Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The patient who knew too much....

Lainey.

Wishing you an uneventful emergence!

:lol:

You'll be fine, you know that.

I have always found astrology facinating. I am a Leo through and through.

Keep posting and don't worry about negative posts. Sometimes the tone of what a person truly wants to say is lost and then sometimes, they are just being rude.

Shortgal, you do make a good point: I do a shop-till-u-drop trip with my two cousins three times a year--

And I've always thought to myself "My cousin Dottie is the biggest, then Fran is the middle, and I'm the smallest" (FAT PERSON, of course)--until once I was discussing sizes with my cousin Fran and realized she wore a smaller size than me!!!:lol:

Live and learn!! :)

And how about this one: well, I'm fat, but not as fat as THAT person! Kinda of funny, when you think about it. A fat person judging a fatter person?

Ha, I had one of those moments today! Thought of this thread right away too.

Though to be fair, the fatter person pulled out in front of me in a parking lot so I was already in a judging mood. :thumbup:

Just a "light-hearted" interjection here in this discussion about "fat" people. A woman I work with told me that her grandson likes to use her as a pillow. When he's sitting with her, he likes to plump her up like a pillow. She told him once that it was a good thing she was fat so he could make him so comfortable. He replied, "Grandma... you're not fat... you're fluffy!" I thought that was the most adorable reference to being overweight ever! :thumbup:

I was being serious, not rude or anything, I want good luck, if it wasnt for bad luck I'd have NO luck! (except for winning my ins battle to get my band done)

Lynne...I'm not ignoring you, honey. I typed two responses but somehow when I went to post and erased them, instead. I'll get the hang of this site soon....I did look up the date. I have to run out tonight..all the nurse anesthesia residents are celebrating...our comprehensive exams for the boards...so I guess I'm starting my pre-op diet tomorrow. I'll send you something under private cover.

Shortgal....of course I would like my surgeon to be well aspected (astrologically speaking, of course) for the surgery. But based on the reaction to my little post here @ LBT, can you imagine his eyebrows as I ask for his birthday to make sure his moon (or mars) is in the right place while he's doing my surgery?

I'd be more concerned about your anesthesiologist/anesthesist than your surgeon :thumbup:

I don't think that is fair. How many times have you done the same thing? Looked at a drug addict and wondered why they started drugs to begin with? Or an alcoholic and wondered why they don't just quit? There are a million similar examples.

We have an eating disorder in my opinion and just like alcoholics we don't get help usually until it is out of control. We all think we can do it on our own.

I didn't relate to fat people either until I was one. I did not understand why they didn't just quit eating. Typically in society we hear "eating disorder" and think anorexia. It goes the other way too.

I'll never relate to wanting to get another good drunk in, I'll never relate to missing cocaine. I wouldn't fully relate until I had the same experience. Same holds true for fat folks.

Wow, It was meant to be lighhearted, see the smiley!! See the good luck! Laineyjeanne responded and knew what I meant and laughed about it too. The bottom line is we have all arrived at a place in our lives were we are gettting or wanting to get the lap band, and it doesn't matter when we began our journey or how long we have been suffering the point is we are doing something about it and supporting each other that's what counts........

lattidah--another cute story....

I was once speaking my 6th graders and mentioned something about me being fat. One boy yelled out, "You're not fat; you're just short, so you LOOK fat."

The rest of the class was horrified. I was hysterical! Sooo funny!

I love astrology. I had my chart done, but I have never been able to figure out all that I would like to know about it, even though I have the book astrology for dummies.

I wish you the best of luck. Wouldn't it be great if none of us gained weight as we got older. I weighed 110 lbs in high school and until I had kids.