Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill question

This question is so lame. For those who you who have their fills under Fluoro and have to swallow the Barium, what does it taste like, it sounds so bad. Hard to get down? I gag really easy and if it is gross, I think I need to start preparing myself so I don't heave in front of my doctor :drool:

Its really not that bad. They do have different flavors so if you dont like the one they give you...ask to try another. Its kinda chalky but it is not that bad really.

It isn't bad AT ALL! The kind I get is pretty smooth and doesn't taste like much at all...

It's kind of like swallowing Mylanta or any chalky liquid. My husband gags easily and he doesn't like it, but hasn't had any major problems.

Don't worry. This is nothing to stress out over. For lap band they usually Water it down even more than if you were having like an upper GI. It is not bad at all. Good luck.

After 2 years post surgery ( from 18W to a size 4) I lost 120 lbs. then last year got pregnant; start pregnancy weight was 137...ballooned up to 207 upon delivery and now 6 months later post pregnancy-and one fill ( was completely deflated during pregnancy) I have gone down to 167 lbs...I vomit 6-8 times per week:thumbdown:, and can not tolerate much of anything...Looks like band slipage maybe to blame...Having a miserable time trying to eat, I mostly don't eat...but I desperately want to get back to a size 6 ...Any good sugestions?

Ok, when I had mine done under fluro I did not have to drink barium....whats up....why is mine so different????

have you talked to your doctor? My doctor told me you should never throw up with the band unless of course if you overeat, but you said you hardly eat. I would def. call the doctor..band slippage is serious I think.

I swallowed some barium today at my fill appt (chalky, but drink it fast like a shot). The reason I had to do it was because I was not sure if I needed a fill or a slight unfill. I felt like I was seeking food and hungry, but it was still difficult for me to eat meat and I would vomit about twice a week sometimes 3 x's. We discovered I was avoiding meat b/c it was hard to go down and was turning to soft stuff. Seems crazy that I didn't realize this right off. The x-ray revealed I was tight...tight...tight...and needed a slight unfill so we took out .2cc's....I was able to eat a half piece of baked cod today without issue. What a relief!

BTW, I was vomiting because I was eating too fast and I was way too tight.