Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Dates - How many weeks for you?

I am getting pissed.

My doctor won't even consider fills unless you've stopped losing one to two pounds a week. I went to my two week post-op check up today and he told me to come back in six weeks. THEN, he said, if I have lost more than six pounds we'll wait another month, if I haven't lost six he'll consider a fill. What the hell??? Am I going to have to do this on my own?

Oh Gibson, that's terrible!!!! Basically that gives you carte blanche to go pig out just so you can get a fill. That's not right.

I just want to give you a big hug.:)

Thank you Jax! You really are a doll!

(And I'm glad you told me that was a hug icon or I would have thought you were sending a zombie after me!) lololol

Yeah, it really makes no sense. When I go back in late April, if I've lost six pounds which surely to goodness I will have!, I'm going to beg. This is so frustrating.

Yeah the hug icon is a little odd. LOL

To be honest? I don't know if I would wait until April. If it were me I'd be making an appt and asking him why you paid all this money to have an unfilled band inside you. The band won't work if it isn't filled (usually, there are some rare instances where someone can lose weight will no fills but they are few and far between) If you are hungry, if you are eating too much, then I would be demanding (not begging for) a fill.

Just to show you have different doctor's are. Mine won't give you a fill if you aren't losing weight! Which doesn't make sense to me either. Doctor's should base their decisions on whether their patients are hungry and how much they are able to eat. Like you, some people are losing weight by shear willpower, but that's not why we got the band. We got it because we need help to lose weight.

I had my first fill yesterday, he put in 1cc and ouch when I took a sip of Water. So I am at .75 ccs and was full after 3/4 of an egg with some cheese. but now an hour later I am hungry.....AHHHH so frustrating.

Hi Everyone~

I had my first fill 4 weeks after surgery and am scheduled for my second fill on April 9th which will be 2 months after surgery. Currently I am at 6cc's.

I guess all doctors really do things different. When I went for my first fill yesterday - 4 wks post op - they asked me what I wanted. They showed me the yellow, green, red chart that you find on the Allergan website. They asked me if I get hungry between meals, how much I am eating etc. I felt I was doing okay since I don't really get hungry and I eat about a cup of food at each meal. I've lost about 1 lb a week since surgery.

The doctor suggested that I go a little conservative on this first fill and I agreed. I'm more scared about the pb'g or sliming than anything and I didn't want to take a chance on getting too tight. I also found out that I already had 3.6cc in my 10cc band just from surgery. We agreed to put in .5cc yesterday and I think it was a good decision. I was allowed to eat soft foods today and I normally could eat 4oz of tuna but today only got about 3 oz down before I had to stop.

Thanks all for your great replies! I'm getting my first fill at 4 weeks, and I just wondered what the "norm" is. Still seems so many doctors do things differently, but then there's not always one way that's perfect! (Gibson, I agree with Jax, you didn't get a band for it to sit there . . . even if you're losing weight, you should still get a fill to help you with hunger . . . that's part of it! I hope you can get a fill soon sweetie, and warm hugs from me too!)

I'm really looking forward to my fill date . . . bandster hell is hitting me hard, and the scales are still not moving. :o I'm now tracking my foods and exercise on FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal (GREAT suggestion, Jax! Thank-you!) and I'm hoping this will help shed some light on what I might be doing wrong. I also see my dietitian in 3 days, so I'm hoping that will help too.

Just keep swimming all! :) I just love the family feel we have here in the "double V's"! :sneaky:

I get my first fill on day shy of 7 weeks after surgery. I could have had 6 weeks but they didn't have a morning appointment. My doc doesn't let you eat or drink after midnight the day of a fill. I'm measuring my food and not eating over a cup per meal but I don't really feel full. I think I am ready for a fill.