Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Ohio Get Together - April 12, 2008

*******SPECIAL NOTICE********

This month we're changing our location from Polaris to Tuttle Mall due to a bariatric fashion show that is being put on by Mt. Carmel Hospital's bariatric team. The fashion show will feature successful WLS patients as the models.

This invitation is for anyone in Ohio that would like to join us! Whether you are pre-band, newly banded or an old band pro. Everyone is welcome!

Look for the helium balloon to mark our group!

Where: Tuttle Mall - (Inside the Macy's store entrance that faces Hayden Run Rd.)

When: Saturday April 12, 2008

Time: 1:45 p.m.

All you have to bring is your smile... but, if you want to, you are welcome to bring outgrown clothes to share with those that might need/want them as well as a "before" picture to add to our group photo album.

I hope to see you there!!!!

Edited by HeatherA
Location/Time Change

Hello from another central Ohio Buckeye! What do you guys do during the get togethers? What has the group done in the past ? Sounds like fun.

Hello from another central Ohio Buckeye! What do you guys do during the get togethers? What has the group done in the past ? Sounds like fun.

Hiya! We just gather to give each other face to face support. Yesterday we talked about our weight issues and whether our families were heavy as we are/were. One member brought a terrific chocolate mint flavored Water for us to try (yummy!). The rest of the time we discussed things like fitting in airplane seats, things that have changed for us as we've lost weight and other issues that we've faced in our bandster journeys. After the meeting we shared the clothes we had brought that were too big for us.

It's hard to describe, but the sense of being with others that share the same experience and forming friendships with them is just amazing!

I hope you'll join us next month!

Hi Central Ohio LBTers.

I'm sticking a note on here so I get subscribed...I should be there on the 12th. A LBT friend from MI is coming down that weekend for a big bike ride, so she'll be joining us! Babygrl1234 was banded in February 07 and works at a bariatric center so she is full of great information and is really inspiring!

See you then!

That's awesome Juli! I look forward to meeting our guest next month!! Thanks for letting us know :-) Now we just have to hope that we don't have another freak blizzard! LOL

Hi,

Just back from Ft. Lauderdale via Orlando and Cincinati before landing in Columbus (HOME.!).

I was not having fun, but in classes every day from 8am to 9pm to study for a 6 hour Computer Security test. STRESS! I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, studying and stress means chocolate to stay awake and motivated. So I ate Gihrardelli Chocolates (dark is good for you, right?), chocolate covered macadamia nuts (Protein, right?), jelly Beans (beans are protein). Anyway I gave myself full permission to eat what I wanted to get through the test. Well I finished the test (5.5 hours) eating Protein Bars and chocolate. Then I tried to come home to Columbus. I got as far as Orlando Sunday night before I hit problems. Delta Airlines put me up in a cheap hotel before getting me to Cincinnati on Monday afternoon and finally home to Columbus in the late afternoon. Guess you had some snow here.

So how did the lapband due through that week? I didn't feel hungry but I had problems eating the hotel food (rubber chicken, dry salmon, sausage) that was provided for our lunches. I threw up that stuff 3 different times - slimed it out if you know what I mean.

Anyway, before I left, I was down to 278. Now I'm back to 288. Yes, 10 pounds. I'm hoping some of that goes back quickly but wow that is a bad way to go. But it is worth it if I do pass the test (won't know for 2-4 weeks). Anyway, after one day back, I'm now going to get my act together, start exercising, go back on the Protein shakes for Breakfast, and eating right. I'll be there for the April meeting.

Does anyone want 6x clothes? Especially talls?

Susan

(SEEBS)

Definitely will try to make this one. I haven't had a fill yet(scheduled April 1) so I am struggling with the old way of eating.:angry_smile: Even though I'm trying to stay within 1000-1200 calories they seem to be the wrong kind of calories. Can't wait til April!!!

Hang in there Sarah. Remember Protein is the most filling. Protein shakes or SpecialK protein Water helps me in between. Next that helps me with hunger is dairy like skim milk, yogurt, I put the yogurt into a vanilla Protein shake and some flavoring to help. I can't put fruit into them for me for now post surgery on Monday, but I think you're far enough out that putting frozen strawberries into vanilla shakes, frozen cherries into chocolate shakes, or frozen banana or whatever in, gives you more flavor and fills you up.

I'm sure I'll be begging you for ideas too in a few weeks.

Susan,

Welcome home! I can imagine how easy it would be to gain while out of town, living in a hotel and studying for a test! Major stress is right!!!! I'm sure you're already back on track and shedding that weight as I type :-)

I look forward to seeing you at the next gathering!

I wont be able to make this one,

I am selling my art glass at show in Kentucky that weekend.

I wish I could come, I am having a hard time right now. Newly banded and lots of stress at home and work is not helping me loose any weight or feel very good about myself right now.

Hippiegirl... you're in luck! That week we're also meeting on the 7th at Polaris for a bariatric fashion show put on by the folks at Mt. Carmel. I'm not sure what time it is yet, but that's a Monday and I'm hopeful it will be in the evening. Maybe you can meet us there???

Hi Heather,

Just wanted to make contact with you. I was at my first support group with Dr. Meyers group this past Tuesday and you made me feel very welcome. I am scheduled for my banding on April 21st if my stress test comes out clean. I know when we taked I sounded a little discouraged because of some delays I am having but truly I am very excited to have this procedure done. I am very anxious to become involved in the local support groups and meet people who have had this procedure done. I have a good friend who had this done one year ago and she has truly been my inspiration. Hope to meet up with you and others in the Columbus area.

Jill,

It's great to hear from you!!!! I was wondering if you'd get in touch. I totally understand how you feel. I read similar stories often and it can get frustrating while waiting through delays. You won't regret it and I'm sure you'll do fantastic! I hope you will join us at our get-togethers. they are so much fun and we have a great group that meets. It's very different than the organized groups we have at Riverside. Please invite your friend as well. The more the merrier!

Send me an email and don't be a stranger! :-)

It was great meeting you!!!

Hello!

My name is Courtenay and I am currently researching lap-band surgery in Ohio and Mexico. I live in Cleveland and plan on attending this Columbus meeting. I would LOVE to talk to anyone and everyone about their surgeries, doctors, experiences, etc.

I am leaning towards having my surgery in Mexico due to pricing but fear the "fills" aspect and having to continually go back and forth. Has anyone every received a fill from a doctor different than who gave them the lap-band?

Any help/comments from anyone would be great!

Thanks!

C

Hey guys! The 12th is coming soon (yah!) and the 7th is just around the corner! I am looking forward to getting together sooo much. It is so nice to chat with you guys--everyone is so "real" that you feel right at home! I am also excited to be on the "banded side" this time...and it looks like we are going to have a few new people, too! It just keeps getting better!!!