Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

StephC's PS journey/I got approved!!

First I have to say thank you for the compliment on not looking 46. I haven't really looked at my body a whole lot since surgery, but I did notice my thighs look thinner when I'm sitting. That could do with the weight loss. Hopefully when the swelling goes down the weight will also go down too. Although I'm thrilled with the scale as it is right now. I totally expected it to go higher due to what Ive read and the swelling.

I feel better all the time. I was at my son's tonight and my dil said how much better I look just since Sunday. I still get tired in the afternoon, and took a nap today from 2 til 5 - so I supose thats my body telling me to rest and heal.

Steph - So glad to hear that each day it gets better for you. I remember after my lap band surgery for about 1 week or so I felt so tired to I guess that just goes along with any surgery. Heck, take advantage of afternoon nap time. I love Saturdays so I can take a nap in the afternoon if I want to. Take care and keep up the good work!

Steph! Looking good! I think you are bloated a bit. I was told that could actually last 6 weeks sometimes! Sucks, but it is like xmas. Wait and wait for the final results. :biggrin:

Just came from the dr, he took out my drains so I thought I'd post my pics. Sorry it looks gross. If you look close you can see my port scar is now next to my belly button. He circled where my port is. Today is only day 5 so theres alot of swelling. But I'm still pleased with the results.

Wow, what a difference already, I'll bet you lost weight during the surgery and will see that once the swelling goes down! Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? I SWEAR your before pics are ME! To the "T"...but i'm NOWHERE near 150#'s and fear that at that weight I would look emaciated!!! I'm 5'7"...

I'm 5'3" and I lost 6 lbs of flab during surgery. When I got home I was at 153 now I'm up about 3-4 lbs... don't know if its from being unfilled (going on Thurs for a refill) or TOM - which is totally screwed up. I'm a few days late so nothing serious but I've been having hot flashes everyday since surgery. Who knows whats going on with my hormones. I just know I'd be happy to get my period and I'll be so very happy to get refilled!

Steph, when you lose fat on the abdomen it screws with the estrogen that is why you are having hot flashes. It took me about 1-2 weeks to finally have the scale show it. With my unfill and surgery I had gained 3 lbs when I went in for my fill. He also took 6 lbs off of my abdomen.

yeah I knew that, when my sister had her tt it threw her in complete menopause - she thought she was losing her mind. I go to my gyno on June 6th so I'll talk to him about things then. Until then I'm just dealing with it.

Steph you look terrific. I think the weight gain is all those things, just remember it is likely more Fluid and hormone related than actual fat. Your body wants to hold onto everything it can - after all you traumatized it by having major surgery and now it is fighting back! One day soon it will forgive you again :thumbup:

Steph, I am LOVING your writing and your pics. It's nice to see another Pennsylvanian! I'm meeting with 3 docs in the next 2 weeks and have a feeling one of them will be my choice. One's in the Philly area (where I am), the other 2 in Jersey. Yeah, JERSEY. pff. LOL kidding :wink2: (love u ocean cittyyyy)

How are the hot flashes? Have you started shooting lasers out of your eyes? My mom's menopausal, and that happens. Lots. hee!

Oops hit send too soon - meant to say it happens lots to my mom, so if you're not using your Death Rays on anyone, hopefully the flashes'll clear up soon as you heal!

Thanks Kate - Hot Flashes Suck! The whole tempture changes are crazy! I'm either freezing or flashing <--- yeah take that anyway you want! I'm trying to defeat the hot flashes with soy. I'm eating a bowl of bran with soy milk once a day and I'm going to pick up some soy nuts when I get a chance. I read a 1/4 cup of soy nuts a day is enough to combat the hotflashes so its worth a shot. If nothing else fails I'll see what my gyno says when I go in June.

My daughter lives near Philly - Phoenixville. She goes to Valley Forge Christian College there and is a nanny in the summer.

LOL Steph and Kate :)

Wow, doesn't sound like fun though, and I hope the hormones get back to normal soon, Steph!

I'm having GYN surgery along with my plastic surgery, so it sounds like I better start stocking up on soy now. I'll be in Florida, encased in compression garments in the June heat, so I can't even imagine what it would be like if I started getting hot flashes too......

OMGoodness it makes me sweat just thinking about June in Florida!

Good luck to you! I don't see your age - maybe you're too young to have to worry about this stuff.

You look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat had her surgery yesterday and last I heard she did great... waiting for an update....

Your journey has me seriously trying to figure out how I can get this done next year!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think 2 weeks off work (desk job) is enough????