Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov. Nymphs "Spring into Weight Loss" Challenge Week #5

Well this little NN piggy is too scared to weigh herself. I lost 4 lbs on this challenge and something clicked and I've gone back to eating lots of rubbish so not sure if I've put any back on. Talk about self sabotage. I'm still exercising but I am able to eat normal amounts of food. I'm going for another fill on Wednesday and not sure if I should go crazy and ask for 1cc which will bring me up to 8cc in a 10cc band. Your thoughts would be much appreciated. :):o

I go on Thurs and have been struggling with this question, too. I had planned to have them put .5cc at the last fill, but then was full on one meal the night before the fill, so I had them back it down to about .25cc and of course that ended up to not be enough.

Let me know what you end up with. I'm leaning toward .5cc's. I'm going to Europe in five weeks, so I kind of feel stuck, that I can't wait two weeks and then get another fill, if this one isn't good, becasue that next one could be too much right before I go away!

Doesn't it just feel like wasted time while waiting to be tighter?

I'm making good food choices but eating just a little too much of the good food.

I think 1cc is too much at this point. It's amazing what a difference .5ccs can make! You sure don't want to get overfilled and maybe end up having to have even more taken out due to swelling and/or irritation.

It sounds like some of your struggle is choosing the right foods. How about allowing yourself a guilt-free treat each day as a reward for sticking to better foods the rest of the day?

Good luck, Sis! I really think you're almost there! :(

Thanks Kendra, I'm sure your right but it's frustrating after being so good for a few weeks to go back to this way of eating. I know I'm feeling anxious about a work situation at the moment which is not helping (nothing as bad as what you're going through of course!). I will leave it to my doctor's discretion because I don't want to regret it if it's too much, especially over the Easter holidays. How are things with you?

I have 8cc in my 10 cc band. With my last fill I told her I thought that I was pretty close to the sweet spot. It's so odd. My scales aren't necessarily going down, but my clothes sizes are. What's even odder is that I'm really not exercising like I should. I won't complain though.

Hi Wendy, good on you, my clothes are doing that as well but still feel I need to do more. What has 8cc done for you? Any problems eating? I must say I haven't stopped exercising and thank god for that because I'm sure I would have put on a whole heap of weight by now.

I go on Thurs and have been struggling with this question, too. I had planned to have them put .5cc at the last fill, but then was full on one meal the night before the fill, so I had them back it down to about .25cc and of course that ended up to not be enough.

Let me know what you end up with. I'm leaning toward .5cc's. I'm going to Europe in five weeks, so I kind of feel stuck, that I can't wait two weeks and then get another fill, if this one isn't good, becasue that next one could be too much right before I go away!

Doesn't it just feel like wasted time while waiting to be tighter?

I'm making good food choices but eating just a little too much of the good food.< /p>

I agree Shortgal, I thought I would have lost so much more by now. As I said to Kendra I have decided to leave it to the doctor to decide but I will let him know that I can still eat much more than I should. I'm the same as you, even when I make good food choices I eat too much. I will definitely get back to counting calories this week because it really makes a difference... when I did that, I lost 4 lbs. I will let you know how I go on Wednesday.

Name...................Start..........Current..........Goal ......To Go

Momto1plus1.........228.8...........227.6............218 .8.......8.8

Teresajo.................195..............188................185...... .....3

Shortgal..................189..............184................182..... ......2

Hollyberries............278..............268................270....... ..(-2)

Trixie.......................241..............221................221.. .........0

Osangriared...........262..............254................250......... ..4

Mariegabrieleee....252..............247................240............7

Longhorn................204..............195................195....... ....0

Shalee04...............205...............198................197....... ....1

wnt2lose................226...............219.................216..... ......3

BandChick64.........241...............231................230........ ...1

TxArcher...............342................334.................325..... ......9

I am still tracking my calories, not as faithful counting my Protein so that might be part of the problem, but I am choosing the right foods and I am not going over 1200 calories. I also walked twice this past week, so I am starting down the exercise path. Walked 45 min ( 2.5 miles total) and about 1 hour ( 3 miles). I guess since I lost the thirty pounds I have to lower my overall calories as well to 1000. Without better restriction, I'm finding that hard to do.

Today, I feel absolutely ravenous. I had b'fast (Kashi go lean Cereal 3/4 c with less than 1/2 c skim milk) and I keep staring at the clock to see if it's lunchtime yet!

Last week I did one day of liquids and still the scale won't move. Not gaining, but not losing either.

I'm hoping that this fill will be the one because I know my track record with dieting... I don't do it well after losing my initial 10-15 kilos (20-30 lbs). For whatever reason, this is the time I start going the other way. My brother had a go at me yesterday about the fact that I can still eat so much and that I look like I haven't lost any weight for at least 4 weeks. I am sick of explaining that I'm still not fully restricted. People don't quite get that. I did so well in the first 6 weeks that I thought it would be like that forever... how wrong was I !! :rolleyes: I stay strong with the knowledge that it will happen because I know people who have done it once they hit the sweet spot. Yay! :tt2:

That is always the first thing I say to people when they ask how much I've lost. "Well, I don't have good restriction, yet". I too, am tired of saying that and feeling like I have to explain why I haven't lost more.

I have a friend that had GBP a few years ago and she always says how slow I'm losing, but for me, this weight loss has been faster than any diet I've done, but I am annoyed the weigh loss is significantly slowing down!

As I mentioned, I'm ravenous today and I just keep eating things today.

Cereal, 4 oz leftover chix breast, Atkins Protein Bar, 2 bottles of flavored water and about 15 almonds and I'm still watching the clock for dinner time. I'm about to have an apple becasue i know they take me 20 min. to finish.

I need to be at 181 by end of this month to stay on my dress weight goal. That's 3 pounds to go in 2 weeks.

Let's pray to the restriction gods, that they hear us for this next fill.

I wanted an appt for tomorrow instead of Thurs, but they are in a different office (farther away) so that's how I got stuck waiting until Thurs. Bummer!

Name...................Start..........Current..........Goal ......To Go

Momto1plus1.........228.8...........227.6............218 .8.......8.8

Teresajo.................195..............188................185...... .....3

Shortgal..................189..............184................182..... ......2

Hollyberries............278..............268................270....... ..(-2)

Trixie.......................241..............221................221.. .........0

Osangriared...........262..............254................250......... ..4

Mariegabrieleee....252..............247................240............ 7

Longhorn................204..............195................195....... ....0

Shalee04...............205...............198................197....... ....1

wnt2lose................226...............219.................216..... ......3

BandChick64.........241...............231................230........ ...1

TxArcher...............342................334.................325..... ......9

BarbBee................270................262................259.............3