Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded this week :)

Guest WendyV

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm getting banded by Dr. Spiegel in Houston this Friday. I live in The Woodlands, just north of Houston. Anyone out there from The Woodlands or Spring area?

I'm very excited to finally get in control of my weight problem. I can't remember a time when I wasn't overweight. My whole family has diabetes, heart problems, etc. and I do NOT want to go down that path. I am doing this while I'm young and healthy and hope to avoid diabetes, etc. I plan to follow doctor's orders and exercise, etc., but I'll need support to help me along the way. Glad I found you guys!

Hey, Jamie (jammin and losin) is getting banded this Friday the 18th as well.

Good luck and come back and fill us in on how you are doing. Welcome aboard!!

I'm very happy for you, especially since you're young and you'll get to enjoy your band for a long time. I wish you the best!

Wendy - Good Luck! We have several people here that uses your doctor. Please post and let us know how you are doing when you can. Also check out the older threads as well as the new ones on here and you'll find lots of your questions answered.

Hey, Jamie (jammin and losin) is getting banded this Friday the 18th as well.

Good luck and come back and fill us in on how you are doing. Welcome aboard!!

Thanks Penni~ Corgi( Renee) is also getting banded Friday!!! 3 must be our lucky number###!!

Good luck Wendy!! Speedy Recovery wishes sent your way!!!

Hi Wendy!

Im one of Dr Spiegel's patients too. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck on Friday! ;)

Hey wendy CONGRATS. You and Jamie and Corgi are all getting banded the same day. WHOO HOO!!

Thanks Penni~ Corgi( Renee) is also getting banded Friday!!! 3 must be our lucky number###!!

THREE is a very magical number!! Congrats you three- its almost here!!! I know your excited & can't wait - you'll all be losin in no time. Welcome Wendy - I wish you all the best & can't wait for your update!!

Wendy, you're probably officially becoming a bandster about now. Congratulations! Keep walking and sipping as much as you can. Hope you have a smooth recovery.

Guest WendyV

Well, I'm banded. It was a fairly pleasant experience considering that you wake up with 5 holes in your body! Everyone at the surgery center was awesome and it went pretty smoothly. I had trouble going to the bathroom after, but once the nurse threatened me with a catheter, I managed. I didn't have to spend the night and I didn't get any good pain meds. I was just told to take liquid tylenol. The ride home in the car hurt a lot, so I slept. I'm 3 days out now and it still hurts, but I think it's slightly better today. The best part is, I don't want to eat! It's all I can do to sip Water all day. When my stomach growls, I don't want to feed it. Very odd for me... I am existing on water, broth, and Protein Shakes. I am already well enough to look forward to Soups next week and mushies the week after that. Even though I'm real sore, I'm happy. No regrets at all. I won't even remember the pain in a month.