Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd consultation down....

And we have a winner, I think! :blushing: I REALLY liked this surgeon. We just sort of clicked, if that makes sense. She's slightly more expensive than the other two I had consults with, but she includes some Lipo with the Tummy Tuck, and the others didn't. Her price is $13,570 for everything (TT, BL, lipo, medication, pain pump, night in hospital, anesthesia, etc.).

She's not super-commercialized, which I really like (that was one thing that made me a tad uncomfortable with surgeon #2). In fact, I wouldn't have even known about her if I hadn't gotten a PM from one of her patients on MMH. Her site never came up in any of my searches. She's supposed to be a top surgeon, too, from what I've been able to find. One thing that really impressed me when I was talking with her is that she showed me some of her so-so results as well as the good ones, and told me why they weren't as good as they could have been. She didn't just pick and choose her best results to advertise, you know? Anyway, she has done a lot of work with bariatric patients and the vast majority of her photos are really, really good. And they were of real people, not just skinny-minnies who just needed two inches of skin removed.

Lauren!! I am so pleased that you are really happy with her, I know people will disagree but for me you have to click with your surgeon otherwise how can you discuss fears and concerns in an open and honest way??

Good news that she isnt just a skinny minnie Dr, I think it is a different ball game when they are operating on post weightloss patients.

So are you booked in??????

Nina x

Lauren!! I am so pleased that you are really happy with her, I know people will disagree but for me you have to click with your surgeon otherwise how can you discuss fears and concerns in an open and honest way??

Good news that she isnt just a skinny minnie Dr, I think it is a different ball game when they are operating on post weightloss patients.

So are you booked in??????

Nina x

Not yet. When I book, I'll have to give a down payment, so I'm going to wait until much closer to the surgery date that I want to schedule. She said that as long as I gave about a month's notice, I should be able to get the date I want. She's going to be going on vacation this summer for several weeks and doesn't feel comfortable doing my surgery immediately before that and then leaving me, so she wants me to hold off on surgery until the second week of August or so. And honestly, that's fine with me, since that gives me even more time to stabilize my weight and save up some more money.

Lauren, I see you are 40 lbs from goal. I am 35. Did she say you had to lose much weight?
She wants me to reach 140 pounds before surgery. That'll put me right at a BMI of 25.

That sounds great. I am meeting with my PS today. Currentl my BMI is 32 but I'm hoping she'll do surgery on me between 28-30. I'm 32 lbs from goal right now.

Lauren, I am 10 lbs from PS. Does your doctor include an overnight stay or outpatient?
Sorry, Julie, I've been out of town and away from internet for the last several days. My surgeon normally doesn't require her patients to stay overnight, but she wants me to stay the first night because I'll be a couple of hours away from the hospital when I leave. That cost is included in my quote. Both of the other two surgeons I looked into required their patients to stay, I think.