Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LET'S MOVE! Fabulous 50's Exercise Spot

:drool: Hey Everyone! :teeth_smile:

Let's see if we can help each other with our exercise goals!

Use this thread to ask questions, post progress, list goals,

log achievements...anything related to exercise

in our fabulous 50's!

We know it takes extra effort, different strokes,

and special determination...so what are you doing to improve your health as you lose weight?

I'll start us off :teeth_smile:

I exercise 5X's a week (M-F), in the mornings at Lifetime Fitness. I am addicted to my gym, just love it! I do cardio 5 days a week, 3 of those days I do interval training on the treadmill or elliptical. I do strength training/core & weights 2-3 days a week. I workout 1 - 1.30 hours each time...more to come...what do y'all do???

For the past 10 years I've been ice skating. I really loved it for along time but the past year I've just been going through the motions so I stopped. Now I need a new activity.

I actually like to work out but I never have time to go to the gym -- even though we have one at work!

I also am thinking about taking up ballroom dancing, but I don't really want to start when I'm so overweight. There are always more girls than guys and the guys all want to dance with the skinny chicks. :drool:

I'm trying to get motivated to do SOMETHING because I miss having some activity in my life.

MacMadame, ice skating! Haven't done that since I was a teen! I bet that really would help core balance, something I try to work on daily. Unbalanced would describe me...in more ways than one! LOL

You are blessed to have a gym at work. Could you use it during lunch hour? I have often thought of adding some more walking during the day at work, since it's at a funeral home, and the cemetery surrounds us. Nice, quiet paths.

Dance with the girls! Might be more fun anyway! Coordination is not my strong suit, bet dancing is good for that. Dancing would be a great exercise...enjoyable and might not feel like exercise, but still moving!

You can do this! Do you have a dog you can walk with? Exercise videos? Try one of those big stability balls...they're way too much fun! Any activity helps mentally for me...much improves my outlook, sleep patterns and general well-being.

Sorry...starting to sound like a fanatic here. Better get to the gym to burn off this energy. Let us know how you decide to add activity to your plan!

Had a good workout this morning...was weights and core training day. Am really trying to concentrate on my upper body (be gone, back boobs!) and abs...

So, was on the stability ball doing my crunches. Did 50, felt ok. Then, I did something I've NEVER done..100 more crunches, twisted side to side (obliques)!! Can't believe I did that! We'll see how sore I am tomorrow!

MacMadame, ice skating! Haven't done that since I was a teen! I bet that really would help core balance, something I try to work on daily.

It's good for flexibility too. I kind of miss it but only in an abstract way. Finding I wasn't enjoying it more is part of why I realized I needed to DO SOMETHING about my weight.

You can do this! Do you have a dog you can walk with? Exercise videos? Try one of those big stability balls...they're way too much fun! Any activity helps mentally for me...

Well I walked up 5 flights of stairs today. Does that count? :)

Well I walked up 5 flights of stairs today. Does that count? :thumbup:

Absolutely! I hate stairs (fell a few years back and quite nearly took my arm off). Now my knees bark a bit while climbing...but I know it's a great way to keep your legs in shape.

I rarely even go upstairs in our home, and my daughter's apartment is on the third floor. Always seems like if I do climb stairs, I am also lugging/carrying something heavy!

Well, I went to put the stairs exercise into my Daily Plate and it asked me how many minutes I had climbed stairs. I felt silly putting in 1 minute but I'll be damned if I was going to leave it out. I huffed and puffed up those freaking stairs and I want my credit! :thumbup:

You bet you're gonna log those stairs! In two months, it'll be 20 minutes, then there's no stopping you!

This weekend no gym for me. Heading to the lake, some Harley riding, and yard work - turning over beds and mulching. Fill scheduled at 8am Monday, we'll see where this goes!

You bet you're gonna log those stairs!

I felt dumb but I put in 2 min. 1 min to go down them in the morning and 1 min. to go up them at the end of the day. :o

I haven't done anything since though. :) I think I will make a pledge to pack a gym back tomorrow to take to work. I've said I'm going to do it every week and every week I never get around to it!

Anyone exercising?

Confession time, I missed the gym this morning (had to go in for a fill, rest of day spent playing Monday catch-up). I feel so guilty, will be there tomorrow!

I worked out with my trainer for an hour then did 45 minutes of cardio. I am a witch if I don't go to the gym!

Denise, that's a hard workout! I missed mine today...stayed at the lakehouse for Easter..well stayed over to clean up! Did do lots of yardwork and landscaping though. Will hit the elliptical in the morning!

Cindi - I wish some of your exercise enthusiasm would rub off. I just hate it. I do enjoy walking and have started up with the bicycle. My goal is to walk at least 4x a week. Yesterday biked for only 1.5 miles (have to work up to this) and then walked for 2 miles later in the evening. Today was my birthday and ate a small piece of cake and then went for a 1.5 mile walk. I've even managed to get 2 of my teenagers involved with the walking and bike riding, we're turning it into quite the family affair. Also, we have a Wii on order and if I can find a Wii Fit I'm going to push the whole family into it.

I want to exercise and I get all excited with good intentions, but I have a 2 year in my house that keeps me running and can never find the time for me. :confused: I want to join your pack to do it everyday, but need any suggestions you can offer to be able to fit it into my daily schedule.