Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carnie Wilson's weight gain

I saw a recent picture of Carnie Wilson today on tmz.com and couldn't believe how much weight she has gained. She looks like she is 220-240 again. I feel so sorry for her. My doctor said that bipass patients typically gain back 25% of their weight in the first few years. I am so glad I have the band!

I saw her on TV couple nights ago and she said she was having a hard time losing the weight she gained while pregnant but she has a trainer and is really trying. Did she actually do Playboy?

Yeah...I saw that today on TMZ, too!! God, it just goes to show how brutal this battle with obesity is!! I have a close friend who had gastric bypass 7 years ago. He initially lost 150 pounds, only to gain it back and more!! We are all vulnerable!!

This is a life long battle. We need to keep our wits about us as food is everywhere waiting to jump back into our bellies!

It's so easy to let our guard down or kid ourselves that we have conquered our addiction.

Battle one: get the weight off. Battle two: keep it off!

wow, poor carnie...if this is not a testament to "its hard for everybody" then I don't know what is...she went from a size 28 to a size 6...I read she had a TT, breast lift and bracialplasty...wow...weight gain can happen to anyone!

I saw that on TMZ today too... I can't believe how much she gained!!! I know she had bypass and you can stretch it out but I never though you would actually be able to gain so much weight back! I feel awful for her!

my neighbor had the bypass done and lost close to 90 lbs and has gained back 100+. i think some people think it is a fix and they dont have to work at it. baby weight is awful though. on a side note, a lady in our town had the band done and still eats like before. she is maintaining her pre op loss but hasnt lost anymore. i dont understand.

my neighbor had the bypass done and lost close to 90 lbs and has gained back 100+. i think some people think it is a fix and they dont have to work at it. baby weight is awful though. on a side note, a lady in our town had the band done and still eats like before. she is maintaining her pre op loss but hasnt lost anymore. i dont understand.

the lady in your town with the band, might have stopped getting fills to get a better restriction or she is eating around the band with slider foods that are high in calories and go through the band easily.

I watched the show gone country with carnie on it and your right she's fortunatly not as big as she was before, but it does make me happy i'm made the choice of getting the band. because like her and another person I know personally there really is no option but diet and excercise once you gain it back from bypass, at least with the band you can get fills to help. I really felt bad for her because at one point on the show she was talking about going out on stage and how everyone was going to think she was fat, and to have gone through that all so publicly to gain it back is a real shame.

There is never a guarantee---as they tend to regain, many of us end up losing our bands, and making other choices, luckily with a band we have an opportunity to take advantage of other options, and a way to adjust.

More than anything, this sends a message to me, to LEARN with this opportunity, learn healthy eating habits, and to be kind, because I never know that "there but for the Grace of God goes I"....I might be next.

Kat

I saw an interview with her a while ago and she admitted to having become a "raving alcoholic" (her words) after her surgery. I've seen other articles saying that seems to be pretty common in gastric bypass patients. She went into treatment and recovered before having her baby - in fact she said that was her main motivation for recovery. It's very sad, but I'm glad she's gotten through it.

Glad I got a band, too.

I work with two women who have both had Gastric Bypass and both are over 4 years out and both have either gained it all back or well on their way to gaining it back and then some. I cannot believe the portion sizes that they consume. It just amazes me. Because they too are given a pouch with the bypass....they are to eat no more than said amount......I am uncertain why people would venture past that.

I know it is not easy, but certainly it has to be other things that play into it as well, you have to deal with what makes you eat in the first place. For most of us there are real reasons that causes us to choose food over something else when we are not actually HUNGRY!!

God Bless her and I hope she wins this battle........Lord knows it is a WAR for life!!

Carnie, Oprah, Kirstie....Whoopie....who else can be added to this list of those who publicly lose weight then gain it back....

The pressure has really been on them.