Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OT: My CA job-hunting trip

I'm closer than ever to the job! The recruiter called today and said there IS an offer on the table, but I need to do an interview/conference call with the potential workgroup. The director I'd be working for likes to include his team in the hiring process to ensure the new person will fit the group, so he wants me to go ahead with the interview mostly as a formality (I can't let on that there's an offer standing or that I did the certification to get the job). It sounds like I'm pretty much in unless I blow the call Friday. I'm going to do some brushing up on terminology just in case!

I will be SOOOOOO HAPPY when the waiting is over and I can dig in on the planning and moving!

I think I may go ahead and book that award flight out for next weekend to house-hunt, now that it feels like a safer bet.

But, we wait again for a few more days! I hope they make up their minds right away Friday!!

Wow! Everyone is having some wonderful changes in their life! Makes me wonder if there's a tie between these changes and our lapbands. I mean.....look at me.....I'm going on a cruise (if I can work out the kinks with my passport!). Yeah, I know....my cruise pales in comparision to a big location and job change. But...it's BIG for me! Anyway, this idea about big weight losses and making life changes would be a wonderful PhD research project.....if, of course, I was going to get a PhD. LOL!!! My head has been sooo in the PhD mode lately.....going through the whole process with my son....he has to get his final decision in by April 15.....oooooh...we're soooo close...the stress is incredible right now...for all of us!!! But, he won't be taking on any research like that (he's in Human-Computer Interaction) !!! So, it's up for grabs if anyone needs a PhD research topic.......LOL!!!

Good Luck Pizzica!!!

Thanks! as to your theory - there's no question. I'm taking the plunge of the big move BECAUSE of the surgery. I was watching Big Medicine and a patient decided to move to a whole new city because she wanted to go where nobody knew her "old self" so she could work on seeing her new, healthy self. It got me thinking. How cool would it be to break out and make a fresh start in a whole new city?!

It took a LOT of thinking over the past few months and no small amount of therapy to realize it really was what I wanted. Initially it was CA as a whole, but when posed with a very real opportunity in San Francisco, I realized I wanted to be farther south. The trip out last month sealed it for me that I really wanted to be in San Diego. It's been months in the making, but I'm thrilled to be taking the step, even though I'll miss my family and friends. I know some tears will be shed, but I'm also very excited to take a step as a truly independent girl (no family, spouse or buddies to fall back on). The faithful pup and I will make the big drive and see where it takes us!

Thanks for all the good wishes. Hopefully this won't drag out too much longer!

Donna

Donna, it looks like all that finger and toe crossing is going to pay off! I just love it when people take control of their lives and make positive changes. I guess that's why I love this board so much. What a great group of winners!

Thanks gang! The call is at 1pm CST today, and I'm going to do a little brushing up on terminology, just in case. The recruiter says it's more about chemistry and that I should just charm the pants off of them. Thank god I'm comfortable jabbering on the phone with strangers! I'll update when there's news...