what to do about my Byetta after the surgery...I think I should stay on it until my sweet spot and until my sugar drops???